Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Well I'm down to my like fourth striker and a reserves team player. And I told them not to take the match seriously (which provided morale boosts).

I would try to sign some new blood but that's just not an option at the moment given my transfer budget of zero and needing my reserve players to fill in for my seven injured players.

Started a game with Bayern in January for something fun...and it really hasn't been fun at all :P I was hoping to have Robben just tear it up, but he missed the first half of the year with a groin problem so he was entering the spring half of the season with no fitness. He's been poor, to put it best.

Really been struggling to get the team to gel together. Been playing their wide 4-2-3-1, usually with gomez up top as a poacher (wow are his dribbling and first touch stats bad!) , ribery on the left (inside forward left), kroos behind (att mid support), and muller on the right (inside forward attack). But they struggle to score goals. Damn Krauts.

Finished 2nd in the Championship

PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL FOR WREXHAM :w00t::D But I have been offered the Everton job... I mean they finished 14th but it's still a pretty big jump from Wrexham to Everton considering I started on automatic reputation so I'm quite pleased with getting offered the chance. Think I'll stick with Wrexham and see who I can get in on a free transfer in the transfer window.

greek.png

I took a huge risk in signing this guy for £30 million from Panathinaikos in the January window, especially seeing as I did it mainly on the basis of his potential. But look how well he has started off for me! Look at his league form!

It's just as well, cause nobody else on my team can score. :shifty:

thatshowwerollsucka.png

First match back from injury for Morison and I put him straight on the pitch. Since my last match I fine-tuned my tactics a bit. Unfortunately we had a bit of a task ahead of us as Wolfsburg were favored to win. First half was a bit shaky, so I made some adjustments to make us play the counter a bit more. And after some unlucky attempts, a nice 1-2 to reverse our fortunes. I wanted to make sure we had a happy ending to this so when they shifted from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4, I answered with a 6-2-1-1. A last minute close-call brilliantly saved by Rudd clinched it for me.

Not happy with the on target percentage. But I've looked at it and noted that when we're in the box we either go in the net or hit the keeper in the hands and we only miss completely when out of range. So shots from 18 yards or less from now on.

I'm cautiously optimistic about my squad here. My only concern is a threadbare budget, but with this performance and my captain almost healthy again I'm comfortable with accepting a bid for one of my surplus defenders so I can afford to re-sign people.

I've just seen a cracker of a goal from Denilson in the League Cup against Derby. From the edge of the area, near-side, he's hit it at the far side...it's started its trajectory aiming for where the six-yard box meets the goal line...and curled it in from there. Magnificent.

I'm assuming ORO is using the US version of FM? Because I just noticed "Pep" and "Field" replacing "Team" and "Pitch".

Wrexham update:

I had about £23mil to spend now I had reached the big time of the Prem and I obviously needed to improve not just the first team but add some options as well. So in terms of the free transfer signings I went down this route:

Al Habsi (GK), Lee Camp (GK), Maynor Figueroa (DLC)= Because Wigan failed to get promoted from the Championship, The first position I needed to sort out was goalkeeper because Blackman's loan was finishing and he wasn't good enough for the Prem just yet and Mayebi who I've had since the Blue Square is not good enough for the Prem. Al Habsi is still a really good keeper so it was an obvious choice to go and get him. Lee Camp had been released from Nottingham Forrest and would provide good backup for Al Habsi while also being a contender to play in goal. Figueroa would go straight into the team at left back but also provides cover for centre back.

Sebastian Ribas (ST) was available on a free transfer and again with Kissick going back to Spurs, I needed to improve my strike options to get goals to stay in the league. Jordan Henderson was available and took a lot longer to persuade after several failed attempts he finally lowered his wage demands and he will play in the centre of midfield.

In terms of players purchased: Scott Dann (CB) £4.9mil from Fulham who will captain the side, Jordon Mutch (CM) £1.7mil from Birmingham who will partner Henderson in midfield, Rasmus Bengtsson (CB) £475k from FC Twente who will play alongside Dann at the back, Pajtim Kasami (MR) £3.4mil from Fulham, Ibrahim Ghaleb (CM) £5.5mil from Cesena who will be a rotation option in midfield as he's a strong defensive midfielder, Jordan Rhodes (ST) £2.5mil from Wolves who again will play up front with Ribas or Dimitriou and finally Roman Fabry (MC) a 18 year old Czech regen who could become a world beater only for £60k from Zlin.

Released a few players such as Pennant because he is clearly past it now and was on a bit of money, alongside with Ormazabal and Maruanya who had been with me since the Blue Square.

Also I am now Iraq manager...thought i'd dip my feet into international management.

I'm assuming ORO is using the US version of FM? Because I just noticed "Pep" and "Field" replacing "Team" and "Pitch".

I got the version that was available to me for Steam and I live in the US, so... yeah.

Is there compatibility issues between the two I should know about for mods and such? The one Gazz linked to loaded fine.