2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

I'd like to thank KC for doing their part to help out YOUR Oakland Raiders. A bye week, and the Tebow's coming to town? I smell 5-3, and first place in the AFC West.

I :wub: you Meacon.

(H)

I was coming in to say good game, actually. Gracious in defeat. I mean, someone in this fanbase needs to be.

I demand a picture of you Tebowing, Meac.

• Like 1

But hey, they won the game so this is all just sour grapes right?

Considering we know exactly how you'd react if the situation had been reversed (i.e. obnoxiously enough to make me pray even harder for a meteor to hit Pittsburgh), yes.

Yeah you don't know exactly how I would react because I haven't reacted strongly to any Steelers win on here this season.

But if you'd like to think that you know me, that's cool.

Celebrating an emotional win with emotion, when everyone in Baltimore criticizes the coaching and QB for being way too unemotional and "robotic" is perfectly fine by me. I'd like to see it more in the NFL, which is quickly descending into the No Fun League.

Don't you think that maybe they should save the celebration for when they actually accomplish something though? I'm interested in how Ravens fans feel about this because I know if this was the Steelers who acted like that, I'd be a bit embarrassed and a bit worried that maybe the team has it's priorities wrong.

The second regular season sweep in franchise history of your biggest rival is an accomplishment. There's three things on the Raens 2011 checklist and one of them just got marked off.

If the Steelers were beaten repeatedly in close games for years and years their players would react the same way.

We are lucky as NFL fans to have a rivalry elicit this type of reaction from the winning team.

• Like 2

Jay Cutler was sacked 0 times against the Eagles.

Jay Cutler was sacked 0 times against the Eagles.

JAY CUTLER WAS NOT OFFICIALLY CONTACTED IN THE GAME AGAINST THE EAGLES.

Where the fuck did this offensive line come from?

One name. Lance Louis. The guy straight up dominated anybody sent at him. Sure, the rest of the line had to do some work but Louis was an absolute beast. I'm pretty sure they only let one sack against the Bucs as well? Because I remember thinking 'wow, we got to the third quarter before allowing a sack!'.

Edited by Pepsi Twist

Someone must have bribed Mike Martz into running the ball. Bears line looks like it's staying together and working well right now too. Packers will run away with the division, but Bears and Lions look like they could be front and center in the dogfight for the NFC Wild Card spots.

In other news Ryan Clark, Ray Lewis, and James Harrison will all be getting fined for helmet-to-helmet hits from this weekend. None of the hits were particularly dirty, the Clark hit especially just happened to wind up with the helmets making contact. I believe it was the only one of these hits which ended up drawing a flag too.

Apparently, if the playoffs ended today, both the Lions and the Bears would make the playoffs.

And Conte's showed some flashes of quality, not doing too badly for a rookie. And at least it was McCoy rather than some third-string scrub juking him out of his cleats. I definitely want that defensive backfield and the linebacking depth addressed in the off-season though.

useless Fat Albert Haynesworth to Tampa Bay as they were the only team who had any interest. I'm kinda surprised even 1 team wanted him.

They did just lose Gerald McCoy for the season so it's pretty much just need-based. Plus the Tampa 2 is probably the best fit for him if he's ever going to not be terrible.

Apparently, if the playoffs ended today, both the Lions and the Bears would make the playoffs.

That's all well and good, but if the season ended today, Cincinnati would be the # 1 seed in the AFC. Anyone who would have made that bet needs to play the lottery tonight. I'm sure that will change, but Cincy and Houston getting byes with PIT/NE, and BAL/KC would be a tremendous opening round of games. The NFC ones would be equally entertaining, CHI/NYG & DET/NO. Sadly, we probably won't be that fortunate when the season does end.

Also, the Colts SHOULD draft Luck since Peyton may never play again. If Peyton's injured again next year and they've already passed on Luck to trade for multiple spare parts, they're still going 2-14 at best and the next crop of QBs won't net you a Luck or Barkley.

Also, the Colts SHOULD draft Luck since Peyton may never play again. If Peyton's injured again next year and they've already passed on Luck to trade for multiple spare parts, they're still going 2-14 at best and the next crop of QBs won't net you a Luck or Barkley.

Agreed. They can't pass up on him. If Manning is able to play another few years, Luck can only get better learning under him. And as you said, if Peyton's done, they'd kick themselves for passing on him, when this has really become a quarterback-driven league.

If Peyton can play again, and the Colts still draft Luck, I want the Cowboys to go get Manning.

The Colts can have Romo in return, he is a perfectly fine player to learn under. :shifty: