Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Playing through XCOM again, this time with the Enemy Within mod and a bunch of the second wave options - want to play my way through again before embarking on XCOM 2

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

I actually think I slightly preferred Enemy Unknown/Within to XCOM 2. The bit in within where your base gets invaded was annoying, though.

Yeah I am kind of dreading that - although I am on the mission I fear the most at the moment; the whaling ship one...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

That was a sod too. Chryssalids are annoying at the best of times, let alone when they're all over the place. Archangel armour makes it a lot easier, however.

I am playing on Marathon mode and I am fairly early in the game (my guns all still use bullets, like the peasants we are) - I am rolling with 3 heavies with grenades, 1 assault with a grenade, and 1 assault with nano-fiber armor (which is the only one at nickname level yet) - trying to meticulously sweep each area before I approach the ship, so far, so good...

4 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Playing through XCOM again, this time with the Enemy Within mod and a bunch of the second wave options - want to play my way through again before embarking on XCOM 2

I'm playing XCOM 2 right now. Play it WOTC. It is a fantastic game. 

• Like 2

I'm super excited for it, bought it 2 years ago but found out my pc couldn't handle it but now we are good to go!

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I'm playing XCOM 2 right now. Play it WOTC. It is a fantastic game. 

10 hours ago, JMarushin said:

I'm super excited for it, bought it 2 years ago but found out my pc couldn't handle it but now we are good to go!

Check out FTL if you never did. Similar conceit to the XCOM games on a small scale. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

Check out FTL if you never did. Similar conceit to the XCOM games on a small scale. 

I may have to do that! I have Xenonauts as well and that has been ok in the little bit I have played.

58 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

I may have to do that! I have Xenonauts as well and that has been ok in the little bit I have played.

FTL is usually dirt cheap at Steam Sales, so wait for the summer one. Let me know how much you like XCOM 2 when you start it.

• Thanks 1

Oh man, so much love for the Xcom games.

My only sadness is wondering what happened to my original soldiers in between games. Didn’t rename him, but Major Fernando “Nuke” Torres was my only survivor from the tutorial, and led the line in the very last mission. I sure hope he joined the rebellion somewhere 😢

0r4gvlG.jpg

• Like 1

I kinda want to get back into American Truck Simulator but they've since released to more state expansions. I own them but the issue is I feel like I've fallen behind on the game and it'll take forever to catch up, so I probably won't play. This is why I will never complete my collection.

16 hours ago, Rocky Champ Champ said:

I kinda want to get back into American Truck Simulator but they've since released to more state expansions. I own them but the issue is I feel like I've fallen behind on the game and it'll take forever to catch up, so I probably won't play. This is why I will never complete my collection.

Wake me up when they have an expansion for the crazy ass Northeast. Truckers don't know diddly until they're driving an eighteen wheeler through the streets of the Bronx. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd ask if there's a Florida mod, but then I realized I could put a GTA game in and use the NPC rioting cheat for a more accurate experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1