Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

6 hours ago, CrOwentia said:

Game Dev Tycoon is a fun little game, I've had it for a while now but it's very much a game that you can just go back to at any time and screw about with. I just released my own console and a game exclusive to that console, and, for some reason, it seems that over half the people that bought the game don't actually own the console...

That should be an achievement.  Name it "Breath of the Wild".

• Like 1

I just beat my first run of Slay The Spire!

Such a fun, addictive game. I won with The Silent, focusing heavily on poison (since I had a relic that would pass poison onto another enemy after another had died). Beat the last bosses with like....80 poison stacked on them.

And woah, the heart thing?! What's that about?! I did 713 damage or something

On 29/06/2018 at 16:15, CrOwentia said:

Game Dev Tycoon is a fun little game, I've had it for a while now but it's very much a game that you can just go back to at any time and screw about with. I just released my own console and a game exclusive to that console, and, for some reason, it seems that over half the people that bought the game don't actually own the console...

That game is on my want list. But I'm not sure I will be getting it any time soon.

...Are curved roads illegal in this city?

There's an s curve right there in the bottom left. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeanD McMahon said:

There's an s curve right there in the bottom left. :P

I said roads. You're allowed to have one.

• Like 1

I have a few. I play without mods for the most part and I leave anarchy disabled, so I rely on the game to snap things which makes it slightly uglier. Still, a tour!

20180702053819_1.jpg
So this is how you first come across my city. The bridge there in the background leads to this interchange which connects the outside world to a two highway merge, with one highway coming up here, from my forestry district.
20180702053840_1.jpg
So you can see two exchanges here, one into and out of the forestry district then one into and out of the oil district. The oil district is over on the right across those bridges and then on the left hand side is the edge of the relatively new downtown core.
20180702053902_1.jpg
Once you're through this exchange it's a grade level highway until you come around the bend over in the distance at my original downtown core.
20180702053925_1.jpg
While we're doing a tour, let's cross the bridge. These are both one way bridges to prevent gridlock going over water.
20180702053942_1.jpg
Then you get to the oil district, with it's super clean in and out ramps and support roads. Nice, easy, clean, with the exception of petroleum pollution.
20180702054006_1.jpg
In the background, you can see my latest creation: accident island.
20180702054023_1.jpg
It was a test: What is more powerful? One pump dumping nuclear waste into the ocean, or three pumps pumping the contaminated ocean water back into the nuclear plant to cool it anew?

I suggest you not repeat this experiment, it may contaminate your entire city with nuclear waste.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the bright side, your rights to the name Accident Island will come in handy when designing a theme park.

• Like 1

Haven't bought the Parklife DLC yet. :(

Cities: Skylines. It was 75% off on Steam when I left work, at that price its a steal.

• Like 1

Its a better version of SimCity 4. If you tried to play the most recent SimCity and somehow weren't lobotimized, this is roughly a 1000fold improvement on that pile of hot garbage.

• Like 2

Cities: Skylines is a weird one, because it was made by the developers that made the public transport sim Cities in Motion 1/2, and there's a lot of shades of those games in Cities: Skylines. Traffic is simulated to an extreme, and you're arguably going to be working on the perfect intersection as much as you're going to be building city blocks and making the perfect city in function and aesthetic.

On 30/06/2018 at 20:08, Ruki said:

I just beat my first run of Slay The Spire!

Such a fun, addictive game. I won with The Silent, focusing heavily on poison (since I had a relic that would pass poison onto another enemy after another had died). Beat the last bosses with like....80 poison stacked on them.

Hide contents

And woah, the heart thing?! What's that about?! I did 713 damage or something

Any suggestions on games I should pick up, Ruki? I think our tastes align pretty well.