Football Manager 2012

Lineker

In my game i have the feeling that the big clubs are all falling apart. Might be due to the savegame restriction of german leagues only (laptop game, wanted some speed to it). But not only city, juve and such are hit, also munich. Sometimes they snatch a good young player for tons of money but all in all the teams are good but very slow due to age.

I just one the champions league, still a pretty wild ride.

I feel that it´s a tad easier getting a small team to become big than in the older games. Not talking about team qualety but actuale club qualety (training, stadium ect.) - What i still struggle with is getting good sponsors for my small team. One year i win the german cup and the Bundesliga, the next year i win the german cup again and snatch the Champions League... got my stadium from 11000 (3000 seated) to 20000 (17000 seated) and have a new 30000 all seated stadium being build but still i get a whooping 300k kitsponsor deal for the next five years (thats 150k more compared to my deal from the thrid bundesliga i started in...)... whats up with that?

I think they can do a little more work there, not expecting to be payed like Munich or Dortmund right away, but at least some better and renegotiation should be going on.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

got Ipswich promoted first season, but preparing for the season is hard.

It's harder when I'm one negotiation away for getting 6.5 mil for the striker I wanna buy, then Vitesse randomly up their valuation for 5 million. Fucking stupid.

And no one wants to buy my unwanted players.

I really hope FM13 makes a bigger deal out of deadline day - for something that's so fun in real life, I really feel like FM doesn't do it justice at all, and it doesn't really reflect the havoc and cut-down prices you could get. For example, I'm pretty sure that Liverpool would accept my offer to take Andy Carroll on loan for 30% of his wages instead of the 40 then want when they realise no one else is gonna take him.

Offer them over 48 months. More teams can afford it so you've got a better chance of selling the player. It won't boost your transfer budget a lot, but if you're just trying to get rid of them then it's better than paying them not to play. Plus it keeps money coming in, and you can use the money coming in to pay for a player you want over 48 months, or whatever.

Managed to finish 4th in the first season with Norwich somehow. A ridiculous ten match winning streak including battering Man City 5-2 on the final day clinched it.

A lot of teams did really poor though, and I doubt I'll do it again.

Qualified for the group stage of the Champion's League by coming back from a 2-0 defeat against Atletico away, then going one goal down early on meaning I needed four. Nicklas Bendtner scored all four the lovely bastard.

I don't plan on sticking around though as I planned this game to be a very disloyal one, staying with a club for two years maximum. As soon as a good job comes up, I'm outta here.

Just finished all but the last game of my 2016/17 season, easily the furthest I've gone in to a game this year, and I'm still interested. Currently at Man City, won the title in 2015, before Liverpool and the might of their 50 goal a year striker Andriy Yarmolenko took over and won last year's and this year's titles. My youth prospects are really starting to shine too, with my Brazilian striker Macula becoming my joint top scorer with Aguero. He would have scored more, but he was injured for six months. :/

On to the Champions League final against reigning champs Man United... at MURRAYFIELD!

Andy Weimann (on loan) is tearing shit up in League 1 with 8 goals in 6 games thus far. Plus a hat-trick away at Bristol City in the League Cup 2nd Round...but then, Walsall managed to beat Liverpool at Anfield with a goal in the 90+7th minute, so small potatoes in comparison.

A very very lovely away tie at Manchester City drawn for the 3rd round too. CHEQUE PLEASE!

GAZZ IN FOOTBALL MANAGER FIRST SHOCKER!

A team just actually accepted my offer to take one of their players on a 4 week trial.

Free striker! :w00t:

GAZZ IN FOOTBALL MANAGER FIRST SHOCKER!

A team just actually accepted my offer to take one of their players on a 4 week trial.

Free striker! :w00t:

He rejected the move. <_<

• Like 1