Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Ah. Any chance you can link me up with a copy?

And I assume I put it in same way as the one Gazz linked?

Has anyone else noticed that Ryan Giggs has Sierra Leonean listed as a second nationality?

...what?

Giggs is mixed race – his paternal grandfather is from Sierra Leone – and has spoken of the racism he faced as a child.[14] From Wiki

He probably would've had a better chance of playing in a tournament if Sierra Leon had called him up than Wales :shifty:

Stoke, with the likes of Montillo, Veloso and Fagner got relegated. They still had a lot of great players, but fucked up in their first attempt at getting back up to the Premiership. Two years later they're playing in League one! Also Portsmouth are finally out of the football league, yay.

So restarting as Norwich in the full version until I can find a NASL mod. Good news is, this time around I didn't listen to my assistants on Morison's role, so he hasn't become an insufferable crybaby yet.

Bad news is, in two matches (the first against my own reserves), I've had four injuries on top of the pre-existing one.

At least Holt's only out for a few weeks.

By the way, when familiarizing your team with a tactic, is it better to have just the one or should I have three up at once?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Right an update on my Wrexham game so far.

Last time I posted I had that bad run of form that cost me the chance of winning League 1 and automatic promotion, however I turned that around and secured 4th place. In the playoffs I beat Crystal Palace in the semis before beating Yeovil 4-2 with Pablo Counago scoring in his last ever game in the 90th minute. (Also won the Welsh Cup again that season)

Current season: I needed to bolster up the team to have a chance of surviving in the Championship and possibly obtaining a respectable league position. Because a few high earners were leaving the club on free transfers or in Counago's case retiring, It meant that I had plenty of wage budget to work with to get some free transfers in. So I secured Emmerson Boyce, Wayne Routledge, Jermaine Pennant, Enda Stevens, Andreas Laudrup to play with his brother Mads and I secured two regens on free transfers: Per Hermansen a Danish fullback and Lefteris Dimitriou a Greek striker.

Tottenham loaned me Ceri Kissick a Welsh regen who plays upfront and I have to say the partnership of him and Lefteris is frightening at times. Those two could become some of the best strikers in the game. I got Thomas Carroll in on a free transfer in January but he decided to tear his hamstring after one game (great signing that was) and my cunt of a chairman decided to sell Hermansen behind my back for 2.3mil to Chelsea :( I'm not fussed about him getting sold by the chairman because we really need the money its just the fact I could have gotten more out of him.

Got knocked out the 2nd round of the Carling Cup by Villa who are now back in the Prem, got beat in extra time after smashing Port Vale in the first leg. In the FA Cup I beat Brighton 4-3 after being 3-1 down to secure a home tie against Liverpool. Managed to secure a draw and now have to play them at Anfield :D

But in the Championship, I am smashing it this season. After 27 games I find myself 1 point behind Bolton who are first and I have a game in hand over everyone around me. 6 points ahead of third place Southampton and I am starting to believe I could secure the possibility of getting promoted every season. Its good I've stuck with Wrexham considering all of this season and the end of last season I keep getting linked to jobs abroad like Anderlecht or Brugge as well as other Championship sides.

I have had my team playing back to black friendlies. Changing the entire squad for each game.

I have no idea why I did this.

God the Blackburn fans are dickheads. I signed Butterfield and they said he's shit. HE ONLY SIGNED TODAY. HE'LL DO WELL IN OUR MIDFIELD. :@ I also signed Jutkiewicz because we need some strikers since Wood has gone back to the Baggies and Scannell is on his way out and they said he's shit too. :@

Pft, blame FM! You guys would appreciate my signing of Butterfield. S'pissed me right off. No real stand our players want to join at the minute. For some reason despite being in the playoffs last season and being the highest scorers we're expected midtable - so great players are avoiding the club. Butterfield was quite the coup!

First win in friendlies:

thishereiswhatyoucalldo.png

Unacceptable yellow cards for a friendly, but the possession tells the story.

I'd like to see more accuracy in shots, but Morison and Holt are injured so I'm not too worried about it long-term-wise.