NBA 2K12

Blitz

Has anyone gotten this game and gotten updated rosters? I'm debating about whether or not to get it, and the roster issue would be a major deciding factor.

Also, if you have the game, how do you like the new My Player features? I've heard there's more to do in it, but is it the same as last year where you have plays you HAVE to run and you may not touch the ball for 5-6 minutes even if you have the hot hand?

No updated rosters from 2K until the lockout is over, and so far, no one has uploaded anything to 2K Share.

My Players is SO much better this year than last year, although the AI trade logic in My Player is retarded, I mean completely retarded. The gameplay though, is a lot better. If you're open, you'll get the ball, and scrub players will no longer try to take over games and miss every open shot.

No more D-Leauge this year, and you actually negotiate your contracts. You use the money you get in your contract to upgrade your attributes, buy dunk and layup packages, and to organize events in your community to up your rep. The post game press conferences are now more in depth also.

I'd say overall the game is the best sports game ever made hands down. It takes a bit getting used to because they've eliminated all the cheap bullshit from 2K11, but it's so worth it.

I'd say get it.

I will definitely get this down the line. Just don't have anymore money right now. Spent the last of it getting NHL '12. First thing I'm doing though is trying to unlock the classic teams (if they're locked) so I can put Patrick Ewing & John Starks on the modern-day Knicks :P

I will definitely get this down the line. Just don't have anymore money right now. Spent the last of it getting NHL '12. First thing I'm doing though is trying to unlock the classic teams (if they're locked) so I can put Patrick Ewing & John Starks on the modern-day Knicks :P

Yeah they're locked, have to beat them in the greatest mode.

You have to jump through hoops to put classic players on modern teams this year, though

I wasn't going to buy it because of the roster issue. I caved. It's the best basketball game I have ever played. It actually plays like a basketball game. Guards actually need to do what they have been trying to implement for years to score in either iso-ing and beating their match up to the hoop or using off ball cuts to create space. Post guys need to back down or shake loose. If you dribble to the lanes it fills up quickly, no more cross over to dunk.

Defence is similar, you get rewarded for guessing your opponents next move, get it wrong and you will be out of position.

The gameplay is amazing. I'm sure it won't be long until I find a game breaking method of scoring, but what they have tried to achieve is incredible. You really do need to be patient and build your plays slowly. In 8 minute quarters I used to score 70-90 points. So far I'm putting in about 55-65.

It does come at a price. I wouldn't call it too pick up and play friendly. To replicate the game it requires users to learn a lot of dukes/iso moves/post up game. It's fairly intuitive once you start getting the hang of it, but the training camp is a necessity.

I haven't used the legends or bothered with my player yet. Just going through an association to get a feel for it.

I didn't understand how it was rating so high with the same rosters and pretty much the same menus and interface. Having played the full game I understand the scores 100%. It makes last years game look like the concept version and this years the final product. I hope that they haven't locked out the names of rookies so if you create them you at least get their names read aloud.

Yeah they're locked, have to beat them in the greatest mode.

You have to jump through hoops to put classic players on modern teams this year, though

What do you mean by hoops? I was considering this so I could put Wilt and Kareem as twin towers...

Have two roster files. 1 for the original rosters and 1 for the roster you will be editing

You cannot edit player ages (causing early retirement for some players unfortunately)

CAP's can be added to free agent pool (workaround for getting generic players off legend teams)

Only 10 Create-A-Team slots

Can add any legends to FA pool

Now this is what I have found you can do:

-You can use any of the legend team(s) (once you unlock them all) in OFFLINE ASSOCIATION

-You can use any of the legend team(s)/player(s) (once you unlock them all) in NBA:CREATE A LEGEND AND MY PLAYER

-You can put any legend(s) onto current teams and vice versa

-You can put any legend(s) into FA pool

Steps for putting (ORIGINAL UNEDITED) legend team(s) in OFFLINE ASSOCIATION:

1.Start new offline association

2.Turn the option for Customize League to on

3.Replace any team(s) you want with the legend team(s)

*Note. Fantasy Draft with the old players can be done too*

Steps for putting Legend(s) into FA Pool *Limit of 158 Legends in FA Pool*

1.Start new season mode with number of team(s) you plan to export

2.Once in season export the team(s).(Important you must click the right stick on the headlines menu to what team you want to export)

3.Leave season mode.

4.Load the exported team(s)

5.Assign FA players to exported legends teams to have full rosters.

6.Release Legend(s) you want into FA pool

(Have to repeat step 5 to be able to keep releasing legends)

7.Once you've released the legend(s) you want into the FA pool, delete the exported teams in the create team menu.

8. Go back to rosters and they should be in FA pool.

9.Save Roster then repeat steps

Steps for legend TEAM(S) OR PLAYER(S) in NBA:CREATE A LEGEND AND MY PLAYER.

