Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

14 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

What sort of costs am I likely to be expecting to get a computer that is a FM/games akin to that beast?

Starting from scratch and skimping on a graphics card because you're only looking at playing simulator type games and probably indie titles?

Probably looking at something around 700 pounds just for the system alone, no peripherals or monitor.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/CKsYkd

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm not too much help, but my computer cost me £700 including the monitor and it run games like GTA V on the highest setting. You probably don't need to spend that much if you aren't too interested in playing any games on the ultra settings.

That might be because I didn't bother with an SSD and got my RAM for cheap off ebay.

My next PC needs to be able to run Cyberpunk 2077.

So, basically, I'll be looking between "IBM Watson" and "Skynet".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

What sort of costs am I likely to be expecting to get a computer that is a FM/games akin to that beast?

Minus the screen, I built my first PC for circa £300 - £350. Its easily doable if you price check the parts your buying and you don't 'need' to go OTT. However it is in know way future proof and at that cost you'll end up replacing bits as time goes on. That being said, if its just for FM/Sim games and I'd say titles from what, 5 - 10 years ago you probably don't need a beast.

FM's big killer is the processor you use, and that's just for speed of loading screens/database etc.

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

If you're not fussed about running it at the highest settings, I wouldn't have thought that the demands would be anywhere near elite level. The Witcher 3 runs on fairly modest hardware.

I want to feel Keanu's stare.

• Like 1

Playing Mass Effect 3, and... ugh. The exploration mechanics were really poorly thought out in this.

Leviathan DLC arc in ME, holy shit that was great.

Still hate the probing mechanics. I basically end up hunting down the locations by pinging while I'm chased by reapers, let them kill me, then ping at the right places.

I shouldn't have to basically commit suicide every time I try to sidequest, but that's what's come down to.

So I just finished XCOM2 before Uni starts on Monday. Might throw another game in there I haven't played in a while to trundle through the next few months. I was thinking Fallout 4 as I think I only got through half of it from memory.

Otherwise, anything else anyone can suggest?

1 minute ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

So I just finished XCOM2 before Uni starts on Monday. Might throw another game in there I haven't played in a while to trundle through the next few months. I was thinking Fallout 4 as I think I only got through half of it from memory.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Broforce, because any game with a button devoted to flexing your muscles is a must-play.

6 hours ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Broforce, because any game with a button devoted to flexing your muscles is a must-play.

I've played Broforce so much in the past.

I did not know you could flex though....

• Like 1

Spoiler

RIP Mordin

Cured the Genophage*

*Which he also created

If you are into horror games I cannot recommend The Conjuring House enough - i've watched through it twice now and gave it a 9 out of 10; my wife just finished watching through with me this time and she gave it an 8.5 out of 10. It does so many things well - not quite a 10, bit of room for improvement, but it does the horror genre so freaking well and is so well plotted out - it is awesome!