Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 14/07/2018 at 03:45, Owen said:

God damn library sharing stopping working for absolutely no reason. Steam is rubbish sometimes.

It started working again! And then I tried to play another game and it stopped working again. GREAT.

Just finished Dying Light. It was a pretty good game! I'm excited for the sequel. I was iffy about the parkour to begin with, but it grew on me...as did the combat (eventually being able to camo + stealth kill made a lot of the game easy).

The last mission though was kind of really annoying. 

6 hours ago, iAmRockyFeller said:

@Owen

This is probably a dumb question but is the owner of the game you're playing opening a game on steam forcing yours to close down? 

Nope, he’s not even online. Tells me he needs to log in to my machine again despite the fact that when it worked before he didn’t have to do that again or anything

Mega Man X collection has been released this week. If you ever missed the original MMX now's the time to get it because MMX1 was the best Mega Man game.

On 18/07/2018 at 21:41, Ruki said:

Two Point Hospital has a release date of August 30th!!!

But the price is a little high 😕

I thought that. I've added it to my wishlist, so will wait for a sale. It's a must-have, just maybe not at release. 

On 17/07/2018 at 11:41, Ruki said:

Get lucky, mostly. Focus on getting as many relics as possible, since that can really alter how things go. Pick a type of deck you want to build early, and pick cards that compliment that.

My first win came with 'The Silence' or whatever it's called.... I focused heavily on Backstab (an innate card, 0 cost, that does like....10 damage?) and another innate card that gave me a 0 cost shiv each turn. With my damage attacks mostly figured out, I focused on two things: getting more energy per turn (cards like Flying Knee or whatever it's called) and poison. Poison is so strong if you can get that to stack. 

Yesterdays 'daily run' went super well for me. It was that every time you got a relic you got cursed, which sucks...but every time you get a curse you get +1 strength AND when you pick up a card, you get 3 copies. I managed to get Backstab, so starting every combat round, I had 3 backstabs that got stronger the more curses I had. 

beat it. finally. 

• Like 1

Playing Shadowrun Hong Kong.

I really need to stop trying to build street sams in the Shadowrun CRPGs. I'm leaving my childhood best friend behind because he's also a street sam but also because the rigger of our team can pretty much murder everything with his spider droid with a fucking cannon attached to it.

22 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Shadowrun Hong Kong.

I really need to stop trying to build street sams in the Shadowrun CRPGs. I'm leaving my childhood best friend behind because he's also a street sam but also because the rigger of our team can pretty much murder everything with his spider droid with a fucking cannon attached to it.

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds really cool

18 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds really cool

Shadowrun is an RPG setting, originally Tabletop but with video game adaptations, set in a future where corporations are sovereign empires that control pretty much the entire world. And all of them are corrupt, constantly waging wars against each other, and hire mercenaries to do their dirty work. All in the future, so there's cybernetics and internet access through your brain and sports that involve gangs literally fighting each other with motorcycles and baseball bats.

Oh, and the world goes through cycles of magic awakening and dormancy and on Dec 12 2012 magic awoke and people suddenly turned into elves and dwarves and orks literally overnight, people can use magic, and there's fucking dragons now, one actually becomes President of the United Canadian and American States (for an hour), and one is basically Vladimir Putin crossed with Smaug.

Players are the aforementioned mercenaries, who do everything from breaking and entering to steal prototype tech to kidnapping researchers to outright assassinations, while trying not to get killed either by their targets, their employers, or both.

The US has been divided into like five countries and some of it was absorbed into Aztlan (basically a reborn Aztec Empire, complete with ritual death games), Japan is the strongest non-corporate economy (to the point where the nuyen is the world currency) while also being extremely fascist (nonhumans are usually killed in infancy if they're lucky), and other countries that havent been taken over outright by corporations are either heavily influenced by them, in complete anarchy, or are uninhabitable wastelands. Open gang warfare, black markets, and rolling blackouts are part of everyday life for anyone not a corporate citizen... and most corporate citizens are effectively serfs who can get terminated, jailed, or killed at any time for any reason.

Oh yeah and the police are all privatized and insanely corrupt, and ambulances (also privatized, but somehow one of the least corrupt corporations) will go in with ARMED RESPONSE to protect their clients... unless they're in corporate land then you're fucked.

And Steam has three amazing games based on the franchise

• Like 1

Starting the Deluxe Edition bonus story in Shadowrun: Hong Kong and... holy shit, this is brilliant stuff.

Completed Inside yesterday. In had the strangest ending to a game that I have ever played, although I thoroughly enjoyed it. The graphics and the lighting in particular are astonishingly good and the physics are probably the best I have ever seen in a game. 

Would definitely recommend it if nobody has played. It's available on the EA Origin vault section.  

Another reason to love the Shadowrun CRPGs:

Spoiler

In Hong Kong's bonus campaign, you can hack a HKPF motor pool to turn the parked cars there into explosives. Activated from your PDA.

Cop: "They're falling back! We've got them where we want th- wait why is their street samurai on hi-" *DIES BY EXPLODING ARMORED TRUCK*

My next Steam purchase, when I actually manage to have some spare cash - is likely going to be either:

Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition

or

Agents of Mayhem

Shadowrun is my favorite pen and paper RPG. I've been playing off and on for years. My longest lasting character is a Wolf Totem Shaman, but I prefer to run another character I made named The Surgeon most of the time. (Technically, he's a Street Samurai, but he's actually a sniper/team medic. Loooong explanation for that.)

Edited by GhostMachine

3 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

My next Steam purchase, when I actually manage to have some spare cash - is likely going to be either:

Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition

or

Agents of Mayhem

Shadowrun is my favorite pen and paper RPG. I've been playing off and on for years. My longest lasting character is a Wolf Totem Shaman, but I prefer to run another character I made named The Surgeon most of the time. (Technically, he's a Street Samurai, but he's actually a sniper/team medic. Loooong explanation for that.)

If you don't have Returns or Dragonfall yet, get those when you can too. The campaigns alone are worth the price of admission. You don't have to play them in order to get the story as they're framed as three separate campaigns, though they do reference each other in non-plot-vital ways.

Also HK adds a lot of new things, like the infamous monofilament whip as a cybernetic implant, and the Matrix sections are revamped too.

I bought Returns as soon as I could when it was released, albeit the standard edition and I haven't upgraded.

Glad to know they changed the Matrix sections. Those were my least favorite part of Returns.

Funny thing, out of all the Shadowrun missions I've done, I've only ever run into one player who used a monofilament whip. And it wasn't an implant. Character was a PhysAd, if I remember right.

If you didn't get Dragonfall, you'll be pleased to know that in Dragonfall and HK you have a full runner outfit you can run with without having to pay for them. You can still hire temps, but... you'll be able to have a balanced team no matter what your build is without them. They also provide dialogue on runs too!