Gamestop Trade-ins

=BK=

If anyone has had some dealings with game stop I'm looking for an opinion. Tomorrow I'm going up there with Dead Island and SDvsRAW 2011(PS3) and I'm trying to guess how much I can get for both of these. Last time I went up there I was trying to sell the first UFC Undisputed(After the second came out) and they offered me 3 bucks. I'm thinking since WWE 12 hasn't came out yet and Dead Island is basically brand new I might be able to get a bit for them. I don't want to waste my time if they're just gonna try to screw me.

Edited by Kirkland

I tend to try and only do trade ins at gamestop when they have some sort of trade in deal. Right now they have the get an extra 30% when you trade in and put the trade in value towards select games coming out this fall or something.

Despite that I only got $7 for Bad Company 2 :(. I cant see you getting that much for SDvsRAW, though it might depend on the store. Either way, be prepared to take a hit in terms of how much youll get. If you dont know anyone who would be willing to buy either games, though, it is really the best option (especially for trade in deals they tend to have).

Edited by Vitamin E

If I put something up on Ebay, god knows how long I'd wait - if I bring my stuff into EB Games (and this is before I started working there too) I could easily take advantage of some of the deals they have. Every month for instance, everything you trade in gets 50 percent added on it towards six games that are out that month. There is always the deal going on where if you have two games over 8 dollars, and you put it towards a new release or a preorder, you get bumped up to 50 dollars and then some depending on how much the initial value of the game was. Always works out great for me.\

In Canada, there's a site called tivs.ca and if someone has updated their selling price recently, you can get a good idea of what you'll get out of it.

As far as your trades go... I would say 2011 at 10 sounds about right, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was anywhere under 20. Dead Island.. I would guess about 28 or so.

Just go to Best Buy for trade ins if you have one that does it in your area (look for "Video Game Trade-In no receipt" under store services on their store locator). You can check their site (bestbuytradein.com) for what they are going to give you and they have insane bonuses.

Current promotions:

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.

Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order.

Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.

Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.

Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order.

Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.

Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

*Bonuses do not stack

You can also get an extra 10% if you join their Gamer's Club Unlocked for $15 for 12 months.

Dead Island is currently $24 which becomes $36 after a 50% bonus and WWE 11 is $14 which becomes $21.

Best-Buy in the area doesn't do trade-ins.

From everything I've seen it looks like I can get between 30-35 for both together. Seems like a good enough deal for 2 games I won't play again.

I refuse to trade anything in at Gamestop unless they have a deal going on like 20% extra or trade in three games, get a new game free.

Otherwise, trade stuff in on Amazon, their deals are ridiculously awesome. I just traded in a bunch of DVDs and a handful of games earlier this month and got $200 in credit.

Somehow on Amazon Dead Island is only worth 9.50 yet SDvsRAW2011 is worth 14.00.

Yeah, I don't know about newer games because games usually sit on my shelf for months before I even start playing them. But for older stuff, Amazon is the way to go. I traded in New Super Mario Bros. for Wii and DS and got a shitload of money for them. Even a few bucks for some old Gamecube stuff.

I went to Gamestop and got 30 for both together. Walked out with Gundam Crossfire, LA Noire and their Power-up rewards card.

If I put something up on Ebay, god knows how long I'd wait

3 days for twice (or even more) the monny... you pay a lot for being impatiant and greedy for something new.

IF i got for them i only do it with games i bought especialy to trade them in for a special offer (like hand in two games of a list and get new game x for 9.99... i got AC and lego indiana jones for 10€ each and walked out with L.A. Noire day one for all together 30€)... otherwise it´s always selling better some other place. Sometimes it´s even better to just put a free sales at in the local "free" newspaper, so you avoide deal hunters and can cash in on the buyer not having to pay for shipping.

If you sell something you always get the monny first, so there is no trust issue. If people buy of you it´s their choise to bid on something you are selling... and if you feel a need to build positiv ratings (wich you don´t need to for cheap stuff) you get them for buying aswell.

But if not even tying is worth up to 50% less monny in your pocked i guess you can´t be helped. :D ...if you have an ebay acount you can check for completed listings. Right now Dead Island PS3 is selling for about 30-40$ and SD Vs RAW 2011 PS3 is selling for about 10 - 20$... so you would have had at least 10$ more and had the option to spend that monny were ever you want instead at sinking it into GameStops high prices (at least in germany they are the most expensive place to buy games because they almost always sell them at the sugested retail price).

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane