Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE WINS EURO 2004~!!!!!!!!

With strong suport of a werder Player and Werder coach i might ad :D

another sweet 4 points for me in my tip game and michael matzat good of everything about football predicted the right winner for this little tournament B) i just got so much clue of this stuff it´s almost funny B) B) B)

Did anyone else think that the ITV commentator rather wasted his opportunity to be dramatic.

"Greece...is...the word".

That's bollocks, is that.

Nope, because I try not to watch ITV's coverage of anything :P

Nope, because I try not to watch ITV's coverage of anything :P

I was watching BBC all the way 'till the end, but I flicked onto ITV for the very last minute, just to see how they would announce the victory, because Motson would just do something like 'there it is' or 'gosh golly, who'd a-thought it'?

Did anyone else think that the ITV commentator rather wasted his opportunity to be dramatic.

"Greece...is...the word".

That's bollocks, is that.

I was actaully looking through The Sun yesterday and bookies were taking bets on commentator cliches and which would be used first. I love those silly bets

I was watching BBC all the way 'till the end, but I flicked onto ITV for the very last minute, just to see how they would announce the victory, because Motson would just do something like 'there it is' or 'gosh golly, who'd a-thought it'?

Which is still worlds better than... Grease is the word :D

I swear, ITV commentators are so crap. Robson has just lost all his marbles and the other one re-hashes the same thing all the time eg. 'Those three small words that mean everything - England lead [insert team name here]'

Greece play boring, luck-based football. But you can't say they didn't deserve to win the whole thing. Their defence is almost inpenetrable, it's awesome. But I'd still rather see Portugal, Spain, England, Holland, Czech Republic or even Sweden win it. I am glad that France didn't win...

And hopefully this will pave a way to an awesome Olympics in Athens. B)

*applauds the entirity of Europe*

Greece play boring, luck-based football.

Luck based? You must be kidding! They played brilliant tactical football, and they never lost their cool. They showed what a great manager can do for you. Not exciting, sure. But still good.

Well, I lost my predicitions, but I'm glad Greece won to be honest. They totally deserved it on that display and on every display they've shown that they deserved it. It's great for them, and it proves that you don't need superstars to become winners (and no, Charisteas isn't a superstart Michael. He's just a brilliant striker :P ). Much respect to Greece, because you can't say enough about this amazing achievement.

Tis a shame for Portugal, but they never played with enough conviction. Despite their changes, they never did it. Scolari also made a big mistake by not brining off that stupid twat Ronaldo. Honestly, all he wanted to do was a bloody Maradona and rush past people and be the fucking hero. He had chances to just belt it in, but NO! Not good enough for him. He has to try and do his tricks. It may work against Millwall and other such teams, but at that level you need to be REALLY good in order to pass it off. If they had took him off instead of Pauleta, then I think Portgual may have done it. But then again, they were up against a very tight Greek defence and they were too put off. It's like they were too afraid to do anything out of the ordinary in case they fucked up.

Saying that, they did Portugal proud. It's the best Portugal have done in a tournament, and they have put on a great tournament for us all. They should consider themselves proud.

Overall, this has been one of the most interesting tournaments in years, if not for quality of matches but for the shocks and twists and turns we've seen. Who would have thought Greece (besides Michael, and I bet you only picked them because of Charisteas and the manager! Admit it!) would have done the impossible and become European Champions? Or that Italy, Germany and Spain would go out in the first round? Or that France would get knocked out by Greece? And who would have though the refereeing would be SOOOOOO BAD!!! Oh my god! Nearly every game had absolutely poor refereeing in it! And not just for one team or anything - every team had clear decisions go against them! The only good ref I can't say did things badly was the Swedish ref who was the 4th official today (can't remember his name sadly, but I think he looks SO MUCH like Eric Bischoff, don't you?).

But saying that, this was one heck of a tournament. It had it's bad and it's good, but in the end, Portugal was conquered by the Greeks.[/shit ITV pundit]

PS: Does anyone else think Peter Schmichael is shit as a pundit? He's always talking a load of bollocks.

They defend awesomely but they depend on luck to score, they usually just squeeze the win.

And yes, Schmichael sucks as a pundit, which is why I watched the ITV coverage. Ally McCoist = Ratings.

Good game today.

Greece for me are a great defensive team, but when attacking they are lucky if you ask me. Yeah they are a good team, but look at most of there goals. All of them seem to have come from a lucky header if you ask me. Todays goal was because of the twat Ricardo stepping into no mans land, all the striker had to do was head it on goal. Don't get me wrong Greece are good, but no way did they deserve this and I gurantee when the World Cup comes around they will struggle to even qualify.

Why does everyone praise Deco too? I think he is pretty much shit. All he ever seems to do is fall over and moan like a little bitch, well thats certainly all he did today. I felt sorry for Ronaldo, maybe he is a bit of a twat but he did play well in this tourni. For me Greece deserved it today though, defensively they are really good and seem so calm, I hate there manager though and they just look like a cocky team if you ask me, but then again that's what I thought about Portugal too.

Overall Czech deserved to win this tourniment, with maybe Holland being runners up. Czech didn't do a single thing wrong. None of there goals were luck if you ask me. They have a really solid team and this will boost them so much for the World Cup.

All I can say now is I am so fired up for the champions league and Italian Series A. I pray to god somewhere down the line Juventus draw Werder Bremen, because before even seeing them play I am starting to hate them :P

And maybe Schmichael sucks but Wright and co don't. BBC is by far more funnier, whoever watched it did you see when they showed Wright etc celebrating when England scored a goal? That was hilarious.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

They defend awesomely but they depend on luck to score, they usually just squeeze the win.

I disagree, because when they made their chances they did well. I think it was just that they managed to score from set plays. But they did well with their rushes up the field. The thing with Greece is that they just don't go up as often as other teams. They WERE lucky Portugal never found their form though, I'll give you that. If Portugal had been attacking with more conviction, I might have gotten my 3-2 prediction after all. Fucking Portugese bastards. Y2Johnny!!! GET HERE NOW! I'm taking my anger out on you! <_<

Greece for me are a great defensive team, but when attacking they are lucky if you ask me. Yeah they are a good team, but look at most of there goals. All of them seem to have come from a lucky header if you ask me. Todays goal was because of the twat Ricardo stepping into no mans land, all the striker had to do was head it on goal. Don't get me wrong Greece are good, but no way did they deserve this and I gurantee when the World Cup comes around they will struggle to even qualify.

What? Looking back, Greece proved to be deserved winners. They came top of their qualifying group (which had Spain in it as well), and that group wasn't easy. They beat France (luck or not, they kept France out of the game and took the goal when they needed it), they beat Portugal... they beat everyone they needed to beat. They did what they had to do. To say Greece didn't deserve it is madness. And the thing with Greece was that they never necessarily went up field every time, but you look at Italy, Germany - teams like that. They had probably more chances than Greece have ever scored goals, yet they never put them in. Greece had a few chances, and they took them. You don't need to necessarily shoot at goal 100 times to get a goal - great strikers and teams get the goals when it counts. When it counted, Greece took their chance and got the goals. They thouroughly deserved to win this tournament. They had strong tactics. Italy never had that. Germany never had that. England never had it, France never, Spain didn't have it as much... other teams never had the organization or the tactics to get the results - Greece did.

Why does everyone praise Deco too? I think he is pretty much shit. All he ever seems to do is fall over and moan like a little bitch, well thats certainly all he did today. I felt sorry for Ronaldo, maybe he is a bit of a twat but he did play well in this tourni. For me Greece deserved it today though, defensively they are really good and seem so calm, I hate there manager though and they just look like a cocky team if you ask me, but then again that's what I thought about Portugal too.

Deco has scored goals and generally plays with his heart. I think he's not exactly brilliant, but he's a great striker to have, and if he was playing for a Birmingham City or a Middlesborough he'd do brilliantly for them.

Ronaldo I do not feel sorry for though. He has had a few good performances, and he's always about on the pitch, but his passing is poor and he's always too concerned with putting on a show rather than actually getting the fuck up there and doing it. He's like Teddy Hart - they have talent, but their arrogance and their ego gets the better of them, and then they wonder why they don't get what they want.

And Ally McCoist may be good, but Ian Wright > *. And Alan Hansen generally knows what he's on about. It's just fucking Schmichael.

In all honestly, I wasn't able to watch the game. Just saw bits and pieces and from what I saw, we didn't play well enough to win. The greeks defended wonderfully and they took the chance they had. The bits I saw of the game, Portugal jsut wasn't good enough. Congrats to Greece, and better luck next time for us.

Fucking Portugese bastards. Y2Johnny!!! GET HERE NOW! I'm taking my anger out on you! <_<

:huh:

:runs like hell: