NBA 2K12

Blitz

Now that I'm getting more use to the game I find my biggest problems are getting stuck on a guy while trying to run plays and just staying in front of my man on defense in general. Any tips from you guys who have been playing a while?

I've just been sticking in my zone, depending on size I switch between a 2-3 and a 3-2. I force some turnovers but mainly I force teams to beat me from the perimeter. If they put in great outside scoring threats I switch to man to man and a press to try and make it take more time for them to find an open shot and thus lower the frequency they go down.

This is from someone who has barely been playing a week.

What position are you playing?

I'm playing as an undersized SF (6'6") and haven't touched my speed. Due to my height I get thrown into SG as a back up. SGs who have a quick first step can easily get around me as I'm shit at picking which way they will go and I always bite on a pump fake. So I generally stand back a small way to compensate. If they throw up a three I can step forward whilst they are going up (you don't need to jump to get good shot defence just be in their face). My best defence though is playing close when they don't have the ball and using the right stick to try and deny the pass.

It's insanely easy to get gold everytime. I've tried looking online on how to sim games but no luck. Apparently once the game loads you can quit and sim but I don't have that option, just save and exit or quit game. Any help?

I didn't see a way to do it but I could just be missing something. Still can't find a way out of playing the key games sadly. I got myself traded to the Bulls which is great but I'd much rather be able to skip playing the Pistons and Cavaliers every time they show up on the schedule.

Ah. And there is no way I could play every game at 12 minute quarters. I'd never make it through a month, let alone multiple seasons. I do think that for my sophomore season I'm going to play a lot more of the regular season then I did my rookie one, if only so my overall can start getting better that much faster.

Yeah I can change the settings, but I have to change them every time we're on defensive. So I constantly switch to a 2-3 whenever the opposition has the ball.

And I'm playing all my rookie games, on 8 minute quarters. Only averaging 9 mpg, but for you guys further in is it beneficial to skip games for stat boosts? I'm backing up in Phlly and really want to get my stats up to start somewhere next season.

You don't get any skill points for games simmed. Also, I'm now really regretting not doing the training camp earlier, I had no idea all of the different shots and moves that can be done. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go through training camp, unlock the legend teams for a little practice with the new moves I learn, then restart my player.