Charlie Brooker - Black Mirror

therockbox

• 3 weeks later...

New season is out on Netflix, I'm going to check it out tonight. I'm pretty stoked about the episode with Miley Cyrus - I love her, and the episode has NIN "parody" songs that are approved by Trent Reznor.

Just watched the Striking Vipers episode. I won't spoiler it or anything but despite me not going through what happened in the episode, as a fellow 38 year old with wife and kids, I totally get the feels of existential boredom (even though I love 'em and have hobbies etc). It may be a societal malaise or may have always existed but was kept quiet until the midlife crisis hit.

I also get the feels for his wife feeling the same but with the added sacrifice that mothers tend to have to go through 

On 05/06/2019 at 17:25, tristy said:

New season is out on Netflix, I'm going to check it out tonight. I'm pretty stoked about the episode with Miley Cyrus - I love her, and the episode has NIN "parody" songs that are approved by Trent Reznor.

It has been confirmed by Cyrus herself that at least one of the songs

Head Like a Hole

is getting a proper release in the form we hear it at the end of the episode.

Having heard her do it, I'd actually really just love it if she did a full EP or album of Nine Inch Nails covers in the same style. I've always found her supremely talented, but just can't get into her tunes at all. So for her to be doing something more in line with my musical tastes would be a nice little thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabriel said:

It has been confirmed by Cyrus herself that at least one of the songs

Reveal hidden contents

Head Like a Hole

is getting a proper release in the form we hear it at the end of the episode.

Having heard her do it, I'd actually really just love it if she did a full EP or album of Nine Inch Nails covers in the same style. I've always found her supremely talented, but just can't get into her tunes at all. So for her to be doing something more in line with my musical tastes would be a nice little thing.

I love anything Miley does post-Hannah Montana, but if that's true about releasing the final song from the end of the episode... fuck yeah. I've already got a rip of it, but having it as a studio cut in good quality will be nice.

But I can't stop listening to that On A Roll song, not even gonna lie. That's an earworm if you have any sort of tolerance for pop music.