American Horror Story

S.V. Ellis

http://android.eonline.com/article?id=289730

The house is for sale. Only 17 million...anyone interested?

• 1 month later...

From Paleyfest:

But Lange won't be the only returning cast member, with Zachary Quinto's return also revealed earlier on Friday. The big news on the panel was that Evan Peters (formerly dreamy killer Tate), Sarah Paulson (formerly quirky medium Billie Dean) and Lily Rabe (formerly miserable spirit Nora) all continuing with the show as part of an ensemble Murphy compared to Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre company. So much for the "whole new cast" thing, right? Murphy also said that just because they haven't guaranteed that certainly actors will return doesn't mean they won't eventually pop up. "Some people have gone off to do movies and other TV shows," he said. "The door's always open for fun crossover cameo stuff." And what concrete information could he provide? Well, "American Horror Story" will resume production in July and it will probably return to FX in late October, as expected. There have been ample teases that the narrative will switch coasts and that there will be an "institutional" backdrop, but Murphy didn't address that specifically. He did say that the plan wasn't to return to another ghost story, though. "There are so many great genre subsets of horror and our only rule on the show is 'No werewolves and no vampires.' I think a supernatural element will always be a part of the show," he said. Murphy added, "From where we are now, I would say it's a very equally terrifying, but very different vibe. The ghost thing I loved and I loved the 'Are they alive or are they dead?' but the fun part of the show, the gift of the show is to sort of reinvent it every year. I don't think we want to go back to a trope that we did." Another element that Murphy promised would return intact was the beloved opening credit sequence, albeit with some necessary changes. "I love title sequence. I live for them actually. It's my favorite thing," Murphy said. He added, "A lot of the things in that title sequence were clues. Almost all of them were answered except for one, which was the guy with the... clippers, which is something we entertained and then dropped as a storyline... And we're going to do the same thing this year. That's one of the hallmarks of the show for me."

Speaking of the Clipper Man, Murphy admitted that Constance's Fourth Child was one of the few mysteries that never got revealed in the first season and that they know the answer and plan on addressing it, even if Lange won't be playing Constance anymore.

• 2 months later...

I just finished watching Season 1 and I enjoyed it. At times I didn't enjoy the main characters, specifically the mother & father, but by the end they grew on me. The two most chilling moments of the season, for me at least, were the school shooting scene and when the reveal with Violet. That was genuinely shocking to me. But yea, I agree with others in feeling the finale was unsatisfying.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 though...happy to see Tate will be back.

I just finished watching Season 1 and I enjoyed it. At times I didn't enjoy the main characters, specifically the mother & father, but by the end they grew on me. The two most chilling moments of the season, for me at least, were the school shooting scene and when the reveal with Violet. That was genuinely shocking to me. But yea, I agree with others in feeling the finale was unsatisfying.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 though...happy to see Tate will be back.

You do know season 2 isn't going to follow season 1 at all right? Its an anthology series, so every season will bw its own self contained story. This was the end of that storyline

Oscar and Emmy nominee James Cromwell (pictured below) has joined the cast of AMC’s horror anthology “American Horror Story“ from “Glee” co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, The Hollywood Reporter writes.

“American Horror Story”‘s second season will feature a new premise, location and while there will be some returning cast members, they’ll all play characters completely different from their Season 1 roles.

Murphy revealed last month that Season 2 would take place at an East Coast institution for the criminally insane that would be run by Jessica Lange’s character, potentially set in a different era as well.

Cromwell will play Dr. Arden, the foil to Lange’s character, who is his boss at the facility. The actor, who earned an Oscar nomination for his role in Babe, also picked up Emmy nominations for his guest turns in HBO’s “Six Feet Under,” NBC’s “ER” and a supporting actor in a mini for HBO’s “RKO 281.”

He joins a star-studded Season 2 cast that also includes American Psycho and Zodiac‘s Chloe Sevigny, who will play Shelly the Nymphomaniac, another foil for Lange’s character; Adam Levine and newcomer Lizzie Brochere, in addition to returning cast members Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.

“It’s a completely different world and has nothing to do with Season 1; there’s not a mention of Season 1,” Murphy said recently. “The second season is set in a completely different time period.“

Solid casting so far, looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

The direction of Season 2 seems kind of odd. They are bringing back some of the actors and actresses but for completely different parts? I want to see Evan Peters & Jessica Lange again next year because I love the characters of Tate and Constance, not necessarily because I loved their acting work.

That just seems kind of odd to me. I'll still give it a chance though because Season 1 was very good. I trust that Season 2 will be just as intriguing.

The direction of Season 2 seems kind of odd. They are bringing back some of the actors and actresses but for completely different parts? I want to see Evan Peters & Jessica Lange again next year because I love the characters of Tate and Constance, not necessarily because I loved their acting work.

That just seems kind of odd to me. I'll still give it a chance though because Season 1 was very good. I trust that Season 2 will be just as intriguing.

It's an anthology series. They've been saying from the beginning that each season would be it's own self contained story. That the actors and actresses might appear in the following seasons but they wouldn't be playing the same characters

• 4 months later...

I don't know how I feel about the new season. Something just felt off. This season seems to be about the horror of human beings and not about the paranormal. I think I liked the ghost story better. But it is just the first episode and I'm sure I won't stop watching.

For the moment I'm liking it. Seems as though there'll be a sense of all types of horrors and evils as this moves on and I actually like that rather than just trying to tell a different ghost story each team. Moving through the different types of scary would be something I'd love to see them do.

• 10 months later...