Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

@RPS Phantom Doctrine is 80% off now, if you haven't gotten it yet.

Also on sale dirt cheap, Starcrawlers, a really good... well, not quite cyberpunk... spacepunk, I guess? But basically, it's Shadowrun in space with dungeon crawling. Right now only two bucks, and the only reason not to get it is if you already have it.

@RPS making sure you get the notify

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RPS said:

Yep. It is not optimised for the beginning of the game. Back end is so easy.

Who is your usual squad? Mine is Axiom, Godmother, Torque, and Verge. I always try to have Torque and Axiom on my team at all times because Axioms ability to do two melee attacks every two or so turns is amazing and Torque has a breach acid spit that hits 100% of time on targets she can see during breach and adds poison. 

My usual go to is Axiom (adrenaline surge is awesome. He self regenerates. He's a straight up beast), Blueblood (shooting twice a round is awesome), Terminal (I like the healing, cooperation to give Axiom more shots) and usually Godmother since I love shotguns.

I just started on my 3rd gang last night.

Also, is the game super buggy for you? Animations not playing, playing wrong, damage popping when it shouldn't, floating characters and I even had a full crash once. Also had Torque bind someone in the air, above an area they couldn't stand on.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

My usual go to is Axiom (adrenaline surge is awesome. He self regenerates. He's a straight up beast), Blueblood (shooting twice a round is awesome), Terminal (I like the healing, cooperation to give Axiom more shots) and usually Godmother since I love shotguns.

I just started on my 3rd gang last night.

Also, is the game super buggy for you? Animations not playing, playing wrong, damage popping when it shouldn't, floating characters and I even had a full crash once. Also had Torque bind someone in the air, above an area they couldn't stand on.

the game crashes very often. it is buggy af. 

Really enjoying my gaming laptop so far!

I've sunk 20 odd hours into Wreckfest since purchase, made a start on Green Hell which is excellent but difficult, had a few co-op sessions of Moving Out with the fiancee, and have played the first few hours of American Fugitive as well which has been more than value for the few quid I paid for it.

I haven't really got an FM game started yet, either, which will undoubtedly take up a lot of time when I do eventually play. And then there's TEW which I may get down the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I've sunk 20 odd hours into Wreckfest since purchase, made a start on Green Hell which is excellent but difficult, had a few co-op sessions of Moving Out with the fiancee, and have played the first few hours of American Fugitive as well which has been more than value for the few quid I paid for it.

I haven't really got an FM game started yet, either, which will undoubtedly take up a lot of time when I do eventually play. And then there's TEW which I may get down the road.

It's a fun thing to be able to play new games at "automatically not ass" settings, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Anachronox and the DE games alone make that a steal.

I'm torn on that one. I've already got Just Cause 2 and 3, as well as Sleeping Dogs and two of the Tomb Raider games, and I'm not familiar enough with any of the other games to know how good they actually are. Just not sure whether I'd actually play any of them.

I'm not familiar with a lot of those games. But I did love K&L and Sleeping Dogs. 

Can't remember if Rise of the Tomb Raider was the one I played, and I remember getting pissed off at Just Cause 3's rubbish loading times. Not sure if it's that much of an issue on PC though.

I think the big draw, at least for me, is the amount of old Eidos games. EDIT: Oh, and the Deus Ex games are all good.

3 hours ago, Naitch said:

I'm torn on that one. I've already got Just Cause 2 and 3, as well as Sleeping Dogs and two of the Tomb Raider games, and I'm not familiar enough with any of the other games to know how good they actually are. Just not sure whether I'd actually play any of them.

All the Deus Ex games except the Fall are great, and Anachronox is a criminally underrated gem.

I'm considering the bundle myself for Just Cause and K&L series. Maybe Dungeon Siege. I've got such a backlog, though! But it's for charity!

Oh shit there's DLC in Just Cause 3 that gives you fucking mecha fuck it I'm innnnnnn

• Like 1

On 08/05/2020 at 23:47, Baddar said:

What gaming laptop did you get? Been looking into one for a while but with the wedding and the house move it's on the backburner. I just don't really know a lot about gaming laptops. 

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

What gaming laptop did you get? Been looking into one for a while but with the wedding and the house move it's on the backburner. I just don't really know a lot about gaming laptops. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-omen-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-gtx-1660-ti-512-gb-ssd-10193666-pdt.html

Got mine from HP directly though.

47 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I also got one relatively recently. $1000 USD is a good starting point to look at.

I got a Lenovo Legion myself when my old laptop died. Runs great, but I needed to run a third-party app to keep it from using the chipset's turbo boost feature (which is basically overclocking... chipset-maker-approved overclocking but still oveclocking) as it made the laptop run super hot. I'm able to run most games I've played on it on highest settings without, so it's not really an issue.

I urge anyone who hasn't played Green Hell to buy it if survival games are your thing. 

It's hard, even on the lower difficulties when you're heading in blind, but it feels really rewarding going out on a run for food/materials and managing to get back, which isn't always easy when you're me and can't read co-ordinates properly. 😂

I spent about 3 hours on it this afternoon, building a new base (which you need to save the game), hunting for food and finding the plants needed to craft bandages for out in the wild.