*Note.Cant use legend courts or jerseys for NBA:CAL OR MY PLAYER*

1.Start new season mode with number of team(s) you plan to export

2.Once in season export the team(s).(Important you must click the right stick on the headlines menu to what team you want to export)

3.Leave season mode.

5.Trade the legend(s) you want onto the CURRENT TEAM you want them to be on.(ex. ORL Shaq to new Lakers for Bynum or any other player)

6.Save Roster and Start up NBA:CAL or MY PLAYER

Using legends JERSEYS (CANT USE COURTS) in OFFLINE ASSOCIATION w/current player(s).

*Note: Limit is 10 exported teams at a time so only 10 exported teams would be allowed in the Association*

1.Start new season mode with number of teams you plan to export

3.Leave season mode.

5.Make Trade for the players you from the legends exported team with the current team(ex. Trade the Player(s) to the OKC or any other team for the player(s) you do not want on the team

6.Save roster

7.Start Offline Association with the Customize League option on

8.Exchange the team you want to exchange with your exported team

The thing i love the most about My Player mode this year is the ability to sim games. It makes every season so much less tedious that i finally don't give up playing after 10 games.

Also only having to play 1 pre-draft game is extremely relieving to start a new My Player if i want and don't have to go through the tedium.

Same with the pre-draft interviews, they are a nice addition and it just adds a new layer to the cake.

And the intro song is too awesome not to listen to every single time, i love the funky 80's vibe.

Also i feel the shooting has been improved and when you are posted up it's finally actually easy to step away and do a fadeaway shot like Dirk does.

Hot-Zones is also great and it's gratifying to work your star shooter into his sweet spot and knock down those 3's and 2's with ease.

My player has finally been made fun and Association looks good too (although i am waiting for the first proper roster update because having only 2 rookies sucks monkeydick)

Also want to add that Creating a Legend mode is something i wanted for a long time, and with the improved My Player gameplay it's absolutely epic.

My dream of making Brian Cardinal a legend can finally be realised pervert.gif

You mean you can actually take a current player in the league and play My Player with him?

Also want to add that Creating a Legend mode is something i wanted for a long time, and with the improved My Player gameplay it's absolutely epic.

My dream of making Brian Cardinal a legend can finally be realised pervert.gif

You mean you can actually take a current player in the league and play My Player with him?

I mean you can actually take a current player in the league and play My Player with Him.

It has it's very own gamemode.

Also when you unlock legends you can take said legend into Creating a Legend.

Anyone manage to get anything off 2kShare? I get an error message when I flick through everything and there is never anything there (for created rosters, draft classes etc).

No one has uploaded anything yet. Mostly because the service for 2Kshare isn't up and running yet for some odd reason

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a strategy for posting up in the paint, and then getting out fast enough to not get called for a three seconds? I'll post up against a guard in the paint, expecting to get the ball quickly, then realize I'm not going to get it, then try to get out but I'm basically glued to the guy guarding me. Just a tad frustrating, you'd think you would control when you're posting someone up.

Anyone have a strategy for posting up in the paint, and then getting out fast enough to not get called for a three seconds? I'll post up against a guard in the paint, expecting to get the ball quickly, then realize I'm not going to get it, then try to get out but I'm basically glued to the guy guarding me. Just a tad frustrating, you'd think you would control when you're posting someone up.

The best thing you can do is NOT post up in the paint, first off you are leaving yourself open for a very quick 3 second call and thus a turnover. And also the AI never reacts quickly enough to pass it to you.

What i do when playing PF/C is post up next to the paint closer to the baseline or near the elbow of the paint. And after getting the ball i will quickly try to back down close to the basket and try to go for a post shot or hook (depending on what i am skilled at).

Another good tactic is to try to roll past your man and then go for a dunk/layup, if you manage to pass your man the other big man needs to close you out which means you can get fouled or get your team mate open for a open shot.

Another thing that has been made very strong is the Nowitzki-style post&fade if you make it good/great you will start to put up huge numbers with relative low chance of getting blocked. (it still happens)

But i personally never start posting up inside the paint because it doesn't really give you a significant edge over posting up next to the paint.

Also try to avoid to muscle your way into the pain with RT/L2 because you can easily bump your opponent onto the ground and that will get called as a charge and a foul+turnover. Just go easy and try to get as close as possible, if you get stopped maybe give one bump before going for the net and that's all. If your post up skills are high enough and also your strength is up there (80/85+) you can easily back the average Center/Power Forward down.

Yeah you never post up in the paint, in real life or in the game. You post up off the block. Three seconds is way too short an amount of time to do anything but catch and shoot because you will have been in the paint for at least a second by the time you get the ball and that's if it's fed to you as soon as you set up and post.

I'm fucking loving the post up game, first time it's felt possible to really emulate how it works in real life (I was a tall kid so was always centre or PF) the only issue I have in the game is it can take like three seconds to jack up a shot due to being stuck in locked animation hell which is shit if the clock is ticking down. I get at least one shot clock violation a game or miss the shot at the buzzer because of it.