General Gaming Thread

TKz

8 hours ago, apsham said:

Wait, does UFC 4 have legit concussions? That you can then fight with?

You either have to rest or treat injuries which costs money and some of your weekly points and if they're still there on fight week your fight gets cancelled if it's bad enough

Just now, =BK= said:

I got PGA2K21 today, it's very much the Golf Club engine rebadged, and as always I'm either slicing everything because of my inability to do stick control swinging, or tearing up rounds in the 50s if I make the swing easier. Got to find a balance I guess.

Marvel's Avengers dropped the news on their battle passes recently.

All base game characters have challenge cards unlocked - this is how you unlock new cosmetics through daily/weeklies but starting with Hawkeye you're going to have to drop 10 dollars per character for those passes. You can earn some of the currency in-game with unlocks on other battle passes and IF you reach the top tier of that pass, you'll have earned all your credits back apparently. How reasonable/likely that is... entirely up in the air.

17 hours ago, apsham said:

Marvel's Avengers dropped the news on their battle passes recently.

All base game characters have challenge cards unlocked - this is how you unlock new cosmetics through daily/weeklies but starting with Hawkeye you're going to have to drop 10 dollars per character for those passes. You can earn some of the currency in-game with unlocks on other battle passes and IF you reach the top tier of that pass, you'll have earned all your credits back apparently. How reasonable/likely that is... entirely up in the air.

I'm glad I decided not to buy that game because I have no idea what any of this means besides sounding like Gacha level money grubbing. 

3 hours ago, =BK= said:

I'm glad I decided not to buy that game because I have no idea what any of this means besides sounding like Gacha level money grubbing. 

1. Do challenges for characters to unlock cosmetics and in-game currency

2. All base game characters have this ability for free

3. Each character given for free after launch doesn't have this unlocked by default

4. 1,000 in game points to unlock it (can't rembember exact value) where $10 in real money equals 1,000 points

5. If you make it to the end of a character's challenge track, you'll have earned back 1,000 points which you could possibly use on the new hero to unlock their track

Sounds like a situation where you'd have to REALLY give the game your time in order to spend no money on the battle pass for each new character that comes out. If you are earning currency through playing like normal, I'm guessing that you'll basically dabble in the characters and get enough in-game currency to maybe at least get the first pass on the first new character for free. Past that they're probably hoping/expecting to get the microtransactions.

Still playing ME:A. I can only imagine Jaal's reactions to me scanning every planet we come across, including one of the planets he wanted me to go to, only to skip said planet and go to the other side of the cluster because oh lookie there's some I missed.

6 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Boo. I was excited for both CK3 AND Wasteland 3... tried both tonight, couldn't get into either :( Maybe I'll try FF4 again to see if I can get into that.

I'm gonna take a bit to get into CK3 myself.

That, and the inevitable GOT mod to drop :shifty:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Ashly Burch is becoming as universal in the video game industry as Troy Baker and Nolan North.

She was Parvati in The Outer Worlds, and that was my favourite character in the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toe said:

She was Parvati in The Outer Worlds, and that was my favourite character in the game.

She really was the best character!

I'm watching Critical Role at the moment, and I'm in the stretch where she's guest starring as a dwarven fighter named Keg! It's great.

I've finished the Avengers main story (not cleared the campaign War Table, though). It's a good story, I like it. Towards the end it feels really rushed, though. It seems like there was a lot cut from the story for whatever reason, when you could have added maybe an extra hour or so and it'd be ever better.

No major bugs, like what some are reporting over on the subreddit, but I've had two that made me restart from the last checkpoint (oddly enough, during Black Widow's story missions). I haven't had framerate drops that slow gameplay, but I've had drops in picture quality due to chaotic nature of the combat in some missions where the game just throws dozens of enemies at you.

The difficulty needs to be tweaked, at least in my opinion. Even on easy I'm dying a shit load, but maybe it's because all of my characters besides Ms. Marvel are below level 10 (but their power levels are around 20ish). 

If anyone does get the game, don't immediately jump into the Avengers Initiative, unless you don't mind spoilers IMMEDIATELY, as soon as it loads up the first cut scene.

But anyway, BIG spoilery thoughts on the main story/final battle: 

Spoiler

MODOK has the Power Stone? I bet the "endgame" they've talked about involves the infinity gems somehow. Especially since a Kree sentry controlled by MODOK is the "final boss". I thought this would be where Captain Marvel at least makes a cutscene appearance to help Kamala, but nah, we just get a big ass kaiju battle between Ms. Marvel and the Kree Sentry.

"Scientist Supreme" Monica Rappaccini... eh, okay. I'm not that deep into Marvel lore that I would know this was a thing, until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Interesting that Hank Pym plays such a minor role in this game, and then this happens, whereas in the comics, Pym also goes by that alias. As it is, though, I don't think Ant-Man, the Pym version anyway, will ever be playable, unless it's a prequel mission, since he can't shrink down (presumably grow, either) without dying thanks to AIM.

Edited by tristy

Any Super Hero games out besides Avengers or Spider-Man or is DCUO gonna be my fix?