EWBFL 12 (Online Madden League)

DYSI

I should of grabbed some clips, I totally forgot. (N) But I turned off my X-Box afterwards saying, "You're a son of a bitch, Maxx..." -_- It was a really good game. I don't know of you heard me. But I got on my mic and tried to apologize for kicking out of bounds on kickoffs. I really wasn't trying too.

Maxx definitely had to earn that win. That's all I got to say. (Y)

Oh I assumed you weren't trying to kick it out of bounds, that'd make no sense.

That punt fumble pissed me off because it wouldn't let me fair catch. I grabbed a highlight of that and the Williams swat TD.

I think I'm the only person who starts out with 3 user games. I'm fairly sure 4 of my first 5 are user games now that Dragsy has joined.

I just couldn't get the timing down on the kickoffs playing online.

If I could of grabbed one highlight. I'd say the run by Jahvid Best, straight up the middle, for a 59 yard TD. Don't even remind me about the swat for a TD. Less interceptions would of been nice too. (N)

Stephen Tulloch is also injured for 2 Weeks with a Broken Jaw.

It'll end up being 1 Week after the current week gets simmed. So that's nice.

Edited by Disturbed

Alright just doing my game now. Yay it's in the rain <_<

I'll do a game update while i'm playing:

1st quarter: 6:54 left- 3-0 Steelers- Threw an interception, but managed to restrict them to a 40yd field goal

Missed a 34 yard field goal :crying:

End of 1st quarter: 3-0 Steelers

====================================

2nd quarter: 5:46 left- 6-0 Steelers- Again similar situation happened, They threw an interception but then straight away I did, they were 1st and goal but managed to get 2 vital tackles when they went to run it in and then Johnson dropped the catch on 3rd and goal

Great....Lost Bodin to injury for the rest of the season possibly, Torn a pectoral muscle :(

3:36 left- 7-6 Ravens- Some great passes made, one where Bodin got about 20/25 yards on only to get injured. Ray Rice scores a touchdown with a 28 yard run and Cundiff kicks for the extra point

Amazing, Steelers had a field goal with about 18 seconds left in the half, team blocks it.

End of 2nd quarter/1st half: 7-6 Ravens

====================================

3rd quarter: 3:44 left- 14-6 Ravens- Rice went to run on 1st down but got hit for a loss, picked up a minor injury so decided to go with the PA Pass, found Dickson in space who ran for an 83rd pass touchdown, Cundiff converts the extra point.

2:57 left- 21-6 Ravnes- Mendenhall ran right into the blitz and fumbled the ball, Williams ran for 15 yards setting Flacco up to throw to Stupar for a 10 yard pass, Cundiff converted the extra point

End of 3rd quarter: 21-6 Ravens

=================================

4th quarter: 3:40 left- 28-6 Ravens- Several short passes of about 5 yards and short runs led to 1st and goal, Rice found a hole in the middle for the 10 yard run and the touchdown, Cundiff converts the extra point pretty much game over now.

Yeh i'm shit at fieldgoals I have learnt on this game....Gotta get used to aiming, I can get the timing right just keep hitting everything just wide :(

0:33 left- 28-12 Ravens- Steelers threw several passes deep down the field and was rushing the plays. Roethlisberger threw a 34 yard pass for Cotchery, but they failed with the 2 point conversion. Cheap bastards as well, My team were running back to get in position and they threw it so half of them were blatently offside

================================

Finished 28-12 a good result but just a shame Bodin got injured, Ed Reed got player of the game with 5 tackles and two interceptions good performance. Hopefully my kicking for field goals will become better cause I threw away an extra 6 points that match by kicking wide.

Edited by davidmarrio

I'm not going to lie. I giggled everytime he said "Bodin" instead of Boldin. :shifty: But that does really suck man. You still have some depth at WR with Lee Evans and Torrey Smith though. I'm not sure who else you have off the top of my head, but you're not completely down and out. (Y)

Just imagine if you were Carolina, and Steve Smith went down. Then you'd be fucked.

As an example, I used Carolina last year for the EWB Madden league. Steve Smith broke his arm blocking on a screen pass. That sucked.

Edited by Disturbed

Just want to make sure everyone re-reads the rules.

I'd thought I'd post sign-ups now to get things ready for when the game actually comes out so we don't have to wait too long for things to go down. Credit Drags for the rules and such.

Settings

All-Pro, 8 minute quarters

CPU Trading Allowed

5-Day Game Deadline

Transaction Rules

Free Agents: Since free agents will immediately sign with anyone who picks them up from player management, we're going to try and introduce an element of fairness. If you want a free agent, PM me Subject: FA Request), and if I field no other requests by the time the current game week rolls over, you'll be granted permission to pick them up. One request per week (barring injury crisis).

