Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Pablo Counago is a hero! Further proof that Mad Jack is rubbish :P.

Absolutely devastated that at the end of my season I can only walk away with a league title to my name. Manchester United came back strong and fucked me over. I did the double on them but they beat me in the FA Cup, injured De Jong for my Champs League match against Real Madrid (both legs two days after prem games against Chelsea and Arsenal respectively) and then snatched the league title away from me because I couldn't beat Bolton on the final day of the season. Eerily close to real life, United entertained Sunderland but drew this time, and so a draw would leave me one point adrift and three would give me all the glory.

Fuck you Bolton. They somehow finished seventh.

Got Mussachio coming in soon, and going to try and sell a few deadweights like Hargreaves, Barry and Kolarov/Savic/Onuaha. Has anyone ever managed to get Mario to play properly? He has 5 shots on target out of 42 for the season and has four goals >_>. So when he hits the target, it's awesome, but he goes for long distance every damn time. Really want to get him to perform properly.

Dzeko and Ageuro had amazing seasons, Dzeko getting 35 goals and Aguero getting 27. Tevez was stuck on 15 because of injuries. Kompany and Nasri were outstanding getting 11 goals each. Was going to move on after this season, but I can't move on with only a sodding league cup to my name! Bring on season two, time to smash it!

Counago wasn't that great for me at MK Dons. He was in fact awful and I sold him to a third tier Spanish team!

Counago wasn't that great for me at MK Dons. He was in fact awful and I sold him to a third tier Spanish team!

Looking at his stats I think he'd struggle once you get to the upper reaches of League 2, but at a non-league level he's Jamil Adam levels of unstoppable. He's just scored four in a single half for me, including two from outside the area!

Pablo Counago won me the second leg in the semi final of the FA Carlsberg Trophy. Was 2-0 down in aggregate and 0-0 at half time, bollock the team then he comes out and scores a hattrick.

Pablo Counago= Superman.

• Like 1

wut Wut WUT :wacko:

Leeds played their way to 0 wins/9 losses 7 goals/38 conceded after my post (scoring 1 and conceding 7 in the two games since my last post) before gaining their first points of the season.

...toppling a Man United team that hadn't dropped A POINT all season, 1-0.

Seriously, wut.

1st season:

Played 46: Won 40, Drew 4, Lost 2 finishing on 124 points and 23 ahead of 2nd place.

Great season from my Wrexham team with Counago finishing on 43 goals while Argentinian centre mid Victor Ormazabel had 28 assists and Belgium winger Erdnic Kurtulus had 18 assists and 16 goals.

Got to play Gateshead now in the FA Carlsberg Trophy final so hopefully I can make it a double.

Also in the Prem, with 1 game left Arsenal led by Rafa Benitez after Wenger got sacked are currently in 13th place with a Europa League final against Spurs to play. While on the subject of Spurs they are set to win the Prem with City in 2nd while Man United and Liverpool are fighting for 3rd and 4th. Chelsea with Louis Van Gaal as manager are in 9th place and could finish in the bottom half of the table. Everton won the Carling Cup beating QPR 2-1 and the FA Cup final was won by Spurs who beat Wigan 4-0.

Blackburn will finish bottom so are already relegated while Villa are already relegated but could finish 18th with the final relegation spot to be decided between QPR and Swansea.

Chelsea will play Inter in the Champions League final as well after they beat United in the semis.

• Like 1

For the third season in a row I have brought Vancouver Whitecaps to the play offs. For the second year in a row we have been the first team to qualify for them. We currently stand ten points clear at the top of the Western Conference. In the over all standings we are first too.

The Eastern Conference leaders Columbus Crew are eleven points worse off than we are and we just beat them 4-1.

What is next for it to get out of th CONCACAF Champions league group of death. A big win over Portland got us first on goal difference after 1-1 draws with Chivas and Saprissa at home.

We still have World Club Cup games coming up, so I can see me resting a lot of players for the end of the league and I would like to qualify from our CL group too as early as possible.

Plus, Konè is back and he has been at his marvellous best :D

So after doing the double with Standard, I joined Gladbach, who had exceeded expectations and finished 4th in Germany. But half way through my pre season, as England lose in the Euro 2020, Mancini resigns and I get offered the England job. After managing Peru, I wasn't too keen on managing England. But it's England - so I took it. So now I'm manager of England after a fantastic month at Gladbach.

I was a minute from beating the Ivory Coast :(

We came from 2-1 down to lead 3-2 until Gervinho popped up in the 92nd minute to draw level.

Still, I've played four, won two, drawn two as Canada manager. Scored 12 and conceded 4.

Question about player promises. I promised Thiabet Courtis that I'd loan him out to get first team football, but then Tim Krul decided he needed a new challenge, so he's negotiating with 6 clubs now. Obviously I've dropped him for Courtis immediately and he's going to be my first choice now, will he still get pissy because I didn't keep my promise or will he recognise that I gave him first team football instead?