2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Not so much anymore, the Lions real D has showed up for the second half. Shitty tackling, no pass rush, every receiver is wide open, and the running game moving at will against our front four.

By the way, anybody that says the Lions front four is the strength of the team is full of shit. The front four is fucking overrated, completely and utterly overrated.

• Like 1

If I was Lions coach I'd fire the rest of the WR corps, hire a fuck load of offensive linemen and just have Stafford throw to Megatron every play.

Fuck it, I'd put him in the D too, he'd catch one of these easy interception opportunities.

That would be stupid, the Lions WR corp is just fine.

The defense is the fucking problem, not the WR corps.

I wasn't being serious, joking about the play when he was in coverage by 3 guys, you hardly need anyone else.

No question. We can't rely on the offense all freaking day, the Saints have not punted once in this game. That is horrible defensively that you can't cause a team to punt even once this long into the game. Sure they forced two fumbles, but it's almost dumb luck with the way the tackling has gone, not too mention that Drew Brees has a guy wide open on every play. This is fucking disappointing.

Christ, I know the Saints are a great team, but christ do I hate to see us let them set post season records.

Either way, I like our future. I think the offense can compete with anybody though the running game needs work, and we could use a new body or two on the offensive line. On the other hand, the defense needs a whole lot of help. The secondary is really bad, the linebackers with the exception of Tulloch can't tackle, and the D-Line is completely overrated. Not only that, it's probably time to let Gunther Cunningham go and get a different scheme in town. They really need to emphasize defense this off-season (gee, don't I sound like a broken record?).

Could be worse though, having Stafford and Calvin should keep us in games for years to come. Just need to figure out how to not let teams run up hundreds of yards on us.