EWBs Top 20 Rappers Of All Time Nomination Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Okay, so let's get this compiled. The rules are as follows; Vote for your top 10 favorite rappers, #1 on your list gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Hopefully voting for 10 guys isn't too much for some of you, and the reason we're only doing a Top 20 of all time is because i'm not sure how many guys on here are actually rap fans.

Once we get enough votes, i'll tally up the votes and make the results thread!

#1 - Lil Wayne Eh....gotta go with Nas'. (expect, "Oh no, but Tupac and B.I.G and Eazy-E." I'm sorry, but not No.1 in my books)

#2 - Eminem (Lyrically, the best?)

#3 - Tech N9NE - One of my all-time faves, dope

#4 - Proof (One of my all-time faves, amazing isn't the word)

#5 - Dr. Dre (Amazingness)

#6 - Yelawolf (Yeah, he may not be the 5th best of all time, whatever, I don't care. he's one of my favourite's, so he goes top 5)

#7 - Biggie (Best of the 90's)

#8 - Ghostface Killah

#9 - Masta Ace (Rarely find a song of his I dislike)

#10 - Necro (Yeah, lyrics are just....yeah. But this dude has a sick flow)

While making this list, I realised I don't listen to near enough KRS-ONE

Also, no Tupac? No Eazy-E? They get put on everybody's list, and are truly amazing rappers, but I've never been a big fan of either to be honest

Also realised I left out ALOT: Eg. Rakim, Big L, Method Man, Ice Cube, Andre 3000 (Dammit), Reakwon. All Top 20, possible top 10. I've really got to start listening to more of them

Edited by DJ Ice

#1 - Lil Wayne Eh....gotta go with Nas'. (expect, "Oh no, but Tupac and B.I.G and Eazy-E." I'm sorry, but not No.1 in my books)

#2 - Eminem (Lyrically, the best?)

#3 - Tech N9NE - One of my all-time faves, dope

#4 - Proof (One of my all-time faves, amazing isn't the word)

#5 - Nas (Amazingness)

#6 - Yelawolf (Yeah, he may not be the 5th best of all time, whatever, I don't care. he's one of my favourite's, so he goes top 5)

#7 - Biggie (Best of the 90's)

#8 - Ghostface Killah

#9 - Masta Ace (Rarely find a song of his I dislike)

#10 - Necro (Yeah, lyrics are just....yeah. But this dude has a sick flow)

While making this list, I realised I don't listen to near enough KRS-ONE

Also, no Tupac? No Eazy-E? They get put on everybody's list, and are truly amazing rappers, but I've never been a big fan of either to be honest

Also realised I left out ALOT: Eg. Rakim, Big L, Method Man, Ice Cube, Andre 3000 (Dammit), Reakwon. All Top 20, possible top 10. I've really got to start listening to more of them

I think you have Nas on your list twice, unless Lil Wayne is actually your first.

01) Nas

02) Eminem

03) Jay-Z

04) Jadakiss

05) Biggie

06) Immortal Technique

07) DMX

08) Dr. Dre

09) Ice Cube

10) Ghostface

Special mention to Stack Bundles. I would've put him first, but I doubt anybody else has ever even heard of him. It's a real hometown bias. He's from Far Rockaway, where I'm from. He was an incredible rapper, but a few years ago he got shot and killed.

1. Nas - Greatest of all time in my opinion.

2. Andre 3000 - Would have been Outkast if there were groups allowed. I really don't think 3000 gets the props he deserves when it comes to people listing their top 10's. One of the most consistently great rappers I've ever heard.

3. Pharoahe Monch - Another rapper I think is criminally underrated.

4. Ol' Dirty Bastard - There really isn't anyone else like him in the whole of hip hop.

5. Ghostface Killah - To this date, I've yet to hear a bad verse from Ghost.

6. Big L - The best puns in the business combined with a faultless flow.

7. Jay Electronica - Doesn't put out nearly as much music as he should (understatement of the year) but what he does make is brilliant. 'Exhibit C' remains the best hip hop song put out in a long, long time.

8. Jay Z - I haven't liked everything Jay has made but just one listen to Reasonable Doubt and there's no doubt in my mind that he is one of the most talented rappers ever.

9. Notorious B.I.G - If you need an explanation for this one, just hit up 'Juicy' on Youtube and you'll understand.

10. Lupe Fiasco - I can listen to a Lupe song 10 times and still not understand every little metaphor, simile or double entendre that he slips in. And it always sounds great on the surface level too.

Hopefully I can compile ten, shouldn't be too hard.

1. Eazy E

2. Busta Rhymes

3. Mr. Lif

4. Grandmaster Flash

5. Rakim

6. Ice Cube

7. Afrika Bambaata

8. Warren G

9. Kool Moe Dee

10. Ol Dirty Bastard

This was hard, because a few of my slots could have just gone to groups rather than individual rappers (Wu-Tang Clan, Run D.M.C., and the Beastie Boys).

1. Notorious B.I.G.

2. Jay Z

3. Royce Da 5'9"

4. Eminem

5. Los

6. Tupac

7. Kayne West

8. Currency

9. Nas

10. Fabolous

That looks about right to me. I obviously am overvaluing Los but I don't care one bit because he's awesome.

1. Notorious B.I.G.

2. Jay Z

3. Royce Da 5'9"

4. Eminem

5. Los

6. Tupac

7. Kayne West

8. Currency

9. Nas

10. Fabolous

That looks about right to me. I obviously am overvaluing Los but I don't care one bit because he's awesome.

I actually had Los on my list then realized I forgot Mos Def.

Big no no

1. Nas

2. Ghostface Killah

3. Jay-Z

4. B.I.G.

5. 2Pac

6. Scroobius Pip

7. GZA

8. Chuck D

9. Jadakiss

10. Immortal Technique

So hard.