Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

So.... apparently some people are getting hijacked when playing CS:GO and TF2. So don't do that for a while.

Ooh, thanks for the suggestion. I was looking through steam and found RCTW and saw that the reviews were terrible, but a theme park game is definitely more up my street than the hospital one.

It's 13 quid on CDKeys too, so I'll probably pick that up.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Ooh, thanks for the suggestion. I was looking through steam and found RCTW and saw that the reviews were terrible, but a theme park game is definitely more up my street than the hospital one.

It's 13 quid on CDKeys too, so I'll probably pick that up.

I have a spare key. I'll send it over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I paid a tenner for Green Hell through CDKeys. 

I linked up my Xbox controller because I don't have a proper mouse with me so don't fancy trying m+k just yet. Some of the controls are a bit fiddly but after playing through the intro I'm getting to grips with them. 

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

For those thinking about getting Chimera Squad, the game is apparently full of spyware that sends your data to Google Analytics, Amazon, Steam, 2K, Xsolla Spyware, Fireaxis and Microsoft - before you even accept the EULA.

If that's true, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'll be playing Gears Tactics through Game Pass when it comes out next week for my TBS fix. Let's hope that's not as bad.

On 24/04/2020 at 13:51, MadJack said:

For those thinking about getting Chimera Squad, the game is apparently full of spyware that sends your data to Google Analytics, Amazon, Steam, 2K, Xsolla Spyware, Fireaxis and Microsoft - before you even accept the EULA.

Damn I already bought it.

It's not 100% as alarming as it sounds - this is only coming from a guy in the Steam reviews sections, and other people analyzing what he's saying are pointing out that he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about - and any connections that are being made are more than likely the same kind of analytics and demographics stuff that pretty much every games in the last 12 years has been doing anyways. Creating a shortcut of the .exe will let you get around some of the stuff if need be;

\steamapps\common\XCOM-Chimera-Squad\Binaries\Win64\xcom.exe -review -noRedscreens -nostartupmovies

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

How does it compare with XCOM 2 as far as combat and difficulty go?

significantly easier in my opinion. I'm two hours in.

you basically breach one room, kill every bad guy and breach another room or finish the mission. no exploration of the map. very little surprises at the moment. so far I have gotten to three rooms to clear.

but as a father with limited time, I love the bite sized nature of the experience. XCOM 2 is great but some mission take 40 mins +. I'd estimate each mission is 5-15 minutes. 

• Like 3