NBA 2K12

Blitz

• 3 weeks later...

OK, My Player Mode is amazing and > BAP mode for NHL 12.

Last time I started an MP game, I got drafted 8th by Charlotte. This time, my SG/SF got taken 14th by Houston. And I'm finding the more rivals a team has, the better it is to play.

I just dragged Houston to a win over the Spurs by 6 points, and got my first Jordan Player of the Game. It be Awesome :D

• Like 1

My player mode is pretty great, too bad your team goes trademad regardless of who you are.

I started on the Pacers and in the first month they traded away Danny Granger, Collison and pretty much the entire core of the team for lesser players.

If they can make the trade AI actually smart instead of crazily braindead and way to easy when trading the My Player mode would actually be great.

I really looked forward on teaming up with Granger to take the team further... But instead they gave me Tayshaun Prince and Eddy Curry =(

• 2 weeks later...

How reallistic could this trade be:

I (Chicago) get

Howard

Hedo

Orlando gets

Noah

Deng

'13 1st rounder (Minnesota)

'13 1st rounder (Detroit)

Not at all. However, the NBA trade machine doesn't take into account things like the negative impact of trading away your best player. It works, but no one would ever do that specific trade and survive as Orlando's GM.

Yeah. The problem is that the trade logic in this game is pretty much fucked up. You never seem to get a fair offer for a guy

And I tried this one, and guess who rejected

Chicago gets

Howard

Lewis

Orlando gets

Wall

Noah

Deng

'12 1st round pick from Washington

My 2 picks

Washington gets:

Boozer

Hedo

Jameer

That's right. It was Orlando. They lose Howard, sure, but they get Wall, Noah, Deng and 3 1st rounders? That would not be a bad trade at all

Or even this one: I get Howard and Hedo, Orlando gets Scola, Martin and Deng, Houston gets Noah, Boozer, Jameer and 3 1st rounders. i kinda get Houston on this one, but if anyone accepted, it would not be a crime against nature. You give up Scola and Martin, but you rebuild around Noah and Boozer, and you have 3 1st rounders

It's basically impossible to trade for a superstar, even one that's leaving, like Howard. That is something that has to be worked on.

Edit: Of course, when I offer them Noah and Deng for Howard and Hedo, they ask for Rip AND Rose. That would be fucking fair

Edited by Colossus

And this is why I turn on trade override when I want to move superstars around.

Though you are raping Washington in that deal, they probably would have declined if the Magic hadn't.

How reallistic could this trade be:

I (Chicago) get

Howard

Hedo

Orlando gets

Noah

Deng

'13 1st rounder (Minnesota)

'13 1st rounder (Detroit)

Not at all. However, the NBA trade machine doesn't take into account things like the negative impact of trading away your best player. It works, but no one would ever do that specific trade and survive as Orlando's GM.

Really? If I was Orlando's GM I'd jump at that trade. You are getting arguably a top 5 centre and two what will likely be top ten picks for the draft. I think Chicago are giving up too much since Orlando lose Howard if they don't trade him.