Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

39 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Be prepared for "Today I castrated a two week old baby" to be a not entirely inappropriate thing you say.

Sometimes I play CKII and something new will surprise me. I've yet to have that one, though.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 13:08, RPS said:

My better half is getting into RTS games. Outside Warcraft and Starcraft, what should I tell him to play.

Well, i've got just the game for you.

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/z-2uk

You can play it in your browser and a little know how of MS-DOS to configure the sound.

RTS game from 1996. Pretty basic and easy to pick up. You're the red team, and all you need to do is take the blue teams base, with some added comedy. @9 to 5 recommends it.

• Like 3

Playing ME2 and the bad guys are all like

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Man, I really want to see Elcor Hamlet. All fourteen hours of it.

I did this. I call it "Space Oddity but it's Mass Effect".

Spoiler

Alliance Command to Commander Shepard
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Alliance Command to Commander Shepard (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Alliance Command to Commander Shepard
You've really made the grade
And the Extranet want to know whose Omni-Tool you wear
Now it's time to leave the shuttle if you dare

This is Commander Shepard to Alliance Command
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the Relay
My girlfriend's skin is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand lightyears
I'm feeling very still
And I think the Normandy knows which way to go
Tell Liara I love her very much (she knows)

Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Commander Shepard?
Can you

Here am I floating 'round my tin can
Far above the Relay
My girlfriend's skin is blue
And there's nothing I can do

• Like 3

Finished ME2

Spoiler

Played full-blown Renegade as Commander Commander Shepard would still be a ruthless soldier. Lost nobody in the final mission. Stayed loyal to her lover Liara. Never trusted Cerberus or the Cigarette Smok- I mean Illusive Man, and ended up screwing them over at the end.

Also strip mined basically the entire galaxy because why not.

Playing Shenmue for the first time and holy shit that girl tells a guy whose dad just died to be more cheerful what the fuck girl.

Can I rant about Rimworld for a minute? Been trying the naked brutality scenario lately. First time, using the prepare carefully mod, made a character that had good shooting, cooking, construction, and growing skills. Got an pretty good colony going, up to three people. One died one rescue mission. Oops. Second died after being hunted by a cougar. Got another person to join. He was attacked by a man hunting muffalo. While he was downed, I stupidly tried to draw away the muffalo with my first character but he was downed too. Time to start over.

This time,  I decided to try a cannibal. Had a pretty good start, lots of food, was pretty good defensive wise. Had a second character join who was also a cannibal. She was a great researcher but was also non-violent. Sent my first guy off to do a quick mining job on the far side of the map. And had a wild boar go into man hunter mode, heading right for him. Probably could have ran away, but I thought I could fight him off. I was wrong. My guy went down. The boar went off on his way. Thought I could save him using the non-violent character. She picked him up, was almost to the base, and the boar came back. She couldn't get away and the boar killed her.

Oh well. Going to try the lost tribe this time.

Was looking for a pleasant puzzle or sandbox sort of game (as a change from all my super-cereal strategy or RPG sort of games) and ended up with Gorogoa. It was fun, and very nicely put together. Really short though - I think it took me about an hour in total to finish the game (one of its secret achievements is to do it in under 30 minutes).

When you complete the main game, you unlock the original demo they made in 2012. It's basically the first half of the game again (maybe 40%), with a few differences. I do have to wonder if you had played that demo for free and *then* forked out c.£11 for maybe 30 minutes' extra content, you might feel a little ripped off...! But hey, I liked it.

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Was looking for a pleasant puzzle or sandbox sort of game (as a change from all my super-cereal strategy or RPG sort of games) and ended up with Gorogoa. It was fun, and very nicely put together. Really short though - I think it took me about an hour in total to finish the game (one of its secret achievements is to do it in under 30 minutes).

Poly Bridge is pretty fun if you want a puzzle game. Sometimes it is on sale and only a couple of quid, well worth it.

• Like 1