Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Well, besides the fact that it's going to look like everything else? And that layout is better meant for platforms like mobile and smart TVs where you don't have a mouse?

It's a pointless decision because there was nothing wrong with the current design. If anything needs an overhaul it's the store design, but they shouldn't be fucking boring about it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If anything, I'd rather see a re-do of the store, profile and badges pages. 

Profile could be better too, yeah.

ANYWAY I've been playing Witcher 1 and... the combat is noooot great. I'm sure the future installments are better at it though. Story is great but I really worry about the grind for coin.

Also my headcanon is Geralt became a Witcher solely so he can sleep with every woman he can without having to worry about kids.

• Like 3

Don't worry about the grind, it's classic rpg where if you run through most quests you'll be swimming in cash well before the end.

Also, yeah, W1 even at the time was a rough gem with a bit shit graphics and a weird fighting system. W2 does a lot to change that, although some people utterly loathe that game's fighting system because it removed the ability to just mash your way through mobs...

Unless you tank those speed potions and roll around like a crack addicted sonic.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Are there any good WW1 games out there? Don't want one that is similar to Company of Heroes, but more like Call of Duty or Gears of War, in terms of playstyle.

Battlefield 1 is supposed to be decent if you're into those kinds of games.

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Are there any good WW1 games out there? Don't want one that is similar to Company of Heroes, but more like Call of Duty or Gears of War, in terms of playstyle.

If you're looking for more run and gun action, Battlefield 1 will give you the most bang for your buck. If you want a more hardcore 'you get shot, you're dead' experience, try either Verdun (Western Front) or Tannenberg (Eastern Front) and experience era appropriate horrors in the comfort of your own home.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is pretty rad. It's original Fallout, but set in the distant year of 2005 and in Russia, 19 years after nukes dropped on all the people.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/ATOM_RPG_Postapocalyptic_indie_game/

6 hours ago, Dickon Manwoody said:
download-white.png
download-white.png

Session is officially in Early Access :w00t:
Laptop can't run it :(

*looks at specs*

• Additional Notes: Your experience with Session will be best at higher FPS. Lower graphic settings to help if you're getting low FPS.

Shocking.

13 hours ago, Meacon said:

I think I've asked before, but does anyone have or play or know of any good boxing manager sims other than the ones on Steam? They don't look they great. But I'd love to have something like WMMA for boxing. 

@Liam calling you out since I think you’re one of the bigger boxing fans here.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

@Liam calling you out since I think you’re one of the bigger boxing fans here.

I know there are some of the web-based ones where you manage a gym that some people really enjoy, but other than that, I feel it is an area that either is sorely lacking in good games, or I'm just not aware of them. It is a shame either way.

Having looked around, the best bet might be to get one on a mobile phone. There seems to be better options when it comes to that. For example:

https://leatherthegame.com/

Edited by Liam
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I’d be up for a game where you either manage one boxer, a whole gym, or be an actual promoter. Either way, I guess the demand isn’t high enough because that seems like a sports management game that would already be out if there was.

The mobile game Liam posted looks promising. I’d still prefer something for my laptop though. :( 

• Like 1

i like boxing sims, whether its managing a boxer or just simulating matchups and maybe planning strategies. Used to have a good text-based one a long ass time ago that came off a PC Gamer disk that was really good, but can't remember the name. I simmed Ali vs. Tyson matches a lot, usually with Mills Lane as the ref. Ali won most of the time.