Can you play with other people around?

TKz

I'm alright playing with friends, GTA, Red Dead, Fallout etc. but I can't play anything with my Dad in the room.

When I'm playing CoD for example, he'll try to tell me which way to go, what gun, how to play properly and it's just so annyoing. Especially seeing how the only game he's ever played is Harry Potter 2.

Depends on the game for me. If I'm multiplayer on RDR and people are talking to me I have to mute my mic so I can respond to them to avoid confusion, which is a bit irksome (especially in Undead Nightmare where communication with other players is key to surviving past Wave 13 or so). And if I'm playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero and I'm playing a particularly hard song (like Painkiller) it can make me lose my focus if someone is asking me something. Single player games, OTOH, I don't mind so long as I have subtitles so I don't miss anything in cutscenes and such.

If it's a game like Grand Theft Auto, RDR or Assassin's Creed, I am perfectly fine with having other people round watching me. This is because when playing these games, we operate on a rotation thing. For example, one time I had three friends round and we all went on GTA IV Multiplayer. Whenever one of us died, it would go to the next person along until they died, then they would swap. All of us were able to get involved, and it was a fun experience.

Really? When I was playing Red Dead Redemption, if someone played my save I considered killing them with a fork... Although Fallout was a very different situation, it was only fun in a social situation.

I can't stand playing games such as Football Manager in front of my girlfriend because its obviously a very highly emotive game... and she doesn't like me screaming obscenities at lights and pixels.

Edited by Mj3