Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

This probably won't appeal to many people because a lot of us already own some of these games, but there's a 50-game charity bundle available at Green Man Gaming right now. There's a lot of good stuff in there, and I think it would be great for people looking to get into PC gaming for the first time. Unfortunately, the UK and Europe are getting shafted on the exchange rate as it's 50 dollars/pounds/euros.

Decided I wanted to play XCom Enemy Within last night since I bought it with the original XCOM and only beat the original.  For some dumb reason I had to uninstall the game and reinstall so it would open.  What a waste of two hours.  I might buy XCOM2 after I beat this.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

This probably won't appeal to many people because a lot of us already own some of these games, but there's a 50-game charity bundle available at Green Man Gaming right now. There's a lot of good stuff in there, and I think it would be great for people looking to get into PC gaming for the first time. Unfortunately, the UK and Europe are getting shafted on the exchange rate as it's 50 dollars/pounds/euros.

• Crusader Kings II - The best medieval crazy-story generator ever made. Marry your cousin, kill them off, fail, then get mysteriously killed yourself and have your wife take over. 

Pffft, amateurs. You're supposed to marry your sisters to keep the bloodline as pure as possible.

Also, good lord the mobile versiom of the site is horrible, should't have to click Read More more than once to read the games included. Still a great deal overall.

Sounds fishy yeah.

Anyway, decided to give Mass Effect a fair go.

20180902202225_1.jpg?width=832&height=46

"Name?"

"Commander Shepard."

"Your first name?"

"...Commander."

"....That's your rank."

"And also my name. Ever heard of people who named their kid Doctor? It's like that."

"Why they didn't they name you Admiral?"

"That's my older brother. I also have siblings named Captain and Technician First Class"

"Isn't Technician First Class basically a janitor?"

"They didn't have high expectations for him."

• Like 3

Mass Effect is a great franchise, but you should know that they changed the game mechanics (and what the classes can do....sort of) each game. I'm glad they didn't keep the system from the first, because the ammo situation was awful. Of the 3 games, the second is my favorite. (Best thing about the third is the multiplayer.)

That's fine.

Also if you're wondering about which alignment I'm going for, let's just say that Commander Commander Shepard's favorite Styx song isn't Mr Roboto or Come Sail Away.

I forgot how fun some of the Mount and Blade Warband mods are. Blood and Steel has a barbarian class, that gives your character a legendary weapon, a shield, 63 Strength, 63 Agility and nothing else. You zoom around the battlefield pretty much, tanking most enemies.

Undead units can go get fucked though.

• Like 1