Best Sitcoms

contador9

Classic Simpsons, Arrested Development, I'm Alan Partridge, The Thick of It, Peep Show, Fawlty Towers and Blackadder.

That's about it for sitcoms that I really like. I do like some of the other classic British sitcoms like Dad's Army and Open all Hours, but ultimately I can take them or leave them - the list above contains my favourites.

Friends is a weird one for me - I watched every new episode religiously when they aired, always enjoyed the show; and yet after watching the last ever episode I haven't watched a single second of Friends since and don't have much inclination to.

Ah, this thread has reminded me of 'Allo 'Allo. Used to find it hysterical as a kid, not sure how it'd hold up now. Likewise Goodnight Sweetheart. Used to really like it when it first started, but I remember the last series in particular being abysmal (the one with all the time portals opening up all over the place) and I don't think I want to find out if it still holds up all not.

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama

Hands down - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Expertly crafted characters, hilarious as it comes, storylines that actually end up arcing and going somewhere, I could pretty much go on forever about that show. Along with The Simpsons, Adventure Time, etc. it's just one of those shows that I can watch time and time again.

• Like 1

Red Dwarf is the funniest shit I've ever watched.

I was the HUGEST Red Dwarf fan (especially up to series 6) for a long time. However it's aged pretty badly for me.

Now the books...the books are still fantastic. Red Dwarf, Better Than Life, Last Human and Backwards. Try and hunt those books down. They're written by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor and they're brilliant.