2012 Major League Soccer Thread

HailtotheYo

Guest mr. potato head

I hope not Winter. Give him at least this season to see if he can get TFC playing his way. It's not like they're going to have a miraculous comeback anyhow.

That fucker is good. Oh wait he's in MLS :rolleyes:

Also, the cat is out of the bag. The retard coaching Philly will be trading Califf to CHVUSA.

Pickens should be MOTM despite losing to DCU 2-0 last night. 8 freaking saves. DCU should have had 4+ on the score sheet but Pickens was unbelievable.

No, he's a DP, he's allowed to be good.

Sorry, forgot the rules for a second.

OH, and he was signed under 30 years of age ! :o shock horror disbelief !

He graduated out of the Vancouver Whitecaps U-30s squad very quickly.

Vancouver Whitecaps are clearly an exception as they're Canadian :P

Is that why there were no old jokes for Frings ? Makes sense.

Saw a piece about Rafeal Robayo crying about not getting on the field yet for the Fire. He insists the league is sub par and he could play for Colombia (despite not getting time in a sub par league).

LOL

Shit's going down right now. Some sort of trade/trades between Philly, NYRB, and Chivas USA. New York's getting Heath Pearce, Chivas are getting Juan Agudelo, not quite sure who Philly's getting.

Also, it sounds like MLS may finally be rid of Rafa Marquez as he might be moving to Atlas in Mexico.

Shit's going down right now. Some sort of trade/trades between Philly, NYRB, and Chivas USA. New York's getting Heath Pearce, Chivas are getting Juan Agudelo, not quite sure who Philly's getting.

Also, it sounds like MLS may finally be rid of Rafa Marquez as he might be moving to Atlas in Mexico.

Goal.com is reporting the Agudelo to Chivas and Pearce going the other way bit. Pearce confirmed on Twitter that he's been traded to NY.

WOW.

so those Adebayor links to NYRB are laughable eh ? (I know that's a 2+2 = 5 line of math)

I completely agree that Nowak has done a terrible job with Union for about the past year now and has no business being the head coach, but I don't think this trade is all too terrible. Califf has been struggling with an injury, is getting older, and not been playing all that well when fit anyways. The move gives us some allocation money at least. However, if Nowak is in charge, I wouldn't expect it to be spent too wisely.

I think from a player perspective this isn't the worst thing Philly's ever done, or as bafflingly stupid a decision as "let's get rid of Le Toux for allocation money!" It basically sounds like it's been handled in typical bridge-burning fashion, though.

I do not understand how TFC can be so fucking terrible in league play, but so amazing in the Champion's League. It's just... oh my fucking Jesus. Our defenders are so terrible. And no linking play in the midfield. It's just infuriating. I don't expect TFC to be one of the best teams in the league, but my God, I expect at least a draw within the first eight games--again, especially after the way they played in the Champion's League. They proved they aren't as bad as their league play indicates. And half the time they're trying to set up PLATA with crosses. Plata is like, 5'3". Get him on as a super-sub type player, too. He's been ass. <_<

That all said, I was at the Toronto leg of the Champion's League against the Galaxy. That game was fucking incredible. I also hope to be at Liverpool against TFC. Two favourite footie teams against each other? Yes, please.

Also, I want the Adidas contract to be over. So many ugly kits in the MLS. :(

Except Portland. My God, do I want a Portland kit.

Edited by Will? Yum.