Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Let me see if the steam screenshot linking works propper.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93927698

In your face southhampton.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93927631

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93927668

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Looking to buy a new (budget) laptop soon and so *naturally* my main concern is balancing cost with how efficiently it can run FM. :shifty:

Most budget laptops I see have a respectable amount of RAM but an utterly cheapass processor (even getting an Intel i3 would be pushing the boat out). Does anyone know of any way to judge what FM's practical multi-league-running-without-having-to-wait-all-day performance might be? Without having the computer in my hands to test it, of course.

Okay, step by step: So, do you know what benchmarking is? :P

Although I can guess what it is by context, I have no direct experience of using/checking it and the art of Google makes it difficult to find anything that I could both a) understand, and b) relate to my specific curiosities.

Okay, step by step: So, do you know what benchmarking is? :P

Although I can guess what it is by context, I have no direct experience of using/checking it and the art of Google makes it difficult to find anything that I could both a) understand, and b) relate to my specific curiosities.

If it's any help, I have a laptop with 6gb RAM and the intel i3 processer at 2.53ghz. I don't know a whole lot about processers, but it runs FM really well. It usually stays on 5 star performance/game speed with a few playable nations, leagues and everyone from Brazil loaded up.

Yeah the cheaper models I'm finding are more like 4GB RAM (fine) and Intel Pentium B950 types. But then tonight I've been rudely awakened to the reality of having very little money, on account of Stokerina spending much of our savings on bookcases that just happen to be 'nicer' than the bookcases we already had. As such, I'll perhaps revisit the issue next month. <_<

Back on FM, to follow up on my earlier Manchester City victory I've now beaten West Ham in the fourth round. Why the fuck doesn't the League Cup have any prize money for round progression? Even the Johnstone's-fucking-Paint Trophy spits out a measly five grand for winning in the 1st round or whatever. I mean really.

My first season ended with Man City unsurprisingly topping the league, with 93 points. A last-day win at Reading, coupled with Chelsea's 3-0 defeat at the Emirates meant I nicked 2nd place, but still 9 points back on City. I finished with a record of 26 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats.

As for the cups, I took them far too lightly, playing weakened sides. Everton beat me 3-1 in the CoC Quarter's, and I lost at the very first hurdle in the FA Cup, 4-3 away at Birmigham.

In the Champions League, the group stage ended with us, Juventus and Montpellier all on 10pts (Ajax bottom), and I was knocked out via the head-to-head rule. I managed to beat Vaslui, Inter, Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs in the Europa League to lift the trophy, however - my first on the game. And apparently, I'm now one of the most successful Welsh managers ever! shifty.gif

It wasn't the European trophy I would've liked, but given the draw I was handed from the last 16 onwards, it was a decent achievement.

Other interesting notes from the season;

van Persie missed the last 14 games of the season because of a broken ankle - but still took the Golden Boot with 31 goals.

Sam Allardyce got sacked by West Ham early on, so Mike Phelan left me to take charge of them. They'll be playing Championship football next term. Wigan and Norwich join them.

Wolves and Bolton got promoted automatically, and only a play-off final win for Birmingham against Blackburn stopped it from being the same three from the season before making a return.

Real Madrid beat Man City 2-1 in the CL final. Arsenal won the FA Cup, Spurs won the Capital One Cup.

Liverpool made a shocking start, but didn't lose in their last 25 league games. It was only enough to get 4th.

Spurs picked up Del Piero on a free at the start, and paid 20-odd million for Cavani. They were 6th.

Onto my 2nd season.

My main concern was not having enough strength in depth. The players I was bringing in just weren't good enough, especially when I wanted to rest my first team in Cup matches. So...

Out

Anderson to Lyon £6.5m

Welbeck to Porto £12m

Berbatov to Inter £2.5m

Fabio to Real Sociedad £6.5m

Macheda to Roma £4.1m

In

Lucas Digne (last season's budget) £4m

Massadio Haidara (last season's budget) £3.5m

Tom Huddlestone (last season's budget) £11m

Nicolas Otamendi (last season's budget) £12.5m

Andre Ayew for £12.25m

Isco (loan) for £2m

Fernando Llorente on a free

Apparently, I've made a huge mistake signing Huddlestone. My mate assures me he's terrible, but I don't really have a natural DM. He won't start the games that matter, but could prove handy in the last 10 minutes of games.

Llorente only had 6 months left on his contract, so I snapped him up when I saw his name at the top of the list. No brainer, really.

Ayew and Isco should also boost attacking options, whilst Otamendi will likely start alongside Vidic as Ferdinand keeps getting injured, and his wages are far too high to justify a new contract at the end of this season. Digne and Haidara are both young left-backs. They were my two January signings in season one. I sent Haidara out on loan to Coventry, who ensured me he'd be a vital part of their team, and then didn't make a single appearance. Ligne stepped in and did well enough when Evra was tired/injured. I could definitely do with strengthening further in that area though.

So yeah, I'm having fun! The bookies haven't given me much hope to win the PL this season, but I've just signed a new 5-year deal. I'd probably settle for 2nd again and a better outing in all of the cup competitions, if I'm honest - especially if City keep dominating teams the way they have been.