• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Dutch and the Czech's will win setting up:

Greece vs. Holland

Portugal vs. Czech

With hopefully a Greece/Portugal final. The winner of that I have no idea

A Greece/Portugal final would be sick. AT first I was hoping to have a France/England final, but that changed dramatically by a couple of days. :P Between Greece and Portugal, if it happens, Portugal takes it 2-1. Just my perdiction

Just a bit of info. On Baddiel and Skinners show earlier tonight they had a English referee on, who said the referee was to poorly postitioned to make a judgement and should of gone with the decision of the assisstant, which was a goal. He also said, that in his opinion he saw nothing wrong with the goal.

So, just a little thing that makes Matzats "German referee says it wasn't a goal" argument worthless. I know we've dropped the thing but I just thought it'd be a nice bit of information for anyone who didn't see the show.

I just won £250!! woohoo!!

Well, so far greece have won be £400 The Czechs have won me £200, and if they win the tournament i get £600 :D

Ah, I love betting on the underdogs, I bet on Senegal in the World Cup and ended up £400 up.

Czechs are gonna win it all people, with Baros getting the golden boot, mark my words.

I remember rolling a dice to try to predict what will happen in Euro Cup 2004. The dice only predicted 10 out of the 24 group match winners correctly. However, it did get the Switzerland/Croatia and the Germany/Czech games right on. Sweden's Ljundberg leads the tournament with 4 goals. I found this interesting and I will post the next round tommorow. Here are the results:

W	L	T	GF	GA	DIF	PTS

RUS	2	1	0	7	3	+4	6

ESP	1	0	2	5	4	+1	5

POR	1	1	1	4	5	-1	4

GRE	0	2	1	4	8	-4	1

W	L	T	GF	GA	DIF	PTS

ENG	1	0	2	5	4	+1	5

SUI	1	0	2	4	3	+1	5

CRO	1	1	1	3	3  0	4

FRA	0	2	1	3	5	-2	1

W	L	T	GF	GA	DIF	PTS

SWE	3	0	0	8	1	+7	9

DEN	2	0	0	7	6	+1	6

BUL	1	2	0	4	8	-4	3

ITA	0	3	0	3	7	-4	0

W	L	T	GF	GA	DIF	PTS

HOL	2	1	0	8	2	+6	6

GER	1	1	1	3	2	+1	4

LAT	1	1	1	1	5	-4	4

CZE	1	2	0	2	5	-3	3

POR - GRE 3-1 POR[FIGO,FERREIRA,RONALDO] GRE[NIKOLADIS]

RUS - ESP 1-2 RUS[BULYKIN] ESP[MORIENTES,HELGUERA]

POR - RUS 0-3 RUS[GUSEV,BULYKIN,EVSEEV]

GRE - ESP 2-2 GRE[ZAGORAKIS(2)] ESP[RAUL,MORIENTES]

ESP - POR 1-1 POR[FIGO] ESP[MORIENTES]

RUS - GRE 3-1 RUS[ANYUKOV,EVSEEV,SYCHEV] GRE[TSIARTAS]

SUI - CRO 0-0

ENG - FRA 1-1 FRA[ZIDANE] ENG[SCHOLES]

ENG - SUI 2-2 ENG[ROONEY,COLE] SUI[M.YAKIN,CABANAS]

CRO - FRA 2-1 CRO[RAPAIC,PRSO] FRA[SILVESTRE]

ENG - CRO 2-1 ENG[BECKAM,ROONEY] CRO[ROSSO]

SUI - FRA 2-1 CRO[N.KOVAC,KLASNIC] FRA[SILVESTRE]

DEN - ITA 3-1 DEN[TOMASSON(2),GRAVESEN] ITA[DEL PIERO]

SWE - BUL 2-1 SWE[LJUNBERG(2)] BUL[ST.PETROV]

ITA - SWE 0-1 SWE[LJUNBERG]

DEN - BUL 4-0 DEN[JORGENSEN(3),HELVEG]

SWE - DEN 5-0 SWE[LARSSON,LJUNBERG,JAKOBSSON,LINDEROTH,IBRAHAMOVIC]

ITA - BUL 2-3 ITA[VIERI,TOTTI] BUL[BERBATOV(2),M.PETROV]

