Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I don't dislike it, mind, and my character's signature talent is pretty neat. And I'm only a little bit in so far (just beat the first boss battle). I'm giving it a go for a bit longer but I'm just not as into it as I am similar games I played recently (Deus Ex: IW and Return to Castle Wolfenstein).

Yeah Borderlands wasn't particularly spectacular when it came out. The things that stood out for it was the 4-player coop with very nice and fun classes to synergize with (especially on higher levels where you needed all the flexibility to beat overpowered mooks), and the loot-fest where you get a gun every two seconds.

Both things have been improved upon greatly by other games, both in the Borderlands franchise and outside of it. So nowadays it kinda doesn't hold up, and must mostly be seen at as the progenitor of things that are now ubiquitous in gaming.

Still, find a few mates, go run through the game with the four of you, and just enjoy the dumb zany comedy of the game. That has always been the best way to enjoy the game.

Well even if I had three mates to play with me, it'd probably have to be LAN because the multiplayer servers appear to be dead.

Does anyone know how to get Final Fantasy games to run on a 2nd monitor? I may only be having this issue because my 2nd monitor is technically a small TV, but if, for example, I try to move the FF VIII window over to my 2nd monitor it's all distorted and and bits of it are cut off. Similarly, if I change it to run in windowed mode, it cuts off the bottom portion of the game. I'd really like to play the game on my 2nd monitor / TV monitor and keep OBS running on my main monitor, but it's looking like I'll have to move OBS/Twitch chat to my 2nd monitor and play FF VIII on my main monitor. It's a minor thing, but it's annoying me rn.

EDIT: Managed to get the game to work fairly well in windowed mode on the 2nd monitor so that's how I'll play, I suppose!

Getting more into Borderlands while I'm laid up with food poisoning. Driving controls are weird cause I'm steering with the camera instead of my movement stick. Also maybe it's just me but sniper rifles don't seem to register hits when they should. On the plus side my build is slowly becoming The Tick levels of nigh invulnerable thanks to phasewalk buffs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-47484397

Rape Day game pulled by Steam platform after outcry

Rape Day, a controversial game which allows players to kill and rape women, has had its release cancelled on gaming platform Steam after thousands of people signed online petitions calling for it to be banned.

In a statement, Valve, the company which owns Steam, said it had removed the game because it "poses unknown costs and risks".

The visual novel game - where you make choices on how a story develops - was due to be released later this year. It had been listed on the Steam website promising to let players "control the choices of a menacing serial killer rapist during a zombie apocalypse".

Desk Plant, the creator of the game, has said it will look for another platform to take it

Apart from the fact that this is a terrible, terrible idea for a game, how did the creator of the game think this was going to go?

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

My guess is that they were hoping to get attention through crass controversy, and it's worked.

Reminds me of that shitty school shooter game a few months back, or that Postal wannabe Hatred a few years back. 

If you can't make a good game, make a horribly controversial one and bask in the notoriety when it gets a backlash. Any games that this developer produces in the future will have much more chance of being covered by the games media now.

Again, that's surely part of the strategy. Opposition to unpleasant content inevitably draws in the "DAMN THOSE LIBTARD SJWs CENSORING ENTERTAINMENT!" crowd, which in turn draws more attention to the source material. Hatred was universally considered to be a mechanically rubbish game, but a fair number of people bought it just because it was seen as an edgy pushback against feminazis/cucks/snowflakes/insert other silly insult here.

If Desk Plant made a visual novel about something respectable, chances are pretty much nobody would play it or even know about it. Now, with a product called "Rape Day", at the very least, they've ensured that the dark underbelly of society will support it.

I got two e-mails at about 2:30 AM this morning saying someone was trying to change my Steam password. Is there any way for me to check and make sure nothing was messed with in my account? Obviously if I don't see any activity on my PayPal, I'm happy, but I'm not sure if there's a way I can check and see if anything was done or altered? I don't know. I'm just kind of paranoid now. 

Steam Guard also lets you force log off any active sessions, just in case.

• Like 1

Finished the Borderlands main content, working on the DLC. Island of Dr Ned was hilarious, so far my favorite thing.