Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I bought this game like 6 weeks ago and I've really struggled to get into a game, but I've got a Spurs game going on at the moment that will hopefully last longer than like 2 months. Just about figured out team talks too after my players seemingly looking at eachother as if to say "who's this prick?" whenever I said something during friendlies.

Annoyingly with the January update, Spurs have a depleted squad. Most of the first eleven is there but there's little beyond it. The only two fit centre backs I had were Nelsen and Kaboul. Kaboul gets injured at the start of the season, so in comes that South African guy they bought who's never played for them in real life. He's done okay I guess. It seems my biggest battle will be against international matches injuring my already depleted squad. There was a round of international friendlies three days before the start of the season so I withdrew everybody, and Ledley King's just come back and was instantly called up for England at like 65% fitness. As a hail mary I asked him to consider international retirement to prolong his career with us and he did it! So I guess it's like 2-0 to me on the keeping my own players fit front. Glad to see the game including Tottenham's recent success at getting players to withdraw from international squads! [/troll]

Playing a staggered 4-1-3-1-1 formation. When everybody's back I shouldn't be too bad in terms of depth but a couple of back-up full backs would be nice so I guess that's what I'll be looking for in January.

He has probably been bought by someone else, but look for Rafael Toloi. Good CB.

8 seasons for Wigan then getting dicked by Lucas Villa.

What a career.

Guest mr. potato head

OK, so maybe Quevilly wasn't an anomaly and the French Cup is just always crazy.

In 2012-13, I was feeling glum after getting knocked out in the ninth round by a National (third division) side, but there are only five Ligue 1 clubs in the eleventh round (round of 16)! Two non-league outfits are still there (and "league" includes a four-division fourth level)!

I've got to trim this bloated squad!

But we are 24 games unbeaten at the moment and we've drawn former European Champions Red Star Belgrade in the Champions league 2nd round qualifiers.

Cog turned down a contract extension! He is only on a 1 year deal.

Haven't been able to get into a game for a while after my Koln game basically hit its peak, as I was never going to top the league. Don't know what to try - I've done the obscure European team before. I've done alright with mid table Prem teams. To be fair, I've never tried playing as a top club and see how successful I can get.

Erfurt sacked me after 3 seasons. To bad, i felt like i finaly got something going.

Ahlen emidiatly offerd me a job. Better stadium, wages up to two million... to bad that about half the team is at the end of their contract and the wage bill is at 3 million so i have no chanse to hold any of those players. :w00t: Who is managing these lower league clubs when i am not arount. The amount of crap players at over 200k per year is astounding. Looks like a good place to build a new team from the ground up, to bad there is no transfer money available, but with that wage budget i should be able to sign some of the better free of contract players strollin around.

• Admin

Haven't been able to get into a game for a while after my Koln game basically hit its peak, as I was never going to top the league. Don't know what to try - I've done the obscure European team before. I've done alright with mid table Prem teams. To be fair, I've never tried playing as a top club and see how successful I can get.

Be Bournemouth.

Or AFC Wimbledon.

I know Samba can play up front, but he's fucking shit apart from heading and being pretty quick, so why the hell would Spurs play him up front when they've got Defoe, Kane and a whole group of midfielders that would be infinitely better than him playing there?

Got through the second champions league qualifier round beating Red Star 7-3 on aggregate. Won 5-0 at home and lost 3-2 away. Sets up a third round match with Dinamo Zagreb. We're at least gonna make the Europa league first round anyway.

Problem is squad rules and injures to Reid and David Templeton meant they had to sit the round out and auto selecting my squad left me with limited options in DL and no DM which is pretty important in how I play away games.

Guest mr. potato head

Toulouse update (2012-13): Breezed through the Europa League group stage, smashing Aberdeen twice, beating Standard both times and notching a win at Anfield (Liverpool won the return match). Got bundled out against Stuttgart in the first knockout round, but fair enough, Chelsea would have been a tough opponent to get into the quarterfinals. Already mentioned the French Cup early exit (we're down to just one Ligue 1 team in the final four), but managed to make the Coupe de Ligue final and should be able to handle Nantes. Marseille is running away with the league again, but we're neck-and-neck with a resurgent PSG for third, not far behind Lyon for second.