If another version of EWR were to come out...

King.

A feature that was implemented in TEW10 (And perhaps previous version too). Talent Exchange (Meaning you should also take TEW's concept of promotion pacts). I would absoutely love the option of lending another promotion several of my wrestlers in return for some of there's. This would be ESPECIALLY useful for a multiplayer game.

I would personally love to be able to promote matches before the event. Like advanced booking in tew

You will be able to promote any match and certain angles well in advance. Angles will include contract signings, debuts, interviews, etc.

Yeah, when running Regional promotion you can add some type of contract that stops the workers to be taken away from WWE so fast. Like I start a DGUSA game and BxB Hulk is taken by TNA like after 3 Days. You should give Indy promotions more chance to breakthrough the bigger promotions. Because now, you get bigger, workers get over and get taken away very fast from WWE and TNA. And you can make something that stops WWE from releasing half its roster after 1 Day. This always happen when playing with TNA or any other promotion besides WWE. It looks like WWE just don`t like their workers.:lol:

What have you actually done so far? You've got some fancy concept art, and you're talking about what you're "doing" or planning on doing - what have you actually got done? Because before we know what kind of a framework you're working within, it seems a bit of a jump to assume that people can start telling you everything they would want to see in your game.

There have been a thousand attempts to make an EWR-beating wrestling sim, and nine hundred and ninety nine of them have never amounted to anything or, at most, a hilariously basic, broken piece of programming. Pretty concept art and a lot of talk isn't going to convince me that this is likely to be anything different - especially not when your opening explanation claimed that you were using the EWR source code, which is entirely untrue. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Prove that there's going to be even the most remote chance that this might amount to something, and maybe then I'll be interested.

What have you actually done so far? You've got some fancy concept art, and you're talking about what you're "doing" or planning on doing - what have you actually got done? Because before we know what kind of a framework you're working within, it seems a bit of a jump to assume that people can start telling you everything they would want to see in your game.

There have been a thousand attempts to make an EWR-beating wrestling sim, and nine hundred and ninety nine of them have never amounted to anything or, at most, a hilariously basic, broken piece of programming. Pretty concept art and a lot of talk isn't going to convince me that this is likely to be anything different - especially not when your opening explanation claimed that you were using the EWR source code, which is entirely untrue. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Prove that there's going to be even the most remote chance that this might amount to something, and maybe then I'll be interested.

You just made me re-download Pro Wrestling Nexus.

EDIT: And my first simmed match, Bryan Danielson vs. HHH, ended in 6 minutes when Triple H KO'ed Bryan with a Pedigree.

Edited by TenaciousG

Sounds awesome as I still play EWR and have been waiting for someone to continue the EWR series as TEW is too complex!

Goodluck and I wait with anticipation for the release date....btw have you got a website running for the game?? if not pm me and I would be glad to help and give you more details.

I have two suggestions how about when booking a match have an option where the computer can choose the winner of the match, cause thats one thing that got me with Adams EWR series the player had to choose a winner.....now this idea comes from Adams EWD game where the computer always chose the winner...so maybe you could incorporate that into this game.

Also a editor that can edit a live game that your playing, just incase you need to change anything, altho Arsenics editor has helped me loads in EWR it would be nice to see an editor of that sorts in this game?

Edited by DarksideDemon

Can't say I'm interested. If it was an update to EWR, with a few things I dislike about it fixed, then I would've been interested. As it stands, EWR suits my "quick play" needs, and if I can be arsed/ever get the time, TEW10 suits my "more detailed" needs. So something that's sort of like EWR but not doesn't make me take notice I'm afraid.

Edited by Cold Cobra

Another couple of notes to add

- I for one would like the option to book house shows - admittedly not everyone will want to do this so there should be an option to turn this feature on or off.

