2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I look forward to the Bears taking another shot at it at the end of the year now the line's improved and Martz isn't quite so averse to running the ball. Not saying it'll happen, but there's a better chance, especially if you factor in the motivation of playing spoiler to your most hated rival.

Speaking of the line, Chris Williams has been placed on IR, but I can't for the life of me remember where he was plugged in or if Carimi's back yet to take his place.

The only reason I would say the Packers won't run the table is I don't think any team is capable of winning the last 6 games of one season and then 19 straight the following season. The year before the Pats came close they lost in week 14 and the playoffs. Winning 25 straight games, including the postseason, just seems unlikely.

At this point a couple of years ago, many were speculating The Colts and The Saints were going to go 16-0 and neither team ended up doing it. It may come to the point where the coach could want them to rest and start putting in 2nd string in the last couple of games to rest the star players or simply they have a bad game, which happens to the best of them. A 16-0 season hasn't happened much for a reason.

The Packers are also yet to face The Lions this year. While surely not a power-house team and have been weak as of late, they could be the ones to catch them off-guard.

Edited by Universal

Packers are staying healthy so far but the depth they had last year that let them plug all the holes from injury is gone thanks to the return of the cap. They could be another example of why you want to finish strong and not start strong, I remember the 10 Patriots, 07 Patriots, 06 Ravens, 06 Chargers, 05 Colts, 99 Jaguars, and 98 Vikings either look like they were going to go undefeated or at least cruise to the Super Bowl once they were rolling along. None of those teams won the Super Bowl and only 1 of them actually reached the game.

Still a lot of season left.

Aside from being a first round pick (that, really only McDumbass thought he was) how is Tebow 'overrated'? Everybody bashes him constantly. I don't think I've ever heard anyone give him kudos on his quarterbacking skills, let alone enough people to consider him overrated.

There has been more talk devoted to Tebow this NFL season than Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers is arguably having the greatest season an NFL QB has ever had. They may be talking about how much Tebow does or does not suck, but he's the most overrated average player in the history of pro sports. The only person who gets their intangibles talked about this much is Jeter and at least Jeter is a 1st ballot HOFer with 3,000+ hits. If he was a .250 hitter for the Padres, then he'd be Tim Tebow.

• Like 2

Just because he's talked about a lot doesn't mean he's overrated. You mean he's overhyped...

In terms of intangibles, clutchiness, leadership of men, will to win etc. he's overrated. I think I could possibly complete 1 pass in an NFL game, that makes me half a Tebow :shifty:

• Like 1

Ah, ok. Well, those things are more subjective, so I can't disagree with you. I was just confused on how you could call him an overrated quarterback when everybody and their mothers probably considers him the worst in the league, maybe even including back-ups. Maybe even including Curtis "Cut your hair, you're too damn ugly to have beautiful locks" Painter. :o