Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I have a super godly editor-made defender in Canada

This makes it not at all impressive. It's not that surprising a result to begin with, let alone with you making your own freaks in the editor.

Fine, but does it explain two people on the squad bereft of talent and the surname Hoilett beating the best U23 team in the world for 2 goals? The freakish defender didn't assist either one, and the match seemed bogged the in mid field.

EDIT: The godly defender (named Bret Bennett) wasn't even playing, I guess Canada left him off the roster for whatever reason.

CANrosters_zpse99c1b6d.png

Also, are huge potential fluctuations considered normal or a sign you're doing something in training wrong? I had Iker Muniain's potential go from 3 1/2 stars to 2 1/2 over the course of half a year according to my assistant reports

Edited by Whtie Dolphin

Had a fun win over Ipswich last night. Was on top almost immediately after Fortuné scored twice in the opening five minutes, later getting his hat-trick. Ipswich needed a penalty and an own goal from my keeper to make it 4-2 at the break. 5-4 was the final score...I couldn't help but think of poor TEOL. :shifty:

Then I went and drew 0-0 with Bristol City. Damn you, football.

It's sometime in March and the MK Dons are about as mid-table as you can get - lurking around the 10th-12th mark and far enough off both relegation (about 20pts) and the playoffs (about 12pts) to make the league a bit of an amble in the final couple of months. Luckily I've still got the FA Cup to occupy me after receiving a pretty damn easy run: Bishop Stortford, Bristol City, Bolton, and I'm about to go up against Burnley in the 6th round. A semi-final trip to Wembley potentially awaits! And of course, money. Lovely, lovely money. Still crossing my fingers that the club will break even this year to keep the bank balance at, er, about £50,000.

Well, SOMETHING strange is up with this game.....I'm trying to re-sign Carles Puyol, and I have $30M left in the payroll budget to do it, but for some reason, the board thinks giving him 10 mil is unreasonable even though hes already being paid 10 mil, thus meaning my current payroll won't even change. I have his status set as indispensable to the club too. So what, I just let go of the fuggin team captain for nothing?

Is there some technique I'm missing here to get him re-signed?

but for some reason, the board thinks giving him 10 mil is unreasonable even though hes already being paid 10 mil, thus meaning my current payroll won't even change.

If your current payroll is over its budget then the board can insist on offering only reduced rates, even to existing players. For example my squad is currently at £47,000 per week with a £44,000 per week budget (I blame fucking promotion pay increases, but it's near-impossible to sign anyone decent without them). I've got three players whose contracts are running out but even one who is "First Team" and currently on about £3,000 per week, the board's limit for his new contract is £800 per week.

Doesn't bother me. One is a striker who I don't really need anyway, and another is a pretty average centreback and I'm sure there will be cheaper options around in the summer. But then there is the other player who, although someone I could also live without, is a Club Legend and I'm sure the fans will hate me if he gets let go. And then the board will spend the next six months gravely noting in their monthly confidence updates that they're "disappointed in the release of Dean Lewington". Sanctimonious cunts that they are.

In lighter news, 16 year old youth player Reuben Gould scored on his debut! :wub: I can't decide whether I want to believe his name is pronounced like 'gold' ("GOLD! Always believe in your soul..."), or whether it's more amusing to think of him as speaking like a Goa'uld from Stargate.

Went 1-0 up after only 80 seconds with a goal from winger Michael Jones...but a goal from N'Zogbia in the second half and then another from him in the last 10 minutes of Extra Time meant that MK Dons would not be part of the FA Cup Final. Sad face. :(

But the day out at Wembley for the semi-final, with gate receipts and so on, netted me a cool £1.5 million (aka 60% of my annual wage bill). Happy face! :D

• Like 1

Lost all three of my remaining league games after the FA Cup exit. I could say it was because we were safely mid-table and I wanted to blood some youngsters (which I did a little)...but mostly I just didn't care and felt like dicking around. :shifty:

Our final position in our first Championship season is 13th, and my reward for accruing a ridiculous amount of cup money is a wage budget upped to £60,000 per week and a transfer budget of £4.1 million. Which I probably won't spend most of because I know what I'm like.

My personal aim is going to be the playoffs next season. Probably won't tell the board that though. I would prefer for them to be surprised by my awesomeness if it actually happens.

It's exactly five days before the start of the new season and my goalkeeper, David Martin, gets a £625,000 bid from Blackpool which activates the release clause that he INSISTED got put in when he was briefly throwing a hissy fit in the middle of the previous season. Hence I am left with, er, precisely one goalkeeper in my entire squad (don't ask why I only had two to begin with), and not a good one as it's only Sam Walker of former-Chelsea-youth-academy origin.

And so I am required to try and find a good keeper in less than a week who a) doesn't demand super wages (e.g. Ross Turnbull), and b) isn't some wet-behind-the-ears 18 year old who might have a 4 star potential but is currently even worse than Walker. Unfortunately the latter account for some 90% of the players who come up in the 'realistic target' player search and this is made evident by use of the "Age must be at least 21" condition that throws out precisely six keepers for me to choose from.

But at the end of the day I manage to get hold of Scott Flinders from Brighton. It goes through the day before the opening match away at Burnley and he just so happens to cost me exactly the same amount as I got for selling Martin. Huzzah, I say. Crisis over.

Except my fans see things differently and are in uproar over the "waste of money" that Flinders is. True, a fee of £625,000 absolutely wipes the floor with my previous £325,000 transfer record that I spent on Jake Bidwell the previous season - but when else in their history have MK Dons had this much money to play with anyway? Ingrates.