- Realistic TV ratings are a must

- It would be interesting to see other things affect the business such as the rise of UFC or Monday Night Football returning

- Perhaps the ability to focus on a particular stat when a worker is in development such as Technical ability or brawling to give an even number of brawlers and technicians on the roster

- Like I mentioned previously allow other companies the ability to approach the superstars you have on your written deals to try and steal talent away. It's real and it makes the game more of a challenge currently you can sign whoever you like from your rivals but they cannot steal yours which is unrealistic.

-Talent sharing is a good idea from the major promotions such as WWE/TNA/Roh to smaller promotions in return for financial incentives, the major promotions makes back the wages of said worker and the smaller promotion has a lease on a superstar for a couple shows in order to bring in fans to their product and anyone the major company wants in return for a couple shows to test out they can do so.

- There should be an option where superstars who are getting past their prime to become semi active meaning you can only use them for x amount of shows rather than just retire and it would also be an interesting idea to have retired wrestlers given the option to have a one off match on a show or PPV for big money as a one off deal without a contract on the table (Yes I know you can book non-wrestlers on PPVs under a contract already on EWR) but this would be seen as a big deal depending on the overness of the talent.

- I've always liked the concept of having a feature where you can interact with creative (other than just sophie on EWR) where they will discuss the pushes of the current superstars and get ideas on who might be worth signing perhaps like a roundtable with images of those on creative. You'd click on said creative member and they'd give you their advice. Yeah I know there is something similar on TEW.

- It would also be good on this game like on TEW where you can select the venues for shows so for argument sake if you're a small promotion you're not going to be selecting MSG as you won't have the capital nor the star power in order to fill the arena.

Nothing else comes to mind at present but I'll have a think.

Hopefully this pans out. I am too picky that things are never right in my TEW games but EWR isn't realistic enough, so I can't play it. :S I had an idea before that there could be two sets of stats (on the same screen, just one on the left and one on the right side). One would be Kayfabe Stats (more general athletic skills) and one would be Wrestling Stats (actual wrestling ability).

I quickly drummed up what I would like the backstage area to look like.

Announcers

• Event Announcers

• Language Announcers

• Ring Announcers

• Television Announcers

Booking

• Advanced Booking

• Schedule

• Storylines

Championships

• Current Champions

• Title History

Corporate

• Backstage

• Business

• Event History

• Size

Roster

• Injuries

• Singles

• Tag Teams

• Stables

• Off Screen Staff

• On Screen Staff

I also had this in mind for workers, which is basically EWR with my wished stats and better birthdate makers.

• Name

• Birth Date and Debut Date

• Nationality and Race

• Weight Class

Kayfabe Stats

• Overness (Drawing Ability)

• Strength

• Agility

• Submissions

• Microphone

Realistic Stats

• Brawling

• Aerial

• Matwork

• Charisma (Crowd Interactions)

Finishing Moves

• Move (Pinfall, Submission, etc.)

• Secondary Move (Pinfall, Submission, etc.)

Obviously something would need to be added about behaviour and what not, but I think that would be a good start.

I'd preferably like overness split up like TEW, but maybe not so many locations (ie: Just Western Canada, Eastern Canada, North East, South East, North West, South West, North Central, South Central for Canada and USA).

Oh my god, you already made it more complicated than TEW is. What - Language Announcers? Really?

I see no need for language announcers. By all means hire foreign speaking announcers but they don't ever actually commentate in the match so what difference does it make?

Obviously not everything would have to be inlcuded, just what I wanted.

I like the idea of hiring foreign announcers as your television show expands worldwide. Not for everyone, apparently ;)

I think language announcers are a good idea if your show is broadcasting in foreign countries

Wow....... The last page worh of suggestion (while some would be interesting I'll admit) should be in the TEW forum. I mean really guys, you are blantantly asking for features that are in TEW while saying I don't want another TEW game. The perfect mix for this game is EWR but a few tweaks to make it a little bit more interesting, but really language announcer, two sets of stats (which I still don't get), selecting venues, etc.... It's too much. Rather than a newer and "better" version of EWR you are asking him to make a newer and worse version of TEW.

