Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I like Czech to win it all I have to say that England got screwed today. Campbell's goal shouldn't have been disallowed. There was no foul whatsoever. The linesman had the clear view and made no call. That dumbass ref Meier couldn't see shit. There was also much bad luck with Rooney, their MVP of this tourney, breaking his foot and Beckham missing the PK. If it weren't for that fucking Swede there wouldn't have even been an overtime. So now that's Italy and England who were screwed by the Swedes.

Edited by Franchise

*cracks knuckles*

Right on the Sol Campbell 'goal' issue, the rule was up earlier, Terry would have had to been deliberatly blocking the keeper in order for it to have been a foul. Eyes on ball at all times + Keeper jumping in him and NOT the other way round = perfectly good goal. That ref was shit all night long, any 50/50 desision went to Portugal, even when a defender jumped on Vassell's head the ref claimed Vassell fouled the defender.

And on the issue of goalies being too protected by ref's, it's true, you go anywhere near a goalkeeper now and it goes off like a car alarm in the middle of the night. I mean I'm a goalie and it pisses me off when I'm getting that much protection from a ref.

I like a proper game of football, it's about passion and pride in your team, not about falling over and rolling 10 yards everytime someone breaths in your direction. When I play in defence I find it funny when the little wingers runs up with all the skills, the step-over and all that and I just calmly boot the ball away. When I am in defence I play hard and fair, but with the new generation of skillful little divers who whenever I get anywhere near them go down like I've shot them, then as soon as they get the free kick they almost do a HBK flip up so they can take it. This may explain my 6 sendings off in footballing life, but seeing who can do the most convinsing dive in front of the ref isn't football.

England were robbed plain and simple, just look at the decisions that went our way today, we had to have a player hacked down to get a free kick, while whenever we brushed past a Portugal player today there was a free kick and a yellow card to the English player.

For the rest of the tournament GO CZECH! It's good to see them doing well, and I think Latvia have done very well during this tournament, only just lost to the Czech and drew with Germany even though Latvia had two clear penalties turned down. So GO CZECH!!

after i left the board yesterday i zapped a bit, BBC world said in 99.9% of goals happening like this it is given a freekick because the goaly has to be protected.

Eurosport dident even show the "goal" in their review.

so much for your german tv conspiracy :P

The english player blocked the Goalie from going to the ball, this, intentional ore unintentional, in the smal boxed area in front of the goal, is illegal, the rule was enforced coprectly, if he has seen it properly ore not (wich we cannot prove because we only can asume how he could see from that position, as same goes for the linesman, who maby just saw the english players hiding the goaly, therfore not seing him being blocked behind them, we got more than one person on the pitch to cover different angels) - by the rule book of the UEFA and FIFA this plain and simple was enforced corectly.

I guess you didn't read Stokerino's post which included FIFA's official stance on this, did you? They make no mention of 'The small boxed area' and just say it's a foul if the keeper is blocked intentionally. He wasn't, he fucked up and got away with it thanks to a god-awful referee who bottled it.

I guess you didn't read Stokerino's post which included FIFA's official stance on this, did you?  They make no mention of 'The small boxed area' and just say it's a foul if the keeper is blocked intentionally.  He wasn't, he fucked up and got away with it thanks to a god-awful referee who bottled it.

get me neutral sources reporting your opinion ore shut it :P

Everyone neutral sais it was no goooooooaaaal and englands going home, your going home, your going home, your going, englands going home *sing* :lol:

Worst loosers if ever seen, and that makes me laugh even harder :thumbs-up:

Edit, btw. from the behind the dor cam you can clearly see that terry has his hand on the goalys shoulder so he wassent even just blocking acidentl he even was an agessor :P

Edited by Michael Matzat

get me neutral sources reporting your opinion ore shut it  :P

Since when the fuck are FIFA not a fucking neutral source? Twat.

And again, how can you spell two letter words wrong after three+ years of typing English? I suppose your typing skills match your football knowledge.

Fuck off, Kraut,

I know this is a bit late but I haven't voiced my opinions on the England match yet.

We were fucking robbed, we really were, the goal in the last minute SHOULD have stood, no doubt in anyones mind that it was a perfectly good goal, I don't believe it comes down to that. One more terrible thing was the penalty spot and yes I know it goes for both ways, this is a quarter final of the European Championship and the spot should be in much better condition than that, you gert better spots in Division 3.

Our defense was once again as solid as a rock for most the game until John Terry lost a bit of concentration at the vital time to allow Postiga to equalise, Neville was solid again and didn't make any mistakes, Terry for most the game was solid, Campbell was outstanding and Ashley Cole played the best game I have ever seen him play in his career, he made a superb clearence off the line he kept Ronaldo very quiet, he didn't deserve to be on the losing team.

Now the bad peformances, David Beckham was shite again and Sven should have subbed him off because he wasn't adding anything to the game really apart from the free kick in which we scored that perfectly good goal.

At the end of the day, Portugal were the better team because of Sven's stupid 'score one goal then defend' tactics. But we were still robbed because of the goal we scored in the last minute, I still don't see the push.

Wow. I went offline last night at 11pm, and came back to find 4 pages of hilarious reading. I have concluded that:

-Matzat sucks

-Summers, Supergrass, Squancho and Reily all kick ass

-The goal should NOT have been disallowed

-Squancho's new sig is uber cool

-Matzat sucks

And Alan Hansen was going to cry, to could see at the end. I have no idea why, but he said

"Yeh, it is just heartbreaking"

And you heard in his voice that he actually wanted England to do well which is odd then he had tears in his eyes, strange that. But there you go

WE WERE FUCKING ROBBED!

WE WON THE MATCH FAIR AND FUCKING SQUARE!

Hansen was almost as emotional as everyone else because he's British.

There are two types of Scottish person; British, and Smalceish. :shifty:

But seriously. It's sortof an unwritten rule that when you don't qualify for a tournament and one of the home nations does, you support them. Scotland and Wales have had plenty of practice :P It's the same at club level in European competitions.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I just saw the England/Portugal match and I must say it was a heart stopper. One of the best I have seen in a while.

And I really feel for the English fans as my heart was even in my mouth.

I know this is a bit late but I haven't voiced my opinions on the England match yet.

We were fucking robbed, we really were, the goal in the last minute SHOULD have stood, no doubt in anyones mind that it was a perfectly good goal, I don't believe it comes down to that. One more terrible thing was the penalty spot and yes I know it goes for both ways, this is a quarter final of the European Championship and the spot should be in much better condition than that, you gert better spots in Division 3.

Our defense was once again as solid as a rock for most the game until John Terry lost a bit of concentration at the vital time to allow Postiga to equalise, Neville was solid again and didn't make any mistakes, Terry for most the game was solid, Campbell was outstanding and Ashley Cole played the best game I have ever seen him play in his career, he made a superb clearence off the line he kept Ronaldo very quiet, he didn't deserve to be on the losing team.

Now the bad peformances, David Beckham was shite again and Sven should have subbed him off because he wasn't adding anything to the game really apart from the free kick in which we scored that perfectly good goal.

At the end of the day, Portugal were the better team because of Sven's stupid 'score one goal then defend' tactics. But we were still robbed because of the goal we scored in the last minute, I still don't see the push.

You can look at that in two ways when you say Portugal played better, because England must have played just as well if they stopped them scoring like till the last minute. Yeah there attack was shit, but there defending was pretty damn good, and when they did make mistakes Portugal just didn't take them to there advantage.

On the other hand I'm going to enjoy the game today. I want Greece but I'm not too sure they can pull another win out the hat to be honest.