Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 12/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

GTAV is half off on Steam right now. $14.99.

I bought this if anyone wants to play. Pretty sure I'm CloudStrife888 on Rockstar's Social Club or what the hell ever it's called. I thought I had transferred my old PS3 character over to this Social Club account, but I may have transferred it to my brother's account. So I had to start new. I'm a nice, shiny, level 3.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I still haven't ever played GTA Online. Is it fun when you play alone? Same question for Red Dead Online.

Completely honest answer?

No, in no way is GTA Online a fun experience on your own. At best it's middling and boring, at worst it's a toxic childish mess where some asshole with a stupid flying bike decides to make your experience a living hell.

It's a game experience based around having to spend a shitload of real money to get fun toys, or you need to grind insane amount of hours. It's frustrating in a group of friends, I wouldn't even bother on your own.

You could look into FiveM, which is a custom multiplayer service where you can go into private servers, they tend to be MUCH less toxic and better managed, depending on the kind of server you look for. But that's still very much a janky buggy mess, so it's not all perfect.

But honestly, hands down, don't play GTA Online on your own, and maybe play it with a group.

• Like 3

Uncovered a couple of gems, I've been playing a lot of Battle Brothers the last few days which is a roguelike, turn based version of Mount and Blade which sees you running a mercenary company in a randomly generated world which has an element of one more turnitis where I find myself giving it another go after I've inevitably bit off more than I can chew and got into a bad situation, hunting a band of orcs while my shield wall are recovering from injuries after being ambushed by barbarians for example. Simple to get into but a lot nuances that make it really good.

Another one I'm really enjoying is two separate games that combine together (although they don't have to) which is Field of Glory 2 (and Empires) It's based on a tabletop historical wargame and it feels like it with needing to employ realistic tactics to try and get the most out of troop choices and so on. Had a couple of really tense two hour + battles. What's really drawn me in is the separate Field of Glory Empires, which is a grand strategy title. It's built around the death of Alexander the Great and his successors and rolling on with you choosing a faction and trying to grow culturally, militarily and so on developing your empire from anywhere from Spain to India in a standard grand strategy turn based style where all turns are processed simultaneously. How they work together is that you can export the battles to the battle game (although you can have them simulated in game and the auto resolve doesn't seem too bad) and then bring the results across. I was a bit hesitant about having to switch games but it auto saves and moves you across automatically and doesn't seem to take longer than loading a battle in Total War or similar. 

Alongside Deathmaster Snikch coming to Warhammer:Total War I'm finding it hard to juggle all games at the moment!

• Like 1

Speaking of Warhammer: Total War (well, the second one), thanks for the recommendation. I've been playing it recently and enjoy the fantasy elements despite my ignorance of the Warhammer lore. It's a nice change of pace to the usual Total War formula that makes it feel a bit fresher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Speaking of Warhammer: Total War (well, the second one), thanks for the recommendation. I've been playing it recently and enjoy the fantasy elements despite my ignorance of the Warhammer lore. It's a nice change of pace to the usual Total War formula that makes it feel a bit fresher.

Hey dude do you want a key for the first TW:W? It'll unlock Mortal Empires in TW:W2 (bigger campaign map with all the factions from the first game, barring DLC). I have a spare key to give :)

16 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

Hey dude do you want a key for the first TW:W? It'll unlock Mortal Empires in TW:W2 (bigger campaign map with all the factions from the first game, barring DLC). I have a spare key to give :)

That's very generous, but I already have it from a Humble Bundle. I'm sure someone else here will make good use of it, though.

Glad you've got into it despite not knowing the lore, it's always one of those things that's hard to judge for someone who is already into the setting and variations thereof (Blood Bowl being the best board game ever made in my own opinion) but thought it would be okay, I understand how the fanboy moments like seeing Boris Todbringer marching an army towards you won't necessarily "click" but it does seem to be easily accessible and as you've said the fantasy change of place and the fact that not only are all the various armies different in their own ways but subfactions within them all have different things around them there feels like enough variation and a fantasy feel that makes it cross over nicely. I suspect the influx of people who gave it a go as a fantasy Total War game that is a big part in why Games Workshop have decided to reopen the universe and game world they'd previously killed off. For my part it encouraged me to pick up some of the novels from "the world that was" and really enjoying them having not really been interested before.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

We. The Revolution is 50% off. I’ve had it sitting on my wishlist for like a year now. @AnTEOLnio Inoki have you played that one? Someone on my friends list has it and I think it was you.

I haven't but I want to.

On 31/03/2020 at 20:10, Bobfoc said:

The latest Humble Bundle has about a bajillion games and ebooks, and most of them are good. The money raised all goes to help the effort against the coronavirus.

That is a banging line-up. I've just picked it all up but have some of the games already so once I've gone through I'll have some games going free to folk who want 'em.

EDIT: Okay here's the games I already have and their Steam codes. First come, first served basis but please don't be greedy.

Undertale || 55LEI-0Z5E0-MBA2X
Killing Floor 2 || 4RGIG-ZGVGV-BJ0I0
Sniper Elite 3 || 4VALT-PPCAX-0AYEL
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons || 4P5QB-XM6K6-KFW0N
Broken Age || 4I6LG-78JKF-LZBE7
Brutal Legend || LDQAY-N9XE0-CKABZ
Psychonauts || IZIDQ-ARG6R-CG8CB
Tropico 4 || 4JHKG-MTFJR-XJG0K
World of Goo || 4EMNE-2WM2D-6K43V
Europa Universalis IV || 4JAHB-KDGRH-QVB6D
VVVVVV || 45J7W-7TKM3-GCEZP
Super Hexagon || 4C7IC-2FLTP-IV5LH