Trades: You are free to work out trades with other human-controlled teams, but I would appreciate a heads-up before you go through with the trade. All CPU trades must be posted in this thread and will be approved by the league and myself. Basically, don't try and think you're going to pull one over on us.

The Falcons traded R. Bush, C. Matthews to the Cardinals for S. Bradley

With that said, I'm going to give UltraMantis a chance to re-trade his players back and if he really thinks it's a fair deal (which it isn't), he can post it in here for approval.

Now onto approved Free Agent additions.

WR Terrell Owens - Tampa Bay (Maxx)

CB Kelvin Hayden - Detroit (Disturbed)

MLB Lofu Tatupu - Philadelphia (DYSI)

WR Antwaan Randle El - Baltimore (davidmarrio)

Make sure you sign them yourselves before your game and edit your depth charts. (Y)

Week 2 [Deadline: Wednesday, September 14th, 5 PM EST]

Chiefs @ Lions (Disturbed)

Raiders @ Bills (Tyler)

Ravens (daivdmarrio) @ Titans

Buccaneers (Maxx) @Vikings (mystkiz) -- **USER V. USER MATCHUP**

Texans (Drags) @ Dolphins

Eagles (DYSI) @ Falcons (UltraMantis) -- **USER V. USER MATCHUP**

Good luck.

--

UltraMantis - Once you re-do your trade, let me know when you're ready for our game. What time zone are you? I'm EST.

Good game Mystikz.

Proposed a trade, RT Jeremy Trueblood(74) to the Texans for RB Steve Slaton(73) Back up tackle for their 3rd string RB, but my RBs are severely lacking in the speed department.

yeah, good game. I think my defense was so tired by the end they were going to pass out. I think you were 7/9 on third down. then my only 2nd half score was 1 play so that didn't help my D get any rest.

I don't know what I was thinking on that 4th down. I didn't have any confidence in my defense at that point, and knew if I didn't convert it was over but that punt fake was a terrible idea. I should have just took my chances with Peterson.

Good game Mystikz.

Proposed a trade, RT Jeremy Trueblood(74) to the Texans for RB Steve Slaton(73) Back up tackle for their 3rd string RB, but my RBs are severely lacking in the speed department.

Seems fair to me. (Y)

Shit I was going to say something, I would like my players back after review and I'm GMT time.. so sometime over the weekend would be best, maybe today?

I've re-proposed the trade, getting my old guys back, sorry about that dudes!

As far as I see you didn't re-do the trade. Just go back on 360 and trade Bradley back for the two guys you dealt him for, then post the trade in here and we'll discuss it. After you do that, I'll be available today but not tomorrow. I'll try to be on around 2 PM EST which is 7 PM EST for you? I think you're 5 hours ahead, right?

Finished beating the Falcons 44-34, defense stepped up big time with seven turnovers. Struggled with Vick until he got banged up and Young came in the game, oddly enough I played better with him. Aside from the defense, McCoy had a big game for our offense and DeSean Jackson returned the opening kick off plus another one for good measure.

Just to mention, not sure if Manis is a fan of the american football game considering he's from England or what have you, but he played the game like a gamer and not like how I want the game played in EWBFL. Going for it on fourth down when you're backed up in your own territory, going for two when it's not called for, and onside kicking with plenty of time left in the game is not the type of game play that I'm looking for. I don't mind a fourth down call when you're just a bit out of FG range or something like that, but going for it just to go for it is horrible gameplay and I'm hoping it's not going to carry on.

Anywho, here's a couple of kickoff returns and some excellent defense to gaze upon. (H)

TD; 66yd kick by M. Bosher. D. Jackson return 99yds

TD; 68yd kick by M. Bosher. D. Jackson return 99yds

INT; M. Ryan intercepted by A. Samuel

FUM-TD; recovered by PHI A. Dixon

Edited by Do You Smell It?

Oh so he plays like a twat? Good to know for next week.

Also, it really blows that the highlights I uploaded from the end of my game Vs Disturbed never showed up, that was some crazy shit. I was up by 3 in the 4th, minute left, I stop him, it's 4th & 2 and he surprises me by punting. So I'm out of position for a punt return and can't fair catch, so I fumble it, he recovers it, runs it in for a TD.

Now I'm down by 4, 40 seconds left, and I let loose a 60 yard bomb to Mike Williams, defender swats it away, but Williams turns around and catches it in the endzone for the win.