Suggestions are cool, but you took his point and goal and brought it straight to what Adam did with TEW (thus the purpose of the new series). Not trying to be rude but come on...

EDIT

I do want to add one little tweak though about retirement... wrestlers that retire should be able to become any type of staff. A lot of them can be involved in commentary, trainers, referees, production, ring announcers, medical (a lot of them have fitness background and could help with rehabs, etc.; it is not out of the realm of possibility), etc.

You could actually add a little more depth to staff. Its one thing that really bothers me in EWR.

First, I would say they should all have these base stats.

- Overness

- Charisma

- Behavior

- Attitude

Staff should be able to be used in certain angles (ie. Interview angles, or even as on-air authorities). They should NEVER be able to wrestle though... So Vince McMahon for example would be a non-wrestler, Linda McMahon would be a Staff member.

There should be categories of staff, then stats within each category. This way the staff can chose to jump to another category if they want (ie. JR stopping commentary to work as an agent backstage). I would have 4 categories BROADCASTING; PRODUCTION; OFFICE; OTHER. Each category has a different set of stats / roles that they could be used in; the staff have their category, can choose to change categories if they are not under contract or request if they are; or you can make them an offer to switch.

For BROADCASTING

** This staff member can be used on screen as part of the broadcasting team & for DVD releases and advertising purposes.

- Commentary

- Color Commentary

- Ring Announcing

- Interviewing

For PRODUCTION

** This staff help the show go on without a hitch

- Road Agent

- Referee

- Writer

For OFFICE

- Owner

- Booker

- Talent Relations

For OTHER

- Trainer

- Medical

Here some examples of what their stats would look like.

Jim Ross - Broadcasting

- Commentary: 90

- Color: 70

- Ring Announcer: 30

- Interviewer: 70

Mike Chioda - Production

- Road Agent: 40

- Referee: 85

- Writer: 15

Dixie Carter - Office

- Owner: 70

- Booker: 40

- Talent Relations: 65

Dory Funk Jr. - Other

- Trainer: 90

- Medical: 25

So yeah.... I know it SEEMS like a lot (and kinda feel like a hypocrite... I'll admit it), but I don't think it really is. Its just a lot more information about a basic thing, like staff.

On the other hand, I just got to thinking for the roster... Can have 3 categories on the roster page?

Wrestlers

** They are here to wrestle, anytime.

- Main Eventers

- Upper Midcard

- Midcard

- Lower Midcard

- Opener

- Jobber

- Developmental

Non-Wrestlers

** These guys are primarily there as added personalities to the shows. Their contracts will dictate how often they can wrestle a year (maximum) and when (ie. 5 dates, anytime; 2 date, only PPV; 18 date, only House Shows; etc.)

- Authority Figures

- Personalities

- Managers

Staff

** They primarily work backstage but can occasionally be used during certain angles.

- All the roles listed above.

Sorry I got to typing and it kept coming... Just a suggestion (few) and I promise not to be heartbroken if it makes the game too complicated and thus cannot be implemented...

Edited by arwrestling
  • Like 1

Wow....... The last page worh of suggestion (while some would be interesting I'll admit) should be in the TEW forum. I mean really guys, you are blantantly asking for features that are in TEW while saying I don't want another TEW game. The perfect mix for this game is EWR but a few tweaks to make it a little bit more interesting, but really language announcer, two sets of stats (which I still don't get), selecting venues, etc.... It's too much. Rather than a newer and "better" version of EWR you are asking him to make a newer and worse version of TEW.

Suggestions are cool, but you took his point and goal and brought it straight to what Adam did with TEW (thus the purpose of the new series). Not trying to be rude but come on...

I have to agree. Keep in mind the casual player guys. Most of the suggestions are good suggestions, but some of you guys are asking for extremely specific and time consuming things.