Games on Smartphones

BuddyAwesome

Baseball Superstars is awesome. I love that game. Didn't know about 2 though, so might have to pick that up now :P.

Also, is GameDev Story really that good? I've heard good things about it but thought it looked a bit...cluttered, maybe? It just looked like a graphic-ier version of GameBiz.

GameBiz is a lot more technical, but Game Dev Story is a fun time killer. I usually just play games on my phone when I'm bored at work, so it suits my needs.

That IGN Interview makes me Wish it´s already december.

GN: Does Star Command have a storyline? Is there a linear adventure to follow? Or is the experience more open-ended and gameplay-driven?

WB: Open-ended gameplay. We look at it like Oregon Trail – you make a lot of the story up in your head. There's a beginning and an end, but when that Science officer "Ilan Frankel" who has been with your crew since the very start has has a 96 rating gets killed, you're gonna be bummed, and there is really no story we can write to replace that. And the game will import your contact list, so the crewmembers will be your brothers, sisters, coworkers etc. They don't die of dysentery – they get their skin melted off by a Vivorian Spec Mule. Post that on facebook.

IGN: Previously, Star Command has been referred to as Game Dev Story meets Star Trek. It is now apparent that the game is much more, with oldschool XCom-style combat, RPG exploration, and more. I guess this isn't a question… hm. What is the "heart" of Star Command? Is it a sim? An RPG?

WB: Yeah – we never really argued with the Game Dev stuff cause it did get us attention – but the isometric view is really the only thing we have in common. X-Com and The Sims are far more influential.

When we were watching Star Trek we kept coming back to the these two elements we loved more than anything. First were the battles. Managing this crew, putting out fires (figuratively and literally) and making all these moving parts come together to survive against these strange enemies. The second are the relationships on the crew - all these different specialties thrown on the same ship working towards a common goal.

So at its soul, Star Command is a management game. When two guys are killed on your plasma cannon, do you pull your engineers repairing the hull and half-staff the weapons? Or do you fix that hull and try and get the hell out of there. If successful, the game will be a series of these quick decisions - and the crew that you work so hard to level up being the casualties. Taking that really high engineer and letting him go inside of a room on fire, probably dying, but preventing the shields from going down. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

At this rate they will meet their goal of 20000$ in a cupple of days!

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

If you ever liked "pick your own story" books and like civilisation "King of the Dragon pass" is the game for you.

It´s a bit harsh in the beginning since it´s one of the games that requires you to look at the manual every now and than (beyond the tutorial it gives you on your first play)... but once you start figuring things out it´s absolutly amazing. Fully worth the high price. (i think the high price is good so they only get people that care enough, if this was soled for 3€ they would get a ton of one star reviews by people that don´t invest enough time to get it)

Touch Arcade Review

http://toucharcade.com/2011/09/08/king-of-dragon-pass-review/

So, since getting Baseball Superstars 2, I haven't played ANY other games. Like...seriously! But damn, after the first season (I was rookie MVP, won all the awards, made the allstar team), it gets hard :(

It just got easier for me, to the point where I win every award every year. I'm scared that I am getting close to hitting NOTHING but home runs.

• 1 month later...

Ruki dos not wash himself very often, and in real news, a new Kairosoft game just hoped on the AppStore yesterday.

OH! EDO TOWNS!

The sim city clone people already talked about for some time now. It´s priced at the usual Kairosoft Price.

Did anyone play their Pocked League Soccer game on Android yet? Thats been out for a while i think.

Ruki dos not wash himself very often, and in real news, a new Kairosoft game just hoped on the AppStore yesterday.

OH! EDO TOWNS!

The sim city clone people already talked about for some time now. It´s priced at the usual Kairosoft Price.

Did anyone play their Pocked League Soccer game on Android yet? Thats been out for a while i think.

Ummm.....what? :/

And I have Pocket League Story....you get to a point where everything is too easy. I have two forwards with their kick stat over 950.