The Avengers

TKz

Yeah, I loved it a lot. It's amazing to me the amount of balance that Whedon had with all of the characters, the action was great and it was a lot funnier than I expected. It's not quite on the same level as The Dark Knight but it's damn close.

Given the amount of films the actors have signed up for, it will be interesting to see how big of a role each will play in their respective solo films leading up to the sequel of this.

Apparently the idea is for them to have their own films separate from one another now. I've got a feeling if they do pop up in other films, it'll start after Iron Man 3, as the cast seems pretty set for that so far.

I hope they use The Avengers popularity to try and launch some more heroes with solo films. I'd like to see some of the lady heroes get a shot at a big feature film, maybe Ms. Marvel or Spider-Woman. It'd also be nice to see a Daredevil film done well.

Apparently the idea is for them to have their own films separate from one another now. I've got a feeling if they do pop up in other films, it'll start after Iron Man 3, as the cast seems pretty set for that so far.

I hope they use The Avengers popularity to try and launch some more heroes with solo films. I'd like to see some of the lady heroes get a shot at a big feature film, maybe Ms. Marvel or Spider-Woman. It'd also be nice to see a Daredevil film done well.

Daredevil still belongs to 20th Century Fox but they are rebooting it with David Slade (30 Days of Night) directing so you may or may not (probably not) get your wish.

Man, seriously? How do they still have the rights to that? Saying that I kind of feel like a good Daredevil film wouldn't work very well in Marvels established world. It's just a little too... bright? I guess. Daredevil seems like he needs a darker setting and tone.

The extended directors cut of Daredevil turns it into a pretty decent movie, worth a watch if you can find it on the net.

I have, it's better. I wouldn't say it makes it a good film, but it's definitely better. But there's way more potential for Daredevil than what we got. Even if Kingpin and Bullseye were awesome.

Something Hobina noticed cause she is a one woman continuity error spotting machine:

there are occasions where you can't see the light from Tony Stark's chest piece when he is wearing the same t shirt he wears for most of the movie and it is clearly visible in earlier scenes. It is clear Downey Jnr isn't wearing the chest piece thing in these scenes.

Something Hobina noticed cause she is a one woman continuity error spotting machine:

there are occasions where you can't see the light from Tony Stark's chest piece when he is wearing the same t shirt he wears for most of the movie and it is clearly visible in earlier scenes. It is clear Downey Jnr isn't wearing the chest piece thing in these scenes.

I prefer to think it is not an error, but a result of a time anomaly where he never got injured and had to have the ARC implanted in his chest. I also like to think that it will potentially be paid off when the alternate reality Tony Stark from 2030 comes back to our reality/time (without a goatee) and runs for President and The Avengers have to battle the man they think is their friend (as the real realities Tony Stark is locked in a dungeon in true soap opera fashion) who went insane. It's a movie rejiggering of The Crossing storyline from the 90's Avengers books.

Perfect.

I know a lot of comparisons to The Dark Knight are going to be made since these two are the best superhero movies ever, but here's how I look at it:

Dark Knight = Best superhero movie ever

Avengers = Best comic book movie ever

Not looking at it from a "oh they translated the source material well," there's just something about The Avengers, for the first time I felt like I was watching a comic book on the big screen. Dark Knight was Christopher Nolan taking great characters from another medium and making an excellent movie out of it, Avengers felt like a living, breathing comic book... if that makes any sense.

• Like 5

Perfect.

I know a lot of comparisons to The Dark Knight are going to be made since these two are the best superhero movies ever, but here's how I look at it:

Not looking at it from a "oh they translated the source material well," there's just something about The Avengers, for the first time I felt like I was watching a comic book on the big screen. Dark Knight was Christopher Nolan taking great characters from another medium and making an excellent movie out of it, Avengers felt like a living, breathing comic book... if that makes any sense.

It does because I was hesitant to mention them in the same breath because they approach the super hero genre so differently. Even with Iron Man, etc., it's clear that Marvel is going for a more pure entertainment (action and comedy) tone than The Dark Knight which is darker and more story driven. Ultimately, I think you can enjoy them both equally but for different reasons, much the same way you can with a comedy vs. a drama.

Man, that movie was AWESOME. Loved it!

Especially...

The part after the credits where they're eating shwarma. Hilarious.

Perfect combination of action, comedy, with a little bit of drama thrown in.

Thanks GoGo,I dint catch it the first time because the guy behind me was laughing too hard,so you gave an excuse to watch the movie again and that episode of Buffy (Y)

• Like 2

Perfect.

I think that's a fair comparison, and I think that personal tastes in that way will dictate a bit how people feel about one vs. the other. My feelings on why Avengers is better go beyond just that but the fact that it felt like a full-on, totally faithful adaptation of the style of Marvel Comics was definitely a huge factor. It felt like the early days of the classic '60s Avengers except without the alliteration and sexism.

Heath Ledger was a driving force behind TDK's success. Obviously a metric fuckton of people are going to see Rises, but after an opening like this, I think The Avengers will be the movie of the year.

Rises will do huge, perhaps even outperform TDK, but without a legendary villain like Joker and the shocking story of Ledger's death, leaving behind an awe-inspiring performance, I don't think it'll gross more than Avengers.

Not that it really matters, it's fantastic to see these characters and the comic medium getting the respect they deserve.

Man, that movie was AWESOME. Loved it!

Especially...

The part after the credits where they're eating shwarma. Hilarious.

Perfect combination of action, comedy, with a little bit of drama thrown in.

Man, WHAT? :( Me and my girlfriend stayed behind through every credit for the potential extra scene and all we got was the first extra scene.