Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

When most people go the arcade, they win a stuffed animal.

Commander Commander Shepard goes to an arcade, wins a fucking planet.

(And an assault rifle that was objectively inferior to the ones my shore team uses)

5 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Veeeeeeery tempted to grab it on Switch, seems perfect for that format.

it is. 

I bought it on PC but it's so much better on Switch. Because the stakes are so high, it's nice to boot it up, do one mission and quit. You can technically do it on the PC, but so much easier to do on Switch.

Finished ME1. Pretty good time, but I have two major issues. Assuming spoilers aren't necessary here...

1. I nominated Captain Anderson and he says "Shepard's right, humanity needs to take control". Only no, that is not what Shepard said at all, Shepard hated the Council but believes in working with aliens. She likes aliens! And in at least two cases, loves them! But the game kept equating anti-Council as = anti-Citadel which was not consistent with what I was doing. You just made THE LIST, Anderson.

2. Okay, Joker is really good at doing Mako drops. That's totally believable. But in at least two cases the Mako is picked up from indoors. How the HELL does that happen?

Yeah, the first game does have a few screwy moments like that.

One question, though: What class is your Shepard? Some classes are more fun in 2 and 3 than others.

Also, has anyone played any of the Axis Football games? I heard there were some issues with either 16 or 17, but I just put the latest version on my wishlist. Not that I'll be buying it any time soon.....

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Yeah, the first game does have a few screwy moments like that.

One question, though: What class is your Shepard? Some classes are more fun in 2 and 3 than others

Soldier. I'll be doing a tank build for this runthrough, and probably keep trying to do classes based on who my party in 1 is going to be in subsequent runs

Ah. I played through all 3 games as Vanguard first, but also had an Infiltrator. Only ran that one through 2 and 3, though. 

The Soldier class was pretty good in ME3's multiplayer, but once I unlocked the Devastator class, I rarely used it any more. 

Fun story about ME2 (contains some spoilers):

During the Krogan trial on my Infiltrator, I was blasting the one voiced by Michael Dorn pretty good, and was going to do a cloak and headshot to finish him off. Just as I was about to fire, he turned away from me. So, I said `why not?'....and finished him off with a cloaked shot to the ass.

Now, Krogans are more or less the ME version of Klingons. So can you imagine him going to Krogan Heaven and having to tell people he died from being shot there?

Downloaded the free first episode of the Batman Telltale games first season, because I saw both seasons on sale.

Absolutely loved it. So of course the sale was over by the time I'd finished the episode and the scotish heritage in me wont let me pay the extra $30 USD it'd cost compared to the sale price. <_<

Edited by Noah

The Pathfinder game just came out... people say it's like Baulder's Gate (never played it). I'm enjoying it so far! The character creation is nice (a bunch of different races, a ton of classes with archtypes), as is the skills and decision making. Not quite sold on the combat yet. 

Mad Max is about £3 on Steam at the moment if anyone is interested.

On 26/09/2018 at 07:22, Ruki said:

people say it's like Baulder's Gate (never played it)

Baldurs Gate was just something else. If it is half as good as that then it must be decent.

On 26/09/2018 at 08:22, Ruki said:

The Pathfinder game just came out... people say it's like Baulder's Gate (never played it). I'm enjoying it so far! The character creation is nice (a bunch of different races, a ton of classes with archtypes), as is the skills and decision making. Not quite sold on the combat yet. 

Apparently most of criticisms have been towards the combat that it's punishingly hard and that the AI is gifted perfectly balanced groups of enemies that can ruin your shit before you can even do anything to protect yourself, let alone fight back.

Also, since it's based off of Pathfinder, enjoy everything being somehow tracked, because if there's one thing I know about the tabletop version is that EVERYTHING is tracked. If the character ever made an omelette, he'd probably an 'omelette creation' trait hidden somewhere.

6 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Also, since it's based off of Pathfinder, enjoy everything being somehow tracked, because if there's one thing I know about the tabletop version is that EVERYTHING is tracked. If the character ever made an omelette, he'd probably an 'omelette creation' trait hidden somewhere.

Would love to see the alpha test log of that.

Bug: Overflow of the 'drinking mead' trait turns the player character into a teetotaler.

Some really good deals on GOG for the 10th Anniversary sale that ends tomorrow.

Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 2, Another World and System Shock 2 for £3.89

Dragon Age: Origins, Owlboy and Homeworld for £7.79

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Battle Chasers: Nightwar and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun for £19.39

The Kingdom Come bundle is a huge bargain as well, as the game's historical low is £24, and this is cheaper and comes with two other games.

Thanks. I appreciate it. 

I noticed that TEOL has been playing GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS. Excellent game. One of my all-time favorites, in fact. I had it on cd back in the day, have it on my Steam wishlist at the moment, and cannot recommend it nearly enough. If you ever take my advice on a game recommendation, you couldn't go wrong with making this one it.