Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

Any suggestions on games I should pick up, Ruki? I think our tastes align pretty well. 

I was having quite a bit of fun with Moonlighter before I got sucked into Slay The Spire.

By night, it's a dungeon crawler...go in, kill monsters, collect loot. By day....you sell everything you found! It's challenging, but not painfully so. Plus, selling things is just fun for me for some reason.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

I was having quite a bit of fun with Moonlighter before I got sucked into Slay The Spire.

By night, it's a dungeon crawler...go in, kill monsters, collect loot. By day....you sell everything you found! It's challenging, but not painfully so. Plus, selling things is just fun for me for some reason.

I'm gonna grab it on Switch. have you played into the breach? 

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

I've not. But it seems like one of the games that would be up my alley! 

I feel like we have near identical tastes in indie games.

• Like 1

I downloaded into the breach but I couldn't get a chance to play it. I'll let you know if it is good kissing partner... I mean Ruki.

• Like 1

qdrCjTD.jpg

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I downloaded into the breach but I couldn't get a chance to play it. I'll let you know if it is good kissing partner... I mean Ruki.

Cool! Some other indie games I've enjoyed:

-Darkest Dungeon

-Halcyon 6 (need to play that more, a little challenging)

-OneShot (this one was really cool)

-Oxenfree

-Undertale

-Hand of Fate might be up your alley.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

What game is that?

Divinity II (not to be confused with Divinity: Original Sin II). Pretty neat RPG and sequel to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Don't need to have played them to get the storyline but it helps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

I just picked up Dying Light. I heard it was a pretty fantastic game. 

It was top notch, and the last year of updates from out of the blue from the developer was unprecedented. Their DLC area changed up the game entirely too.

Random musing: While the original Deus Ex was groundbreaking in a lot of ways, I really had a hard time getting into the story. Especially since the anti-UNATCO argument basically boils down to "THE ROCKEFELLERS, MAN!". And even if you side with UNATCO they decide to terminate you because... reasons.

Also Tracer Tong was insufferable, his plan was pants-on-head stupid, and I pretty much joined the Illuminati at the end out of sheer spite for him.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

12 hours ago, Ruki said:

Cool! Some other indie games I've enjoyed:

-Darkest Dungeon

-Halcyon 6 (need to play that more, a little challenging)

-OneShot (this one was really cool)

-Oxenfree

-Undertale

-Hand of Fate might be up your alley.

• I loved Darkest Dungeon until Wolves at the Door killed my entire elite squad. I have not played it since, but i will get back into it eventually. 
  • OneShot & Halcyon 6 - no idea what this is, but I will check it out. 
  • Played both Oxenfree and Undertale, love them both. 
  • Hand of Fate I was interested in until I played Slay the Spire. Slay seems much more fair and fun. 
11 hours ago, Ruki said:

I loved it for everything but combat. And you are forced into combat. The parkour mechanics are amazing. Unfortunately, the game really forces you in to combat in by the mid game. Also, there is a night game mechanic that is added later on pretty early in the game, that I felt was bullshit, stressful and detracted from my love of the game. 

• Like 1

OneShot is puzzle game with a super cute main character. The story is interesting...and the puzzles get pretty 'out of the box' thinking near the end. Highly suggest giving it a try!

Game Dev Tycoon: Made my first perfect 10 game (with this current game studio, anyway) and it was an RPG. Of course.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2018 at 21:47, Ruki said:

Just finished the 'first night', it's a challenging game. And I have to fight my urge of just killing all the zombies since it will end badly.