Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Found a way to get more into my new FM career. Create a twitter account for it! Expect pics a plently, plus I like the idea of using twitter to hold little press conferences, would make it more varied than the ones on FM.

@TheNewGafferFM for those interested. Posting some backstory on Gerald Mitchell's playing career first

Guest Owned by Quickquid

Gah. Doing a Christmas tour of Belgium in 2013 (still as Toulouse) and the game crashes. Don't really want to go back and replay the matches I did earlier this morning plus re-do a bunch of contract negotiations, so I think I'm off FM for a while.

Shame, I was really enjoying that game. Europa League quarterfinals were a possibility and we were mounting a legitimate challenge for the league (thanks to OM falling back to earth this year). Had succession plans in place for most of my first team and was able to find enough bargain signings that I had a couple million left to poach some prospects. Tremendously fun save.

As Norwich I beat Everton 6-2 a couple of weeks ago, now playing them in the FA Cup and told them I expect a win, and half my team is confused.

:wacko:

I get that a lot too, but mostly when I name perennial MOTM Daniel Ayala as a key asset.

New season is a piss take. Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea.. Wigan (a win!) and now Arsenal.

Had Twente in my first Europa Cup Group game. Was losing 0 - 2. Turned it around to 3 - 2. Then we concede to last minute goals at set pieces. Horrible. It was a weakened side for us too. So a win would have been sensational.

I hate this time of year. FM13 is probably about two months away so I can't start the new game that I really want to get into/make a diary out of without setting myself up for a "Argh new game versus old game DILEMMA" before too long. So I'm left dicking about on games I care not a jot about...usually at some point around mid-September of season one, because there's nothing like picking out a second-string Liverpool team for the first League Cup match to make you realise the futility of it all.

Especially when Luis Suarez is being a sulky douche-face. :shifty:

So, at the start of my game, Berba wasn't really in my plans, but as the season has gone on, he's played a few cup games and made one league appearance, scoring 4 in 4 games.

I quite like the man, so I'd like him to stay. His contract is up in 6 months, but however much I adjust my budget, I can't offer him the 56k p/w his agent is holding out for. Am I resigned to losing him?

As for my progress, I've won 14 and drawn 3 of my 19 games, but it's still only good enough for 3rd. I'm 6 back on Chelsea and 9 on City. They're flying.

I also got eliminated from the CL, as us, Juve, and Montpellier were tied on 10pts. Oh well, onto the Europa it is.

Up next is Birmingham in the FA Cup 3rd Round - a chance to give my new signings (Massadio Haidara and Lucas Digne) a run out.