Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I just bought the Halo Maste Chief collection on Steam since I never played the Halo games when they were initially released. When I downloaded about 8 1/2 gigs of the 15 gigs of game files the download slows down to a stop. From then on it keeps restarting and stopping. I stopped the download manually, deleted the files that were already downloaded and then restarted the download. Everything works fine at first but as soon as I get to about 8 1/2 gigs the download slows down again. I've tried changing the download region but that didn't do anything. Does anybody know how to fix this? 

Edit: I also tried clearing my download cache which didn't do anything either other than making me have to change my password. I also tried stopping the download, switching to offline mode and then switching to online mode again to restart the download. Didn't help either. 

Edit 2: I changed the download region to France - Paris and it is working again. Let's hope it stays that way. 

Edited by Hellraiser

6 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I just bought the Halo Maste Chief collection on Steam since I never played the Halo games when they were initially released. When I downloaded about 8 1/2 gigs of the 15 gigs of game files the download slows down to a stop. From then on it keeps restarting and stopping. I stopped the download manually, deleted the files that were already downloaded and then restarted the download. Everything works fine at first but as soon as I get to about 8 1/2 gigs the download slows down again. I've tried changing the download region but that didn't do anything. Does anybody know how to fix this? 

Edit: I also tried clearing my download cache which didn't do anything either other than making me have to change my password. I also tried stopping the download, switching to offline mode and then switching to online mode again to restart the download. Didn't help either. 

Edit 2: I changed the download region to France - Paris and it is working again. Let's hope it stays that way. 

Yep that's a common issue. I'm in Australia and sometimes the downloads go down to 500kb/s during the day/evening. I change my download region to somewhere in the northern hemisphere and it skyrockets.

Late to the party on this one but the recent new laptop being better able to play "current" games I've picked up the two Warhammer Total War games, the Mortal Empires combination of all the factions from both games is amazing and I think, it's probably my favourite TW game to date. Really well made fantasy game alongside the standard qualities of the Total War series.

1 hour ago, lanky316 said:

Late to the party on this one but the recent new laptop being better able to play "current" games I've picked up the two Warhammer Total War games, the Mortal Empires combination of all the factions from both games is amazing and I think, it's probably my favourite TW game to date. Really well made fantasy game alongside the standard qualities of the Total War series.

Are those games accessible to people who aren't familiar with the Warhammer franchise?

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Are those games accessible to people who aren't familiar with the Warhammer franchise?

If you are familiar with fantasy and you want crazy high-fantasy battles, then W:TW is arguably the best modern (Post Shogun 2) Total War game out there. There's lore, but only in the sense that it will add to your experience if you're into the lore rather than detract from the experience if you don't know the lore.

There's also lots of different races and subfactions of those races, so you can do everything from crazy mountain dwarves who want to retake their homeland to pirate vampire elves.

The hero system that debuted in the TW games with Warhammer: TW1 also made the series a lot better, and it turns the game into an epic high fantasy bloodfest where smart usage of hero units can turn battles around, complete with oversized kill counts. But they're also not unstoppable to the point where they're win buttons, they add a 'believable' high-fantasy kind of element where a Warrior king will properly mince ill-prepared units.

So tl;dr
- If you are into Total War
- If you like your strategy to be High Fantasy
- And you want crazy pitched battles including heroes squaring off in epic battles.

Then Warhammer Total War is definitely a game to pick up.

If you want the above without fantasy but still crazy hero battles, go with Three Kingdoms.

• Like 2

^ this. Put it into words better than I was able to. The game gives you a guide to each race so you can get a feel for them without jumping in or necessarily knowing them. All the factions play slightly differently as well to add even more variety. Your legendary lord will sort of dictate how that plays. For example if we take dwarfs, if you're Thorgrim Grudgebearer you're able to have better relations with the various other dwarf factions and military buildings are cheaper and if you take Ungrim Ironfist you have stronger and more experienced Slayers the selection screen explains all that for you and with a guide to how they play. You can also get information on any units in more detail by right clicking on the unit card if there's anything you don't know.

13 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Apparently the next patch will decrease Mortal Empires loading times by up to 60% as well!

I was never huge into Warhammer, only really dabbled a little when I was younger (my uncle was really into it), but I find that the games are well made and very accessible even if you don't know the lore. Plus once you take into account TW:WH2 you basically have a race to suit whatever your play style is. And there's an upcoming free-LC with the new patch that adds what is basically the Bretonnian Joan of Arc to both campaigns.

On that note, they're also constantly adding new bits and pieces to the game overall, as an example the next DLC includes two new factions who play in unique ways (plus the aforementioned Joan of Arc expy for free) and there are some new provinces as they enhance the map. The city of Nagashizzar appearing has me veeery interested in future options!

Going through my Humble library and I realised that I have a lot of keys that haven't been redeemed. I have the keys to the following games up for grabs if anyone wants them (I either already have them or aren't interested):-

Chasm
Fluffy Horde
Regular Human Basketball
Soulcalibur VI - Gone to MisletOwen
Sword Legacy Omen
Tannenberg
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Collector's Edition - Gone to Paton
Megal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain + Definitive Experience DLC + Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - Gone to GhostMachine
Project CARS 2 - Gone to Meacon
Sniper Elite + Sniper Elite V2 + Sniper Elite 3
Hearts of Iron IV -  Gone to Pooker
Stellaris - Gone to Bigal
Total War: WARHAMMER
XCOM 2 - Gone to Jake O. Rhodes

First come, first serve, one game each! Don't want anything in return 'tis the season after all.

Edited by RazorsEdge

That's an awesome idea! I'll get on this too:

Running with Rifles
Moon Hunters
Crazy Machines 3
Panzer Corps+Panzer Corps Allied Corps DLC
Tannenberg
Insurgency
Steel Rats
She Remembered Caterpillars
MINIT
Dandara
A Short Hike
Wandersong
The Journey Down: Chapter Three
I'm not a Monster
Finding Paradise
Do Not Feed the Monkeys

20 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Going through my Humble library and I realised that I have a lot of keys that haven't been redeemed. I have the keys to the following games up for grabs if anyone wants them (I either already have them or aren't interested):-

Chasm
Fluffy Horde
Regular Human Basketball
Soulcalibur VI
Sword Legacy Omen
Tannenberg
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Collector's Edition
Megal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain + Definitive Experience DLC + Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Project CARS 2
Hearts of Iron IV
Stellaris
XCOM 2

First come, first serve, one game each! Don't want anything in return 'tis the season after all.

Stellaris would be brilliant if it's still available!

23 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Chasm
Fluffy Horde
Regular Human Basketball
Soulcalibur VI
Sword Legacy Omen
Tannenberg
Megal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain + Definitive Experience DLC + Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Project CARS 2
Hearts of Iron IV
XCOM 2

Soulcalibur VI would be great if possible! Thanks so much in advance :D

On 09/12/2019 at 06:36, RazorsEdge said:

Chasm
Fluffy Horde
Regular Human Basketball
Soulcalibur VI - Gone to MistetOwen
Sword Legacy Omen
Tannenberg
Project CARS 2
Hearts of Iron IV
XCOM 2

If nobody else is interested, I'll take hearts of iron iv.