The X Factor 2011

Lineker

• Admin

So, with Simon, Cheryl, and Dannii leaving the show and being replaced by Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland, and Tulisa Contostavlos (who? I have no idea), the search for the next big talent begins tonight.

ITV have confirmed that the final would take place on 10 and 11 December 2011 in Wembley Arena, instead of the usual Fountain Studios. Simon Cowell has stated that he will appear at the final (of course).

Bring back Wagner!!

Interesting to see what happens in terms of the judges, although Simon is the only one that could truly be missed. His ability to whip up an idiot storm for any controversy has been amazing. I don't watch Britain's Got Talent as that's too corny even for me, but they seem to be doing just fine without him there, so X-Factor should be fine.

I'm glad they've moved the grand final to Wembley Arena too. It made no sense for them to have auditions in front of thousands, and then the live show including final in front of hundreds.

Guest BK2010

Watched the first 10 minutes and switched it off, i'd like extra bland for my portion of reality television. Seriously all these (Big Bro, X-Factor etc) should have their own channel, least then thei might be something decent on.

ITV had Penn & Teller: Fool Us, which was awesome. Odd One In was good as well.

Yeah, I watched, nothing much to report. Mental Thai woman, some dick that sucked, a man slut, and Little Miss Gobshite. Everything else was same-old and forgettable.

I watched it - that Irish girl's voice was amazing, if a little "look at how sweet and innocent I am" at times.

And I like Gary Barlow a lot, in Simon's place. He hasn't really been harsh on anyone at all though, he just isn't afraid to speak his mind when someone is flat out shit and the others want to put them through.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone watch last night by the way? If you didn't, here's what you missed: fuck all.

Not true. We got some fat lass singing ...

... wait for it ...

... ADELE! It was so amazingly original it hurt.

And then ITV essentially said "If you are not crying at this fat lass singing Adele and her grandma in a wheelchair, you are a bad person!"