Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

For what it's worth, being a Paradox game it has free weekends every once in a while and then the base game goes on sale for something stupidly cheap so you can give it a try then.

And also because it's a Paradox game, you're looking at expansions that greatly improve the game and add more to it... but unlike most of the other titles I've played I would actually say that the base game is quite playable as is, and if you don't like it from that point - layering more on top probably isn't going to do much for you.

40 minutes ago, apsham said:

This is where that Persona announcement is supposed to come down, with instant purchase afterwards yeah? God that's tempting. Even if it doesn't come to Switch.

You were right. It's only £15.99 for UK customers, and presumably something similar elsewhere.

Mind you, it uses Denuvo DRM, so that could be an issue for some people.

Here's another massive Humble Bundle. Its minimum price is £25.50/$30, but you get a lot of big games, including Football Manager 2020 as arguably its main attraction, along with several e-books. It's also a 100% charity bundle, with everything going to LDF, Race Forward and The Bail Project. As an extra bonus, you get a month's Humble Choice subscription too.

• Like 3

So Baldur's Gate III. Anyone have opinions on what's been shown so far? I need a new single player RPG style game for the computer but I've never played anything from this series. 

On the same subject, does anyone have any RPG style games that they would recommend for PC that isn't MMORPG? I've honestly had enough with needing to rely on others to play a game.

It's Larian doing it, that's as good an indicator that it'll be quality as anything else.

13 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

On the same subject, does anyone have any RPG style games that they would recommend for PC that isn't MMORPG? I've honestly had enough with needing to rely on others to play a game.

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. The Paradox Shadowrun games. The Paradox BattleTech game. Cosmic Star Heroine. Always Sometimes Monsters and it's sequel. Anything by Larian (though Dragon Commander is a Brutal Legend style RTS, and not as good)

19 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

So Baldur's Gate III. Anyone have opinions on what's been shown so far? I need a new single player RPG style game for the computer but I've never played anything from this series. 

If you like the look of BG3, check out Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2. So good. So much depth. 

20 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

If you like the look of BG3, check out Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2. So good. So much depth. 

Do I need to play the first one to know the story of the second one? The second being better graphically looks like something I could get behind.

20 minutes ago, Forked Out said:

Do I need to play the first one to know the story of the second one? The second being better graphically looks like something I could get behind.

Nope, separate stories!

I haven't gotten to those yet as they're on my backlog, but in the timeline there's about several hundred years between the two games' events and with the exception of Beyond Divinity (which is meant to be a direct sequel to Divine Divinity) each game lets you know enough about the lore that you don't have to play any of the others.

Though if you did want to play the series in timeline order, this is how you'd do it:

0. Dragon Commander (entirely optional, because none of it will come up later)

1. Original Sin

2. Divine Divinity

3. Beyond Divinity

4. Original Sin 2

5. Divinity 2

Perfect. I think I might go backwards with them and play the second and then if I enjoy that then I might go back and play the first one as well.

Also, I love that @OctoberRaven is part of the conversation where I mention that I hate first person games and then proceeds to recommend a shit ton of First person games 😛