Wrestling Manager?

Tyrone

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will this cost money?

Yes the game will have a price tag, we haven't fully decided what that will be yet but I can assure you that it will be worth it. As a company we have invested a ton of cash into this game and as many have expressed in this thread, the number of wrestling fans, willing to play a managers game who have an iOS device isn't huge so we are relying on those folks to support us in order for us to keep supporting the game with added features and content.

You'll be releasing a demo right? I would personally love to see more text based sports-simulators for iOS, especially wrestling, but I'd like to try it out before I commit money for it. Interface could be terrible and barely usuable, booking cards could be incredibly awkward, stuff like that you can't know without playing the game.

And jaywhyte is incredibly dumb. Don't listen to him. If I want to play a wrestling simulator on the PC, I'd play EWR/TEW. The mobile market for wrestling simulators is wide open, and I'm glad someone's trying to fill that niche.

Actually, he's the Sax Cop. When his shift is done at the precinct, he is known to play smooth jazz at the local blues bar.

• Like 2

A lot of people here don't seem to understand how the Phone App market has grown substantially over the last couple of years, and will only continue to. Go ask Doodle Jump or Angry Birds how well they are doing.

Fact is, PCs have an established wrestling sim in TEWR, getting a foot into that market is tricky, because why pay for this new thing when you've got the proven TEW there plus EWR and TEW05 for free? On a mobile phone though, there is no competition (at least not that I am aware of). Wrestling fans use smart phones too, this game will tap into that market.

My only advice to the developer is to make it as simple and streamlined as possible. Smart phones are a casual, go-to device so people need to be able to pick it up and put it down without anything getting in the way. Imagine a customer is playing the game at the bus stop, he closes the app when his bus pulls up and once he is sitting down he wants to continue the game exactly were he stopped a minute earlier, it is a convenience thing. I'm sure you've thought about this already, but I'd like to see you get this app off the ground.

Good luck to the creators of the game. There are a lot of people posting in this thread making it look like a pissing contest of who can trash the game more, but in all honesty, the iPhone market is huge and is potentially lucrative. If you guys are able to put a well crafted game out on the market and get some positive press, I'm sure you guys will have success. I will definitely give it a try in the future when it's released. Cheers.

• Like 3

It's an interesting idea but that's all it really is at the moment an idea.

I'm not sure our development team would agree with you. The game is almost complete, I'm playing it as I type this. I've just put one of my wrestlers up on the auction and I'm about to make my Wrestlezania card.

I say good luck to you and hope to see it released soon.

Thank you for your kind words.

You'll be releasing a demo right? I would personally love to see more text based sports-simulators for iOS, especially wrestling, but I'd like to try it out before I commit money for it. Interface could be terrible and barely usuable, booking cards could be incredibly awkward, stuff like that you can't know without playing the game.

And jaywhyte is incredibly dumb. Don't listen to him. If I want to play a wrestling simulator on the PC, I'd play EWR/TEW. The mobile market for wrestling simulators is wide open, and I'm glad someone's trying to fill that niche.

I can't confirm when or if a playable game demo will be out but I can say that there will be video's showing how easy it is to use the interface.

354645_orig.jpg

His name is Even Bigger Boss Man. :pervert:

That name might just make the game lol.

My only advice to the developer is to make it as simple and streamlined as possible. I'm sure you've thought about this already, but I'd like to see you get this app off the ground.

Thanks you. We have spent quite a bit of time streamlining the game but we have been careful not to dumb it down at the same time. Essentially you can pop in, run an event and pop out inside a minute if you want to. Or you can take your time and tweak a lot of things.

For example, there's an automate event button so if you really wanted you could launch an event in 3 clicks. Or there's an auto select feature inside the match, so you could pick the match type and the number of players in the match but if you don't want to go to the hassle of pairing everyone up, you can press auto and it will pick the wrestlers for you. Obviously these matches aren't going to be as good as you could make them if you take your time but odds are you would only need to tweak them slightly.

Or you can pick every minor detail and if Kayfabe mode is turned off you can even pick the winner of the matches and how they won (DQ/Pinfall/etc).

Oh and you can close the app and resume any time you want but beware, the auction is a live game auction and it will tick even if your phone is turned off. So if you have your eye on someone, you better make a bid you think you will win with.

pieland.png

Scouting the opposition?

We aren't Adam's opposition. His product is for the PC and we hope you continue to play that. Our product is for your phone and there's no reason you can't enjoy both. They have a very different style of gameplay. In fact, I'd love to hear from Adam and get his thoughts on our product so... if you are reading this please get in touch.

Good luck to the creators of the game. There are a lot of people posting in this thread making it look like a pissing contest of who can trash the game more, but in all honesty, the iPhone market is huge and is potentially lucrative. If you guys are able to put a well crafted game out on the market and get some positive press, I'm sure you guys will have success. I will definitely give it a try in the future when it's released. Cheers.

Thank's, I hope you end up loving it as much as we do.

As for the haters, well - if they have been let down so many times before, I can understand their reluctancy to believe me but hopefully when the game comes out - they will give it a try. I have to say, I don't think this will sell huge amounts of copies, I just think it's a cool game that proves we know how to make a good wrestling game.

Take care people.

Out of interest, have you made or been involved in any other apps/games before?

In 2008 I designed an extensive feature set for the Smackdown series that among other things allowed players to create stories using a system similar to the early GM Modes. The player would then upload his story (along with the rest of his creations) to a server so that others could download and play with his creations. In 2009, I expanded upon those basic features with a huge design document detailing features such as multiple path creation for the stories, Create A Match features and I talked in detail about how we could make it so that the goings on in story mode would actually impact the players whole game. Essentially bringing story mode, to exhibition.

In Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - Design a Story, Community Creations and several other features from my original designs were implemented into the series, then in Smackdown vs Raw 2011 players could create multiple paths in their stories and WWE Universe mode was launched. Essentially giving exhibition mode a story.

How close to the original designs were the implementation you ask? Here's 1 of dozens of examples I could show you.

http://www.box.net/s...tue4fjqoxumv62d

Granted the final implementation was a tiny bit watered down compared to my design but that's understandable because even THQ have a budget. (well that and they like to sell sequels)

Well good luck to you on this really, I can't say that I have ever really held much hope in a wrestling simulator since EWR came out, then again no one has really made a s serious effort since then.

Thanks. I've moved countries to make this happen. Hopefully that gives you an idea of the commitment I have to this project.

EDITED FOR SPELLING: -

Edited by Serious Parody

Coin-op is just the subforum for gaming overall.

I'm looking forward to this. I can't pass judgment until I actually play but it seems like a lot of time and work has gone into it.

Should be, at the least, a very playable game.

Also, the live auction idea is very intriguing.

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

Coin-op is just the subforum for gaming overall.

I'm looking forward to this. I can't pass judgment until I actually play but it seems like a lot of time and work has gone into it.

Should be, at the least, a very playable game.

Also, the live auction idea is very intriguing.

The auction part is one of my favourite aspects of the game. It was also one of the most challenging parts to make because we have a lot of info to show the player but not much room to show it.