2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Part of me wishes we'd trade Cutler for some picks (to use on OL) and tank the season if it means getting Luck. Cutler is going to be murdered this weekend, and I don't see our OL improving much with Gabe Camiri being out for possibly weeks. Optimistic X lasted up until the 2nd week, back to the same old Chicago Bears. crying.gif

You do realize that you wouldn't be able to get much help by trading Cutler considering he's probably two games and another 15 sacks shy of just retiring on the field right?

:shifty:

On a more serious note, you're not going to flip Cutler and a tanked season for Luck and an O-Line that doesn't leak like a sieve when the Chiefs may lose every game this year by 30 points.

Edited by naiwf

I know, it's Madden like thinking. I really hope that this is the final season of Lovie and Angelo, though the likelihood of us hiring a GM and head coach who would do anything is significantly non-existent because of the McCaskeys. I'd be surprised if Cutler is still on the team 2 years from now, as he has to be sore as shit from all the hits he's taken since being here.

You want to trade Cutler, to draft Luck, only for him to get murdered next year? Cutler is a fine quarterback if he's not being molested everytime he drops back.

Must've missed the "for picks to use on OL" part.

No, I didn't. My point was more of "You don't need Luck." Cutler needs luck if he's going to survive the year, though.

• Like 2

Fuck the NFL and their broadcasting rules..I want to see the Buccaneers play the Falcons this Sunday but the game is being blacked out because it wasn't a sell out..WTF. Last time I checked the Tampa Bay Rays don't sell out all of their games but the fuckers are televised all the time. I don't give to flying fucks about seeing Green Bay vs.. Chicago. I want to see my local teams...Anybody know the number to NFL Headquarters?

Fuck the NFL and their broadcasting rules..I want to see the Buccaneers play the Falcons this Sunday but the game is being blacked out because it wasn't a sell out..WTF. Last time I checked the Tampa Bay Rays don't sell out all of their games but the fuckers are televised all the time. I don't give to flying fucks about seeing Green Bay vs.. Chicago. I want to see my local teams...Anybody know the number to NFL Headquarters?

They're never going to change those rules. If they did, then fans wouldn't go to see horrible teams play and wouldn't suffer the consequences. Generally, the team will buy out the remaining tickets towards the end of the week and then just give them away because having a blackout is just going to alienate the people who can't afford to go to the games in the first place. It's a weird cycle in that the tickets need to be sold to get on TV, but without a TV audience no one would support the teams that are struggling to sell out in the first place.

You want to trade Cutler, to draft Luck, only for him to get murdered next year? Cutler is a fine quarterback if he's not being molested everytime he drops back.

Five sacks in the 4th on Sunday was brutal for him as well. O-Line wasn't too bad up until then and it was more the blitzing that did the Bears over, as well as the receivers inability to get free quick enough for Cutler to unload the ball. Sure, the line isn't perfect but the blame doesn't fall firmly on their shoulders. The Bears have a bunch of areas they need to improve upon if they want to put points on the board every week, especially against blitz happy defenses.

On that note, I just booked tickets for the Wembley game. I'm pumped, poor game or not, I'm glad of the chance to catch the Bears in person. (Y)

On that note, I just booked tickets for the Wembley game. I'm pumped, poor game or not, I'm glad of the chance to catch the Bears in person. (Y)

I'm going again this year and we decided to splash out on the lower sideline tickets this time around. It's a little pricey but hopefully it'll be worth with two decentish teams this year.

Anyone wanna take guesses as to how long Tony Romo stays in the game Monday night against a Redskins' team claiming they are aiming for his ribs?

Not to mention the fact the Felix Jones, Miles Austin AND Dez Bryant could all be on the bench as well.

The whole game unless he's physically unable to play. It's not like they have to aim for his ribs, that's right around where he'll get hit normally and it's going to hurt like regardless.

Anyone wanna take guesses as to how long Tony Romo stays in the game Monday night against a Redskins' team claiming they are aiming for his ribs?

Longer than Vick lasts against the Giants :shifty: I wonder if anyone on the 'D' will try to take a cheap shot at his head knowing that he just had a concussion last week.