GER - HOL 2-0 GER[BOBIC,LAHM]

LAT - CZE 1-0 LAT[PROHORENKOVS]

LAT - GER 0-0

CZE - HOL 0-3 HOL[VAN NISTELROOI,VAN DER MEYDE,DAVIDS]

GER - CZE 1-2 GER[KURANYJ] CZE[JANKULOVSKI,KOLLER]

HOL - LAT 5-0 HOL[VAN DER VART(2),VAN NISTELROOI,COCU,DAVIDS]

TOP SCORERS

LJUNBERG(SWE)	4

JORGENSEN(DEN)	3

MORIENTS(ESP)	3

VAN NISTELROOI	2

VAN DER VART	2

DAVIDS(HOL)	2

BERBATOV(BUL)	2

TOMASSON(DEN)	2

FIGO(POR)	2

ZAGORAKIS(GRE)	2

BULYKIN(RUS)	2

EVSEEV(RUS)	2

SILVESTRE(FRA)	2

ROONEY(ENG)	2

Just out of curiosity, why in the hell did Vieira not play? I didn't watch the match, but I checked the line-ups and he was an unused sub. Was he injured? If not, Santini is an idiot...which is good for us Gooners as we can laugh at Tottenham even more :D

Ok tonight, Sweden - Holland. I'm hoping it will be 2-1 for the Dutch, I'm affraid Sweden will win in overtime.

No matter what it promises to be a great match

(BTW Chelsea fans, glad Robben is coming your way?)

If Holland win tonight it will be like this

Portugal v Holland

Czech/ Denmark v Greece

So I think that overall it will be a Dutch/Czech final. Oh and a wee lad from my home town is going to be a mascot at the final! Get in!

Oh and that referee from Switzerland has his own website with a guestbook. They gave it out on the 10 o'clock news on ITV.

Just out of curiosity, why in the hell did Vieira not play? I didn't watch the match, but I checked the line-ups and he was an unused sub. Was he injured? If not, Santini is an idiot...which is good for us Gooners as we can laugh at Tottenham even more :D

I believe he is recovering from a knock and apparently wasn't fit enough to play for 90 mins.

(BTW Chelsea fans, glad Robben is coming your way?)

Let's hope he does well for Chelsea :D

I believe he is recovering from a knock and apparently wasn't fit enough to play for 90 mins.

An unfit Patrick Vieira is better than a 110% fully fit Oliver Dacourt. If it's a knock, and he wasn't fit enough to play 90, why not bring him on or take him off during the game?

Guest OnlyOneKeano

This tourney rules . Greece beating france . POSTIGA !! Knocking out England (bad but a yiddo scored) .Germany , Italy and Spain all out . Czechs To Win !

An unfit Patrick Vieira is better than a 110% fully fit Oliver Dacourt. If it's a knock, and he wasn't fit enough to play 90, why not bring him on or take him off during the game?

Because France are so ridiculously confident in their ability they believe they can beat anyone with any line up of players. Obviously they can't. A World Cup winning team should be able to beat other teams when they are only missing one player; perhaps France have peaked.

I'd put France's exit down to the front two - although proven quality strikers, Henry and Trezeguet seemed sluggish and poor in front of goal. I completely agree with the consensus that Saha, although only from the bench, was France's best forward. Zidane cannot do it all - he needs some help. It's good for France a new manager is comming, if they are lucky they can get a new start.

Anyway the Greece game, and the Senegal game in 2002, is a nice reminder that anything can happen. And a nice kick in the teeth for the arrogant French team.

I'm now an honourary Czech, untill they come up against England of course.

Because France are so ridiculously confident in their ability they believe they can beat anyone with any line up of players. Obviously they can't. A World Cup winning team should be able to beat other teams when they are only missing one player; perhaps France have peaked.

That World Cup win was six years ago. Its a different team from that which played back then.

Guest BigDirty

That World Cup win was six years ago. Its a different team from that which played back then.

But it's not that different. Barthez, Desailly, Thuram, Lizarazu, Pires, Vieira, Zidane, Henry & Trezeguet are still in there. So should still have the a similiar strong squad as back then. The main difference is the midfield.