Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

4 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Goose games.

Untitled ones preferably.

Anything XCOM like, I will check out Chimera Squad obviously.  Definitely need to get a Civilization game, interested in other things of that type.   Going to check out Total War Warhammer while it’s free as well.  So RTS and 4X type games 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

My stimulus check went towards a much needed new computer and I figured I might as well go the gaming route with it.  HP Pavilion 15, nothing too fancy

UfMk8CB.gif

Anyway, Crusader Kings 2 so we can have new voices in the "Mick and I occasionally shitpost about our AGOT games" thread.

24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Oh I’ve done CK2 and the GOT mod many times already, I’m in that thread somewhere

In that case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯because CK2 is as far as I got in the genre.

Universe Sandbox is a good shout if you're feeling like a kinda-sadistic shit eager on cleansing the Earth via moons orbiting in arbitrary directions and such.

Contrary to the news posted previously, Shogun 2 will be free from 27th April to 1st May. That's definitely one to hold out for.

If you've got GamePass Ultimate, you get plenty of PC games as part of the subscription. Gears Tactics, which is a lot like XCOM, will be part of the service when the game launches on 28th April.

I’ve also got an Xbox which I have gamepass through and which I’ve got both XComs on, but thank you for the offer Meacon

• Like 1

Anyone else tried 'The Procession to Calvary' on Steam?

It's pretty good fun. Imagine a Monkey Island-style point-n-click game made entirely out of Renaissance art, making the whole thing seem rather like a piece of Monty Python animation.

(NB. Although you are able to 'solve' many of your puzzles by murdering the person in front of you, this is not advisable if you want the game to last very long...)

16 hours ago, Maxx said:

Untitled ones preferably.

Anything XCOM like, I will check out Chimera Squad obviously.  Definitely need to get a Civilization game, interested in other things of that type.   Going to check out Total War Warhammer while it’s free as well.  So RTS and 4X type games 

Of the Civ games I still think that Civ IV is the best. Your mileage may vary.

I've been getting back into StarCraft 2 recently. It's free to play if you just want to play the original campaign and multiplayer.

22 hours ago, Maxx said:

My stimulus check went towards a much needed new computer and I figured I might as well go the gaming route with it.  HP Pavilion 15, nothing too fancy but should be able to run all the PC only games I’ve been missing out on.

I welcome recommendations

They Are Billions is a great RTS not mentioned. 

5 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Of the Civ games I still think that Civ IV is the best. Your mileage may vary.

I've been getting back into StarCraft 2 recently. It's free to play if you just want to play the original campaign and multiplayer.

Civ 4 or 5 are great games, almost completely distinct from each other in so many ways I cannot compare them.

I took out a small loan to get a gaming laptop. Really looking forward to it arriving this afternoon. I've always wanted a laptop/desktop capable of running games. The ability to easily move it between places made me lean towards the laptop. 

I used CDKeys to buy Wreckfest for around 12 quid the other day, so I'll be installing that ASAP, as well as FM2020 as part of Game Pass. 

One little bonus was that I had an email from Intel, giving me RDR2 for free because of my purchase. Although I'm in no rush to install that, as I've already played it, and if I did play it online, would more than likely do so on PS4 with the other half. 

Looking forward to trying one or two games I wouldn't normally play in the near future. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

I took out a small loan to get a gaming laptop. Really looking forward to it arriving this afternoon. I've always wanted a laptop/desktop capable of running games. The ability to easily move it between places made me lean towards the laptop.

Whatcha pick up?

16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

What’s the consensus on Civ 6?

It's fine, although it takes some getting used to if you've come from a previous game in the series. With the expansions, it's a deeper game than Civ 5 was, if that matters to you.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

What’s the consensus on Civ 6?

I was not a fan. I have played Civ 3, 4 and 5. I found the graphical UI dated and ugly. I did not find it (or the systems of the game) intuitive. Me and my partner would play hot seat Civ 4 and 5 games for hours and hours. Neither of us found Civilization 6 compelling or interesting. In Civilization 5, you could have mega cities that had a number of integral and important buildings or facets to it. Civilization 6 makes you strategically which buildings to build. Also, the process of exhausting turns to create a builder, only to than have to spend turns to than build the building in question makes the games a bit slower and not in an interesting way. Just my opinion.