Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

5 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just finished the 'first night', it's a challenging game. And I have to fight my urge of just killing all the zombies since it will end badly.

Early on it's pretty challenging and even later on it's better to just avoid conflict rather than take risks. But once you start leveling up you get a few skills that make killing zombies a lot speedier for you.

Also find a good durable weapon and mod it beyond recognition.

Final tip, some modded weapons have a small light source like fire or an uv tube, I'm pretty sure it makes you more visible too.

On 06/07/2018 at 00:13, Ruki said:

Just finished the 'first night', it's a challenging game. And I have to fight my urge of just killing all the zombies since it will end badly.

The real first night is scary. Fuck those volitiles. I do like that xp is doubled.... But it's definitely risk/reward.

I tried to kick one into a spike barrel and died.

dKwKFno.jpg

Before Pickle Rick, there was Carrot Guy.

• Like 1

Does anybody want a 50% Civilization VI digital deluxe code? Just checked my Steam Inventory and seem to have a code for some reason. 

Edit: Well I did have, I can't find it in my inventory. Didn't realise they expired :(

I really want to buy Rimworld at some point but I fear the curse of the lets play/streamer.

What do I mean? Well it'd be the 3rd time I'll have bought a game via being introduced by either lets play videos or live streamers and I found both of those other 2 games way more fun to watch than actually play myself after I'd bought and played them for a while.

Edited by Noah

I have 270 hours in Rimworld and whilst my interest comes and goes with the game, it's truly one of those games that allows me to sink hours and hours into just for the satisfying tedium that is building up a colony and dealing with all the shenanigans that come from it.

Naturally it always feels that whatever happens with streamers is more interesting and exciting for some reasons, but I feel the storytellers in Rimworld is really strong in making every colony fresh and exciting, if you yourself also try your best to switch things up.

Like when I got bored with the game a bit, I started to give myself a challenge, like a full random challenge. The first three pawns the game rando's for you, then the first random spot in the world that isn't annoyingly inhospitable (ice caps, full desert). Then I get to work.

I try to use vanilla safe mods that don't break the game's balance too much, like extra crops, expanded drugs, and QoL stuff that make pawn management easier.

• Like 1

I got into Rimworld after watching a few Let's Plays. Don't have as many hours as @Jasonmufc (think I'm around 150), but I love the game. So many different ways to play it, plus tons of mods means that you shouldn't have the same game twice, ever.

• Like 1

I lost the second Mid-Boss fight in Disgaea PC and I'm glad I didn't save over my OG save data, because I didn't realize it considers losing that fight to be a "game clear" and sets you back on Episode 1. 😂 I guess I need to powerlevel some more before I fight Mid-Boss again.

I have now officially gone past the 100 hour mark playing Darkest Hour on steam.

Now I'll try being Italy in 1943. I mean things were going okay for them at that point irl right?

Edited by Noah

27 minutes ago, RPS said:

@Ruki.

Tips on Slay the Spire?

I can never win. 

Get lucky, mostly. Focus on getting as many relics as possible, since that can really alter how things go. Pick a type of deck you want to build early, and pick cards that compliment that.

My first win came with 'The Silence' or whatever it's called.... I focused heavily on Backstab (an innate card, 0 cost, that does like....10 damage?) and another innate card that gave me a 0 cost shiv each turn. With my damage attacks mostly figured out, I focused on two things: getting more energy per turn (cards like Flying Knee or whatever it's called) and poison. Poison is so strong if you can get that to stack. 

Yesterdays 'daily run' went super well for me. It was that every time you got a relic you got cursed, which sucks...but every time you get a curse you get +1 strength AND when you pick up a card, you get 3 copies. I managed to get Backstab, so starting every combat round, I had 3 backstabs that got stronger the more curses I had.