Dark Souls

Liam

I have no idea what you are talking about at all.

My Demon's Souls disc almost got a toss through the window yesterday after I kept getting killed because my Barbarian cant dodge roll for shit. I just want to dodge roll behind you, zombies, but no, you have to make stupid jump attacks. Fucking game. :shifty:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hydra is easy to kill, but it could take awhile if you aren't at a high enough level.

Where have you gone so far, so I can get a better idea of where you should go?

Hydra is easy to kill, but it could take awhile if you aren't at a high enough level.

Where have you gone so far, so I can get a better idea of where you should go?

As I said, I haven't played it for a while, so I can't necessarily remember exact details. I went up and killed the two gargoyles and rang the bell. This also included killing the badies around the church. From there, I cleared out the place with the iron golems (I think that is after). I also killed some of the bigger characters on the Darkroot Basin (IIRC, there was a knight, and then possibly something else if you start heading down the path instead of into the open). I also have killed those crystal creatures.

I can't even get close to the Hydra. It throws water, which seemingly can't be blocked, and just fucks me up.

Let me help you Liam

Ok so to beat the hydra, run to the rocks, let them be your cover. Then get close enough that it stops spitting water.

Dont get TOO close that you fall into the water past the ledge. Theres a death drop there.

Then get a sheild that blocks 100% damage. Block the heads, and chop them after.

the heads will ALWAYS attack the same way, over and over. So if you kill a head in one place, that place is free from being hit by a head. When you clear enough of the heads, dont bother killing the last couple just hit the damn thing with a bow.

Let me help you Liam

Ok so to beat the hydra, run to the rocks, let them be your cover. Then get close enough that it stops spitting water.

Dont get TOO close that you fall into the water past the ledge. Theres a death drop there.

Then get a sheild that blocks 100% damage. Block the heads, and chop them after.

the heads will ALWAYS attack the same way, over and over. So if you kill a head in one place, that place is free from being hit by a head. When you clear enough of the heads, dont bother killing the last couple just hit the damn thing with a bow.

Any suggestions for shields?

Let me help you Liam

Any suggestions for shields?

Just look to any shield that gives 100%. Anything less gives a little damage and allows for staggers. Being staggered allows you to get followed up on.

Im sure youve got one already by now, just equip, get in there, and good luck.

I just got this game! I have died about 5 times thus far. I went to the Undead Burge I think its called? I went down some steps and saw a big guy with his back turned, figured I could crit him and take him out. Nope. Ran off but he kept up the chase so I went to the bonfire thinking it would reset him. Nope. Now I just had a bunch of zombie things in my way as I tried to run away again.

Made it past some boar thing and to the first bonfire I could fine there. I think there might be a smith in there caus I heard clanging. I quit out there though so I will have to investigate further later!

• 6 months later...